Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    "No" might not be the response you're looking for, but all the same, "No."
    gotta admit, he said it best

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze
    This is also why sometimes I can get frustrated with [INFPs] because I feel I can understand how they react to things but they reach very, very different conclusions and interpretations and ultimately make different decisions from me. This is why I don't identify with having an INFP inside me.
    this is how i feel too.

i do have a more concealed but still strong Fi, but i don't have an INFP locked inside. i was more like the IFP child than the ENP child, and i am not super socially extraverted, but i have since learned that none of those things are actually related to not being an ENFP.

i've always tested INFP but felt like there was something "wrong" with the type descriptions. they didn't fit me well enough. that's what brought me to typoC, actually - i wanted to figure out what was up with that. why i wasn't as moral or averse to conflict, why i didn't sound nearly as "grounded", etc. but all those tests said no way i could be an E because i wasn't the life of every party, etc.

so no, there's no latent INFP. i might be a quiet ENFP, but i am ENFP to the core, baby

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    gotta admit, he said it best

this is how i feel too.

i do have a more concealed but still strong Fi, but i don't have an INFP locked inside. i was more like the IFP child than the ENP child, and i am not super socially extraverted, but i have since learned that none of those things are actually related to not being an ENFP.

i've always tested INFP but felt like there was something "wrong" with the type descriptions. they didn't fit me well enough. that's what brought me to typoC, actually - i wanted to figure out what was up with that. why i wasn't as moral or averse to conflict, why i didn't sound nearly as "grounded", etc. but all those tests said no way i could be an E because i wasn't the life of every party, etc.

so no, there's no latent INFP. i might be a quiet ENFP, but i am ENFP to the core, baby
    I was a full blown IFP as a kid. And today, INFP. No doubt about it. But I used to perform as a kid, had a bit of ENP in me. That was in the better days, when things settled down. But I was always hurt, and put back down as an IFP eventually. Some would say I'm ISFP too because of many reasons unknown to me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    I was 80% IFP as a kid, and 20% ENP. Today, full blown INFP.
    yeah. i think it has a ton to do with your environment and your parents, too.

looking back, i can see that i was always relatively Ne first. it just didn't present in the supposedly-ENP way because of the circumstances i was in.

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Sorry, I ninja edited that.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    Do we ENFPs actually keep an INFP locked up inside like a caged animal?? Strange question I know but so many ENFPs that I speak to have said that they feel as though they are in fact INFPs or are at least confused by the term extrovert when it is applied to them? They do not think it appropiate somehow.

Also there seems to be a common story emerging amongst the ENFPs that I have had contact with IRL, As very young children they seemed to display definite INFP traits which were either trampled on by parents or schools etc. They then went on to develope a false sense of confidence to make a better fit into the world. Most of the ENFPs mention a particular time in their lives when they chose to be more confident. This process could be simply maturity, something that happens to us all, it could even be an explanation for extraversion in general. Have other Es had a similar experience?

I do know that the difference bewteen ENFP and INFP is not simply a difference in extroversion and introversion but I think that more so than many other types, the lines between ENFPs and INFPs are blurred.

What are your thoughts or experiences?

This really resonates with me, the bolded, but um...actually I think I acted like an ISFJ as a child or something...really...I was obedient...and "nice"...and did what I was supposed to...and read all the time...and was SO FUCKING SHY...but about the time I hit puberty, through being a performer (I took dance for eleven years, play piano, acted in plays, being in beauty pageants, etc.) I developed this totally FLAWLESS cover. I can still use it when I want to employ it. But people drain me. I need to be alone. Was I forced into false extroversion? Or is this who ENFPs are? I relate so much I think to having tertiary Te that it makes me hesitate to think I'm INFP. I can be so "Hey stop your whining shit and just do it" which is so paradoxical to my usual sensitivity. I'm so outspoken at times.

Hmm.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    This really resonates with me, the bolded, but um...actually I think I acted like an ISFJ as a child or something...really...I was obedient...and "nice"...and did what I was supposed to...and read all the time...and was SO FUCKING SHY...but about the time I hit puberty, through being a performer (I took dance for eleven years, play piano, acted in plays, being in beauty pageants, etc.) I developed this totally FLAWLESS cover. I can still use it when I want to employ it. But people drain me. I need to be alone. Was I forced into false extroversion? Or is this who ENFPs are? I relate so much I think to having tertiary Te that it makes me hesitate to think I'm INFP. I can be so "Hey stop your whining shit and just do it" which is so paradoxical to my usual sensitivity. I'm so outspoken at times.

Hmm.
    This resonates with me. People don't really draim me, their stupidity and thoughtlessness does. I need to be away from that or at least have a physical outlet for it. I relate so much to E and dom Ne I can't be anything other than ENFP.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I think all INFPs keep an ENFP locked inside.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    I think all INFPs keep an ENFP locked inside.
    he comes out when i drink, and he's HILARIOUS.. oh my me i make me laugh

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

The only ENFP I know has been an extreme extrovert her whole life, but she does operate from a base of insecurity. It's kind of like - I must have 100 friends to prove that I am worthy of people's friendship.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I was pondering this just yesterday. I'm pretty big on extroversion but i can relate to infp's well and i identify hugely, so um yes maybe.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"