User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    You're losing perspective mlittrell! Typology has tainted your mind!
    i would beg to differ

"The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment is a psychometric questionnaire designed to measure psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions."

not

"The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment is a psychometric questionnaire designed to measure behavioral preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions."

and

psychological: mental or emotional as opposed to physical in nature

not

behavior(al): the actions or reactions of a person or animal in response to external or internal stimuli.

hehe sorry
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ISFJ

I know it's a pet peeve of yours so that's why I mentioned it

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

lol ya im just being a dbag lol... its that big of a deal... just something everyone should keep in their minds

im that crazy old guy that lives next door, just ignore me

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

milttrel you are funny...is that you being serious and making fun of yourself or are you being sarcastic?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

all of the above haha, and more

Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

you can't be doing both! can you? haha...idk...either way it's pretty funny...ranting like the crazy old man next door! haha funny...funny

like this... or this...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

the second smiley would be me.

im serious in what im saying. people focus waaaaay too much on the behavioral aspects of mbti and not enough on the cognitive. and no one seems to focus on the social aspects of mbti either but thats a whole different rant. and most people look into mbti way too much, its an extremely simple model that doesn't take half a brain to master, you can only get so complex with it, but i digress.

at the same time im making fun of myself for being so zealous about it. i like my little rants.

and im always sarcastic in some way.

Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

completely understand...me too. see enfp's are just alike!
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

i have an intp locked inside

Junior Member CheekyIrishTinker's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    well for me...and i don't know if i can describe it well...we'll see...is that there are two different types of people in the world...meaning ones that i instantly relate to and feel comfortable with and others who i don't...i am lucky that in the sorts of social and/or work situations i find myself in that i'm usually surrounded by people i do connect with...and if given the choice to be with them or alone...i'll choose them...but if put into a situation surrounded by the other type i prefer to be alone. i am a very open and expressive person and it's important to me to be accepted by my company if i don't feel that then i'll retreat and behave in a more introverted way...or most likely leave the situation...because i don't fake it with people and i can't feign interest where there is none.
    so...some of the answers on the test are misleading or hard to know how to answer because...yes i only enjoy being around people that i feel a connection with...but...i don't need to be alone unless around others that i don't...

does that make any sense? and did it even answer the question?
    This very issue has been niggling me today and having explored the types since joining this place I have started to question the E/I part of my NFP-ness.

However, the post by Erinavery above seems to hit the nail on the head for me. if I was to try and elaborate and articulate my personal take on it then I'd say this...

As much as I really love people and interaction with others and feel perked up by it I would probably prefer to be alone than with the WRONG people! By 'wrong' I mean people who I either don't 'get' or like very much or who's energy is so strong that it overwhelms me - as I tend to be an emotional sponge when it comes to others and their feelings/moods/energy etc.

It's like if I had to choose between being stuck with people I don't get or who don't understand me OR being on a desert island alone then sometimes I feel like I'd head for the island!!

Or does that go against the very essence of being an ENFP??

I dunno, can't say I know enough about all the types to comment on the ins and outs of it all.

All thoughts on this particular slant welcome!