User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 213

  1. #111
    almost half a doctor phoenix13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I have one request for ENFPs.

    When they say "then I become introverted" what that actually means.

    I would like to hear how much this introverted phases last and what do you do during them. Also, do you get out of this state fast if some interesting social offer comes your way?
    That means that we are using Fi more than Ne. In the absence of external stimuli, many ENFPs look within themselves and cultivate their Fi. How long that lasts or what gets us out varies too much for me to answer. What causes us to withdraw into ourselves, however, is often depression (emotional or physical), low self-esteem, general unhappiness, or too much people contact.

    "OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

  2. #112
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Can I just chime in again that no, I don't feel I have an infp inside me. I also hope I don't have an intp inside me. I have an ENFP inside me and I have me inside me that struggles constantly to be out there and shine.

    No offense, but as an ENFP and just me, life just seems harder as an INXP. I can identify sure, with a lot of the make up (or cognitive functions) of INTPs or INFPs and again, I have great friends of both types.

    But, I really value and appreciate my extraverted functioning -- the fact I draw energy from the outside world and need to be in the mix and with people. Without it, I would not be who I am. Extraversion and the need and desire to be with the world stomping on grapes with the best of them, that is a core part of who I am.

    I would not want to be an Fi or Ti dominant person, nothing personal. I just don't like how close-circuit those systems seem to me, I want to be with people and with the world, and though you can criticize Ne all you want, it at least prevents me from collapsing in on myself. Ne forces my being to pay attention to everyone and everything else around me.

    INFPs and ENFPs are very different animals. Maybe made from the same clay but molded quite differently. This is why I like my INFP friends, we're from similar schools but very different people so we mutually pique one another's interest. This is also why sometimes I can get frustrated with them because I feel I can understand how they react to things but they reach very, very different conclusions and interpretations and ultimately make different decisions from me. This is why I don't identify with having an INFP inside me.

    I think people are perhaps confusing true introversion with 'low' periods in one's life. Nothing at all wrong or judgement laden about true introversion, but just as it's stressful to force an introvert constantly in the limelight and force interaction with them at huge parties and schmoozing, it's stressful for an extravert to be forced into prolonged solitude, even even if it's 'self imposed'.

    ENFPs, when you find yourself in that slump or too long gone in hiding, you're really just hiding from yourselves and how sensitive you are to the world. It doesn't work. You're not an introvert. You might be lazy (hahaha), you might be super laid back and go with the flow, but you're not an introvert. It's not going to sustain you in the long run or give you strength the way it can for a true introvert. And even introverts need to get out of the house once in a while! :P

    FTR, I am more likely to test as INTP than INFP.

    Speaking of all that, I need to get my lazy, ennervated ass out of the house.

    See ya!!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  3. #113
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Can I just chime in again that no, I don't feel I have an infp inside me. I also hope I don't have an intp inside me. I have an ENFP inside me and I have me inside me that struggles constantly to be out there and shine.

    No offense, but as an ENFP and just me, life just seems harder as an INXP. I can identify sure, with a lot of the make up (or cognitive functions) of INTPs or INFPs and again, I have great friends of both types.

    But, I really value and appreciate my extraverted functioning -- the fact I draw energy from the outside world and need to be in the mix and with people. Without it, I would not be who I am. Extraversion and the need and desire to be with the world stomping on grapes with the best of them, that is a core part of who I am.

    I would not want to be an Fi or Ti dominant person, nothing personal. I just don't like how close-circuit those systems seem to me, I want to be with people and with the world, and though you can criticize Ne all you want, it at least prevents me from collapsing in on myself. Ne forces my being to pay attention to everyone and everything else around me.

    INFPs and ENFPs are very different animals. Maybe made from the same clay but molded quite differently. This is why I like my INFP friends, we're from similar schools but very different people so we mutually pique one another's interest. This is also why sometimes I can get frustrated with them because I feel I can understand how they react to things but they reach very, very different conclusions and interpretations and ultimately make different decisions from me. This is why I don't identify with having an INFP inside me.

    I think people are perhaps confusing true introversion with 'low' periods in one's life. Nothing at all wrong or judgement laden about true introversion, but just as it's stressful to force an introvert constantly in the limelight and force interaction with them at huge parties and schmoozing, it's stressful for an extravert to be forced into prolonged solitude, even even if it's 'self imposed'.

    ENFPs, when you find yourself in that slump or too long gone in hiding, you're really just hiding from yourselves and how sensitive you are to the world. It doesn't work. You're not an introvert. You might be lazy (hahaha), you might be super laid back and go with the flow, but you're not an introvert. It's not going to sustain you in the long run or give you strength the way it can for a true introvert. And even introverts need to get out of the house once in a while! :P

    FTR, I am more likely to test as INTP than INFP.

    Speaking of all that, I need to get my lazy, ennervated ass out of the house.

    See ya!!
    I think you said something similar to what I said few posts back but in much more gentle way.

    Since you mention Fi and Ti, what do you think about Ni since it is a form of intuition like Ne? Would you take it as dominant function?

  4. #114
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I agree with ea, this does make sense. So maybe I should follow Jacks advice and ask you this:


    Could it be that you temporarily make your auxilary function dominant due to circumstances?

    What I mean is..when I'm pissed at the world, I'm way more likely to use Fi and judge everything than I am likely to use Ne and seek more input.


    I'd appreciate your opinion
    Generally, when we are stressed we tend to seek comfort. We are most comfortable using our dominant function. Therefore when we are stressed we are more likely to over-rely on our dominant function rather than our auxiliairy.

    However, under some circumstances we may be temporarily forced to use our auxiliary function more than our dominant. For example, if I were to find myself at an environment where I would have to engage in lecturing or public speaking a great deal (much more than I would be forced to engage in solitary contemplation of abstract ideas ), I would be forced to temporarily use Ne more than Ti.

    However, because Ti is my dominant function, or quite simply my strongest unconscious predilection of all functions, inevitably I would go back to using Ti more than Ne.

    --------------------------------------------------------------

    In conclusion, it is plausible to argue that under some circumstances we would use our auxiliary function more than our primary. This is possible because it is easy for us to focus on our auxiliary funciton as by definition an auxiliary function is one that we are naturally very comfortable with and we may easily encounter circumstances where it would be desirable to use our auxiliary function. Whilst it is possible for us to use our auxiliary function more than our dominant for a short period of time, we should clearly acknowledge that such a period of time is indeed very short. This is because we always have a stronger predilection towards using what we call 'the dominant function' than our auxiliary. The stronger disposition will prevail in all cases unless we are making a conscious effort to do what is contrary to our instincts. In short, we would be able to ensure that we use our auxiliary function more than our dominant by exercising our strength of will and self-discipline, but most of us do not do so, nor see a compelling reason to attempt to do so.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  5. #115
    Senior Member bronte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Generally, when we are stressed we tend to seek comfort. We are most comfortable using our dominant function. Therefore when we are stressed we are more likely to over-rely on our dominant function rather than our auxiliairy.



    And perhaps this is not always the best thing for us to do?
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

  6. #116
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I think you said something similar to what I said few posts back but in much more gentle way.

    Since you mention Fi and Ti, what do you think about Ni since it is a form of intuition like Ne? Would you take it as dominant function?
    Clarification: you mean you said it more gently or I did?

    The jury's still out on Ni. I honestly don't know how it works but I get the feeling in INFJs it accounts for the eccentric gene.

    I don't say that in a derogatory way, but Ni seems to be moreso than Fi the secret ingredient that makes people 'still waters run deep' -- like you can seem so calm on the surface but there's massive stuff going on underneath the surface.

    And stuff different from thinking about things like Ti or diving into a feeling soup like Fi. I understand Ne because I have so much of it but even as a principle, it's much easier to understand Ne -- basically focusing on your surroundings and come up with conclusions.

    But Ni to focus on...yourself? To come up with...conclusion about the external world?

    I even started a thread to understand Ni better and I don't yet.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I don't say that in a derogatory way, but Ni seems to be moreso than Fi the secret ingredient that makes people 'still waters run deep' -- like you can seem so calm on the surface but there's massive stuff going on underneath the surface.
    Do you say that because of what you academically understand Ni to be and Jung's "Description of the Introverted Intuitive Type," or your analysis of INFJs, INTJs, ENFJs, and ENTJs?

    It's an important difference.

  8. #118
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    That means that we are using Fi more than Ne. In the absence of external stimuli, many ENFPs look within themselves and cultivate their Fi. How long that lasts or what gets us out varies too much for me to answer. What causes us to withdraw into ourselves, however, is often depression (emotional or physical), low self-esteem, general unhappiness, or too much people contact.
    +1
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  9. #119
    Senior Member Nillerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Wow, you fucking hit me with a hammer. What the fuck. *dies inside*

    Seriously, OP's post is like a dart and it described me absolutely perfectly.

  10. #120
    Senior Member BlahBlahNounBlah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    ENFPs keep a massive orgasm inside. And only I have the power to set it free.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] What attracts an ENFP male and how do you keep him?
    By Lightyear in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-24-2017, 03:58 PM
  2. Am I an enfp or an infp?
    By Hithere in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-26-2016, 08:06 PM
  3. [ENFP] What do ENFPs think of INFPs?
    By Robopop in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 04:40 PM
  4. [ENFP] What would be a good gift to get an ENFP or an INFP?
    By KarenParker in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 03:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO