User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Never been in a relationship before, but when I do, I think I'd feel most comfortable with another INFP..I just know it's what I need. I don't need the strength, the courage, or any of that..I need a pure second half..that can feel as I do. I need some understanding from another human being. This is a very deep subject for me, because my life isn't based around philosophies..isn't based on being intellectually aware, or any of that..I'm soully here to find deep love, spread it, and be on my way.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

it's a nuclear device antireconciler's Avatar
    MBTI
    Intj
    Enneagram
    5w4 so
    Socionics
    INTj

Hmm. INF's experience the world very similar to the way I have, so they're naturally easy and enjoyable to be with.

You should question specific characteristics in your mind which you think make someone or yourself attractive, because often, those characteristics are only so attractive because of their mediate relation to something more fundamental, which probably transcends typology. Typology the basis for shared meaning, in the same way language and art is for a people, but the content of the meaning in FORM is fundamentally human.

So, if you want to know what is attractive about an INF, you could read a description of an INF in a typology series, and say "THAT is what is attractive about an INF-type. The loving aspects, because I recognize them for what they are, and love them, and the fear-based aspects, because I recognize them too for what they are, and can thus help heal them, because I recognize what I love even through this fearful haze."
    ~ a n t i r e c o n c i l e r
    What is death, dies.
    What is life, lives.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by antireconciler View Post
    . . . because I recognize what I love even through this fearful haze."

Well said. Also poetic and pretty.
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Damn I need a girlfriend lol.
    We need a matchmaking area of the site. Sortable by geographic locale and age / sex / type, etc. Make it so.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    We need a matchmaking area of the site. Sortable by geographic locale and age / sex / type, etc. Make it so.
    Ask one of the mods, see if they'll alow it. Or start a poll first to see if there is enough interest, then bug them.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

Unfortunately, I'm quite flaky in relationships. I have this ideal of a perfect relationship in my head, which only the perfect guy will be able to have with me. So even though I'm with an awesome INxP (oh, all right, a boyfriend who claims he is INFP but I think has T) I often have small crushes on other less attainable guys (not serious ones) which luckily my NP boyfriend has no problem with. I still fell that the first time I had a crush was the best kind of 'love' I felt, and that that particular boy was, and might still be, someone I would want to be with. Much to my boyfriend's disgust, I have fallen for creeps in the past. Creeps. Guys who swept me away with compliments (I knew I was being swept away but didn't care), dated me behind their real girlfriend's backs (good grief, now I realise how horrible it sounds) and basically liked them to pander to my ego...okay, I think I'd better stop.

At the end of the day, however, I'm with a guy I really respect, who makes me laugh, is intelligent, understanding, and really loves me. And I have enough sense to realise this is the real thing, and though he isn't in the least bit demonstrative, mysterious, or spontaneous and doesn't always make my heart flutter, maybe he doesn't need to, because he and I really have a great friendship which has developed into something special.
    I 78% N 62% F 62% P 67%
    [From http://www.humanmetrics.com]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you want to see the Indian sun?
    It's shining into my green eyes,
    Dappling my fur a patchy brown,
    Brightening up my spotty white.

Purr...

MBTI
    INFJ

That is a brilliant Idea on your part.. Maybe we should make a designated category on the boards called "MatchMaking".. Muahahahahah oh the possibilities are thick...
    "People often Find out the truth, when its too late!!!"

Introverted (I) 78.79% Intuitive (N) 61.54% Feeling (F) 65.85% Judging (J) 60.53%

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ofugur View Post
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]Just out of curiosity, I would like to ask what INF- types feel they bring to their romantic relationships. In other words, what qualities (general INF qualities, but individual characteristics are welcome too) do you suspect initially attracted a partner, as well as why he or she would actively seek (or have sought) to continue that relationship.
    You know, this is probably going to sound lame or something, but several years ago I probably could have mentioned a handful of characteristics that I felt were desirable and attractive to partners, but I find myself not really able to answer tonight, as I haven't ever been in a successful longterm relationship, and given that fact, I'm not sure my past experiences are good ones to use as a means to figure out what attracted the other to me. So I honestly don't know.

I can tell you what I like about myself, and what positive traits I think I have and would bring to the table, but I don't know that that would say a whole lot, as it would perhaps be more individual characteristics, rather than strictly a type thing.

I'm just hopeful some day I do meet someone who is drawn to me, and vice versa.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I bring the bean dip, but only if my partner brings the chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    You know, I think you're on to something sir. /seconded

:tips hat:

:cough: For a change. :devilish cackle:
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke