User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    fool

Default Never had this scary experience? (connecting)

never mind

MBTI
    INFP

So what is he thinking and feeling

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    Have you ever had a weird feel of "connection" with someone by just looking at them in the eyes? I've had a very weird experience with my ENFJ teacher. I don't know what the hell it is, but I just feel so exposed looking at him in the eyes. .
    yeah, it's called stalking ur teacher. A thing girls do.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    fool

Oh jesus xD ...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    Oh jesus xD ...
    always glad to help lost souls milady
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

it's a nuclear device antireconciler's Avatar
    MBTI
    Intj
    Enneagram
    5w4 so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by tibby
    Have you ever had a weird feel of "connection" with someone by just looking at them in the eyes? I've had a very weird experience with my ENFJ teacher. I don't know what the hell it is, but I just feel so exposed looking at him in the eyes.
    Only a fragment left? What a shame. Well, in any case, I would be curious to know if others have had an experience the subject reminds me of.

Very rarely, maybe only twice, I've looked an attractive girl in the eyes and they were looking me in the eyes too. I feel kind of a rush from it because it's very intense, but neither of our expressions change. It's just kind of like a wave washing over me. Intense enough, actually, that in both cases, I was the first to look away. But having looked away, I felt a bit like I had to get away. It's a very connective experience because in that moment you feel penetrated or pierced, like you're being seen straight through.

But, it's a highly pleasant experience. I would have it again any time, but instead of freezing, I would smile. The second time I remember the experience, it was with someone I didn't know I liked until later. This girl was actually very much like me, but I didn't comprehend that. I only thought she was strange and avoided her. But you know, avoidance is my first response to people I'm fond of. It's hard to distinguish avoidance from disinterest sometimes, but when you feel something powerfully connective like this, it has a way of persuading you about how you really feel.

It's a remarkable experience that says for both at once, "the two of us are alike." Has anyone here had the wave-wash-over-you-eye-contact experience? It's interesting to me.
    ~ a n t i r e c o n c i l e r
    What is death, dies.
    What is life, lives.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by antireconciler View Post
    But, it's a highly pleasant experience. I would have it again any time, but instead of freezing, I would smile. The second time I remember the experience, it was with someone I didn't know I liked until later. This girl was actually very much like me, but I didn't comprehend that. I only thought she was strange and avoided her. But you know, avoidance is my first response to people I'm fond of. It's hard to distinguish avoidance from disinterest sometimes, but when you feel something powerfully connective like this, it has a way of persuading you about how you really feel.

It's a remarkable experience that says for both at once, "the two of us are alike." Has anyone here had the wave-wash-over-you-eye-contact experience? It's interesting to me.
    I'm interested to know how you found it pleasant?

I have had it happen with one person, who by the way is nothing like me - an ESTJ. I avoid him like the plague.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

eck! you freaked her out and she deleted!! ahhh!!
    umm...not in the same way no...but i have had instant unexplainable connections from making eye contact with someone before...but i wasn't scared...or freaked out about it...but yeah...i've felt it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

it's a nuclear device antireconciler's Avatar
    MBTI
    Intj
    Enneagram
    5w4 so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    eck! you freaked her out and she deleted!! ahhh!!
    umm...not in the same way no...but i have had instant unexplainable connections from making eye contact with someone before...but i wasn't scared...or freaked out about it...but yeah...i've felt it.
    Hmm. Maybe it comes in degrees? I experienced it kind of like a lock. I felt captivated. "Don't look away!" ... but it's intense enough in a fraction of a second that I did so anyway. I was scared! It kind of shook me up although I pretended that nothing had happened. I was kind of embarrassing! Like I'd revealed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    I'm interested to know how you found it pleasant?

I have had it happen with one person, who by the way is nothing like me - an ESTJ. I avoid him like the plague.
    Pleasant perhaps in retrospect. It's kind of in the same vein as the experiences related to starting a new relationship. Approaching a girl can be terrifying! ... but yet later even that feeling of terror makes you feel just so very alive. The whole experience takes on a glossy finish. (It's what keeps even us shyer types looking for relationships. )

There might be more to likeness than overt personality ... do you avoid this person because you would feel awkward before him or because you find him distasteful?
    ~ a n t i r e c o n c i l e r
    What is death, dies.
    What is life, lives.

MBTI
    INFP

Trust your initial reaction.

If you're wrong to be freaked out, in time the situation will make itself more clear.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer