User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 66

  1. #21
    Senior Member Silent Stars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    410

    Default

    It doesn't annoy me at all, and I have no trouble answering back when they ask me how I'm doing or whatever. Then again, it's pretty much impossible to ever do anything that annoys me.
    Enneagram 9w1 sp/so
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

  2. #22
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    Really? That's amazing. I wish I had your temperament.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Silent Stars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    410

    Default

    I like that because even if I don't say a whole lot to them (which varies, sometimes if I know the person a bit I'll ask things about them, even sometimes more than they do to me! lol), if I make a noticeable effort, it makes them feel more comfortable and not like I want to ignore them like so many other people do, you know, and that's all I'm really concerned about.
    Enneagram 9w1 sp/so
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

  4. #24
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    I want to be ignored...

    (I mean, not right this second, but when I'm out IRL.)

  5. #25
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I want to be ignored...

    (I mean, not right this second, but when I'm out IRL.)
    Did anyone hear a whispering, rustling sound?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  6. #26
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    If I'm really irritable then it might annoy me because I don't feel like talking to anyone when I'm irritable, but usually I don't get any chit-chat beyond the inquiry on whether I want their ccard or not....and actually most of them sound like robots when they ask that anyway (unless you're in a store like Victoria's Secret or Express, and then they're really perky and into it..) and you can tell they don't even want to ask the question. And so I give the canned response of No, and that's that.

    Actually if a cashier bothered to ask me how I was doing, I'd probably be surprised and refreshingly pleased, and I'd probably take it favorably. All depends on how they deliver it - some of them are actually genuinely happy, nice people, which doesn't bother me at all. It's the canned questions that I tend to not pay much notice to, though.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  7. #27
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    "Did anyone hear a whispering, rustling sound?"


    what?

  8. #28
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    what?
    There it is again. Fainter this time.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  9. #29
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    If I'm really irritable then it might annoy me because I don't feel like talking to anyone when I'm irritable, but usually I don't get any chit-chat beyond the inquiry on whether I want their ccard or not....and actually most of them sound like robots when they ask that anyway (unless you're in a store like Victoria's Secret or Express, and then they're really perky and into it..) and you can tell they don't even want to ask the question. And so I give the canned response of No, and that's that.

    Actually if a cashier bothered to ask me how I was doing, I'd probably be surprised and refreshingly pleased, and I'd probably take it favorably. All depends on how they deliver it - some of them are actually genuinely happy, nice people, which doesn't bother me at all. It's the canned questions that I tend to not pay much notice to, though.
    Just say you will get their card if the cute cashier gives you his/her phone number.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  10. #30
    Senior Member surgery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Stars View Post
    if I make a noticeable effort, it makes them feel more comfortable and not like I want to ignore them like so many other people do [. . .]
    That's refreshing to hear.

Similar Threads

  1. Memorable quotes from the Ventrilo chat
    By swordpath in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-24-2015, 10:04 PM
  2. Tyope chit chat
    By bluebell in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 09:30 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 07:05 PM
  4. Natalie from the Dixie Chicks
    By Usehername in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 07:18 AM
  5. From the slums of Shoalin, its the GZA!
    By GZA in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 10:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO