• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Idealist Thoughts on INTP Romance

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But what if she meant that she never answers the phone due to a crippling phobia and wishes to overcome her fears? We can't rain on that.

Ok, a little raining.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Degraded? That's the very definition of INTP romance!

Got a Twizzler stuck in my nasal cavity because of that one. Classic.

Although to be fair I get Twizzlers stuck in my nose more often than any other food, and I have no idea why.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Got a Twizzler stuck in my nasal cavity because of that one. Classic.

Although to be fair I get Twizzlers stuck in my nose more often than any other food, and I have no idea why.

There's something about a Twizzler that begs to be abused.

I once ate lunch with my ENTP and ENTJ friends. ENTP and I stuck french fries up our noses, laughed so hard they shot under the table. ENTJ friend was deciding whether or not it was worthwhile to kill us and leave us in the middle of the Burger King.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*obliviously misses the innuendo and sends runvardh a copy of Curve Analysis for Dummies*

:wubbie:

I come with keyboard! And JVM!
Plus I'm very low maintenance.

I want proof...

Degraded? That's the very definition of INTP romance!

As long as I don't get bitched at about the pile of clothes on the floor...

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
There's something about a Twizzler that begs to be abused.

I once ate lunch with my ENTP and ENTJ friends. ENTP and I stuck french fries up our noses, laughed so hard they shot under the table. ENTJ friend was deciding whether or not it was worthwhile to kill us and leave us in the middle of the Burger King.

I think you misunderstand. I was eating said Twizzler, laughed, and the half-masticated remains of the Twizzler found their way into my nasal cavity, which requires snorting them out.

This hasn't happened to anyone else before?:sadbanana:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was eating said Twizzler, laughed, and the half-masticated remains of the Twizzler found their way into my nasal cavity, which requires snorting them out.

This hasn't happened to anyone else before?:sadbanana:

Sure. Classic INTP party trick. It's what we do if the old, stare-at-folk-like-they-are-morons routine isn't working so well.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good heavens, Jock. You have quite a ...talent... there! I knew a girl who'd shoot milk out of her eye, if that's any comfort.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Sure. Classic INTP party trick. It's what we do if the old, stare-at-folk-like-they-are-morons routine isn't working so well.

Indeed. The hardest part is shooting the Twizzler out your nose while staring at them like they're morons.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Indeed. The hardest part is shooting the Twizzler out your nose while staring at them like they're morons.

And this is why we shall never divorce. :wubbie:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's a subtle one. INTPs may be one of the few, if not only, types able to suffer "death by hugging."

If the hugger is overzealous it may just be too much.

QFT. Overzealotry is to be avoided at all costs.

If you have an overzealous partner, I can't recommend one of these highly enough:

1983_5236_E06868_2.jpg

g_vartan

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Thinking about it. What type of woman would approach a guy standing on his own, not talking to anyone, not smiling, not dancing(until he's very drunk)? ENFP, ENFJ? I don't know a whole lot about ESFJ or ESFP.

I would think an NF (definitely an ENFJ) would. "ENFJs are people-focused individuals. They live in the world of people possibilities. More so than any other type, they have excellent people skills. They understand and care about people, and have a special talent for bringing out the best in others. ENFJ's main interest in life is giving love, support, and a good time to other people. They are focused on understanding, supporting, and encouraging others. They make things happen for people, and get their best personal satisfaction from this."

Personally, I like making people comfortable and feel special. Even in parties where I am not the host, I am always walking around to make sure folks are comfortable / at ease, especially on the look out for folks by themselves - which observant folks such as INTPs take notice and appreciate.

Personally, I'll take as much as you got. Other than enfp, if you were any other type of NF or a male NF I'd be plotting to tape your mouth shut.

If that's not romantic, I don't know what is. Kidding!.:D

:static: *INTP romance* lol.

*swoops in with cape* Did I hear someone had a logic problem?
Yeah, that's the adorableness I was talking about earlier. I do not lie. :newwink:

Truly "adorkable" :blushing:

I iz? :blush:

Dear Minx,
What brain madness is this? Such discontent. Such longing! Such hunger as only the winter knows for the spring! I'm haunted by your gorgeous mouth. The curve of your neck, your silken hair... My lips brush your blushes, my hands caress your ....

Ahem.

Whoa. :wubbie: Professionalz. This is how it's done kids. Watch and learn.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Personally, I like making people comfortable and feel special. Even in parties where I am not the host, I am always walking around to make sure folks are comfortable / at ease, especially on the look out for folks by themselves - which observant folks such as INTPs take notice and appreciate.

This I know. What's hard is figuring out when ENFJs are being friendly and when they are flirting. Is flirting your way of being friendly? How can someone tell the difference between friendly flirting and "I like you flirting" without calculating the rate of change of your pupil dillation?

:static: *INTP romance* lol.

This was my wacky sense of humor more than anything. NF from certain individuals can irritate me, but I have quite well developed feeling myself. I don't often admit it but I tested INFP as a teenager.

I really only get irritated when an NF tries to talk about something they know nothing about as though they know what they are talking about. There's a guy at work who makes up completely random stuff when talking about computers to other people. But he presents it in such a way that people listening actually accept what he's telling them. That is pure torcher to listen to.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
This I know. What's hard is figuring out when ENFJs are being friendly and when they are flirting. Is flirting your way of being friendly? How can someone tell the difference between friendly flirting and "I like you flirting" without calculating the rate of change of your pupil dillation?

There's a thread for you.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
That thread did nothing more than reinforce my stereotypes about how ludicrous the human mating process can be. "You can never really tell until you throw your cards on the table" doesn't help.

Ummm...

So?

You'd think it would be answered in this thread better?
You'll never get any relationships if you never throw the cards on the table.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
regarding that thread...i think...as an intp who's supposedly very observant/perceptive that you should notice if the person acts differently with you...an outgoing person turning a bit more shy and/or giggly or a shy person making a bit more of an effort and giving you more attention then anyone else....and it's in the look...it's a look they would not give a sibling. you can tell the difference if you pay attention...i really believe you can.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
regarding that thread...i think...as an intp who's supposedly very observant/perceptive that you should notice if the person acts differently with you...an outgoing person turning a bit more shy and/or giggly or a shy person making a bit more of an effort and giving you more attention then anyone else....

Reading the thread now. It's pretty good.

I know the physical signs. Teeth smile is a friendly smile. Orientation of feet, pupil dilation, openness of hands, body orientation and crossed legs (or wide apart if you're really lucky), flush face, playing with hair. There is no way I will do that kind of analysis in a situation faced with a girl I like. If I say anything at all I will probably gush a little bit. I think I was hoping for a trick or a spell or something.

and it's in the look...it's a look they would not give a sibling. you can tell the difference if you pay attention...i really believe you can.

I know that look. But I would question it. Did she really give me that look? That's the kind of thing I would try to analyze or over analyze.