User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Goat Getting

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Default Goat Getting

I posted this in the NT forum 'cause of... reasons but I wanted to know NF opinions too, hence the placement, and even then only vaguely, but anyway, I'm curious about this.
    I know it's a dupe.
    Don't move the thread Edahn.

What do you all think about deliberately getting peoples' goats?
    That is, by you, or by someone else.

How do you respond when you can tell someone is just trying to get your goat?
    How do you respond if you don't know they're trying to get your goat, but realize it later on?

I do it alot, but it's not so much that I go after their goat as much as it is that they give it to me.
    But sometimes I do intentionally get peoples' goats.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

I was brought up on a farm, on which there were far too many noisy, mischievous, butty goats for comfort. And I don't even like goats' milk that much. Cheese is a different matter, but I can't be bothered to do something complicated like make it myself. So I currently posess no goats whatsoever, and am quite content with my goat-free circumstances. I am not even going to start coveting anyone else's goats, let alone actually go after them. And being goat-free myself, I am also immune to the other issue you mention, that of someone else wanting to get my goat.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Either I am just stupid, or am missing something key..because I don't know whether to take this literally, or if it has some meaning, I'm missing it...
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    I posted this in the NT forum 'cause of... reasons but I wanted to know NF opinions too, hence the placement, and even then only vaguely, but anyway, I'm curious about this.
    I know it's a dupe.
    Don't move the thread Edahn.

What do you all think about deliberately getting peoples' goats?
    That is, by you, or by someone else.

How do you respond when you can tell someone is just trying to get your goat?
    How do you respond if you don't know they're trying to get your goat, but realize it later on?

I do it alot, but it's not so much that I go after their goat as much as it is that they give it to me.
    But sometimes I do intentionally get peoples' goats.
    How do I respond, by getting pissed off- which just makes me fall into their hands. I know that by reacting I reward their efforts and bring them satisfaction but I can't help it- I can't mask my emotions and my face always gives my thoughts away. Damn these beautiful expressive eyebrows!

I try to do the petty revenge of getting someone's goat as a passive aggressive way of saying you suck,lol. For instance- an ENTJ girl who is an ego maniac made a play and wrote, starred, and directed the sucky crap herself. When watching a movie with her in a room with a group of people that was written, directed, and starring a guy I said very loudly wow what a complete egomaniac the guy wrote, directed and is starring in it- you know it is going to suck.

I was very obviously trying to say YOU SUCK YOU COMPLETE EGOMANIAC.
    I don't even think she cared,lol. Oh well worth a try,lol.

I don't like it when people try to get my goat because I just reward them for it and am an easy target. I try to take revenge and use t back but I just end up feeling worse.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I try to have as little of a reaction as possible because having big reaction is exactly what they're looking for. If I know beforehand, I try to ignore them.

Also, sometimes I warn other people that they're walking into traps just because it's awkward to watch the whole interaction if they play right into it.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I try to have as little of a reaction as possible because having big reaction is exactly what they're looking for. If I know beforehand, I try to ignore them.
    I try to stay cool and calm. And mostly I ignore. These days, I also might roll my eyes or maybe turn things around on *them* - depending on the scenario. hehe. (but also...this hasn't really happened that I can recall for years, so I don't have much to reference - either that, or I just don't care and don't take it personally and instead get amused by it these days??)

But this is reminding me of those horrid jr. high and high school days. I'd sometimes wonder whether ignoring it wasn't egging them on just as much, for they knew I knew what they were doing. And for some, the motive might be to not stop *until* they get a reaction.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I'm not feeling like reading all the details
    SO just tell me
    what the hell is this goat thing about!
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

You guys seriously don't understand?

You... like... you've never gotten a goat before?

I'm sure you have -- even you emotional NFs.
    Surely at least once you've gotten someone's goat.

See: Urban Dictionary for definition of goat getting.
    Also look up "salty" which is a favorite expression of mine, but one I never ever use.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ oh eck...we are soul sistas aren't we...haha

umm...i have issues with the phrase...it bugs me...but if you mean just giving someone shit...for the fun of it...sure i do it quite often and it doesn't bother me a bit if someone does it to me too...but maybe i'm missing the actual point too.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

hah, awh man, I was feeling pretty 'salty'. How could I have been so stupid.

I feel invaded a lot, and it's weird, because it makes me uncomfortable, totally unrests my peace. I just play it cool though, hoping that they will soon leave me be. I don't like getting phone calls from people, usually, so I stay distant.

I guess, in general, I zone out, hoping that they will loose interest with me and leave. Probably not a good thing to do, but when I'm not in the mood, it's really disturbing when people butt in, as in calling me, showing up at my house, approaching me in public..I tend to be highly avoidant.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?