User Tag List

First 283637383940 Last

Results 371 to 380 of 396

  1. #371
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    As Vic likes to say: we perceive by making distinctions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  2. #372
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    As Vic likes to say: we perceive by making distinctions.
    lets assume that im a retard intp with crappy Ti, but even crappier other functions -> i cant understand these simple things that usually come naturally for an intp. id like to hear some explanation about where he is the contradict in what he says. i bet its just something that you understand in a wrong way, therefore see a contradict that isnt there.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  3. #373
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    lets assume that im a retard intp with crappy Ti, but even crappier other functions -> i cant understand these simple things that usually come naturally for an intp. id like to hear some explanation about where he is the contradict in what he says. i bet its just something that you understand in a wrong way, therefore see a contradict that isnt there.
    "If everyone is special, then no one is."

    If analogous, then you have assume something cannot be romantic if it is commonplace.

  4. #374
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    "If everyone is special, then no one is."

    If analogous, then you have assume something cannot be romantic if it is commonplace.

    if every house is red, then no house is red?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  5. #375
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post

    if every house is red, then no house is red?
    Wrong analogy. I didn't say I agreed with it, but "romance" has to have a contrast to exist at all... if I understand it correctly. Sort of like if you make everyone rich, is anyone really rich if there are no poor people for contrast?

  6. #376
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    lets assume that im a retard intp with crappy Ti, but even crappier other functions -> i cant understand these simple things that usually come naturally for an intp.
    OK. I think I can manage to assume that.
    id like to hear some explanation about where he is the contradict in what he says. i bet its just something that you understand in a wrong way, therefore see a contradict that isnt there.
    I see contradictions everywhere.
    Valentine's Day is not a romantic occasion because everyday should be romantic.
    It's rather impressive that he managed to cram so many logical fallacies into such a simple sentence... Or it would be, were he not deadly serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  7. #377
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post

    if every house is red, then no house is red?
    I suspect the color of a house is not enough of a broadly encompassing abstraction to be comparable, and red is not a relative enough concept.

    Surely you've heard statements such as "if everything were good, nothing would be good" which is basically equivalent to saying "if there were no evil, there'd be no good".

    What would you say if I said that if there were no unromantic days there could be no romantic days?
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  8. #378
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Wrong analogy. I didn't say I agreed with it, but "romance" has to have a contrast to exist at all... if I understand it correctly. Sort of like if you make everyone rich, is anyone really rich if there are no poor people for contrast?
    no its not. the word romantic is used to describe what something is like, so it can have its contrast from other things like other peoples lives, that can be for example annoying. just like how i used the word red, it gets its contrast form other colors, so it doesent have to get its contrast from colors of different houses. just like romantic day doesent have to get its contrast from the days of the couple, it can get its contrast from other things that describe how the day is.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  9. #379
    He who laughs
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychedelicPlatypus View Post
    I've been with my INTP for two years now, and the things I love most about him are:

    - a general sense of ambiance, or innocence
    - very laid-back, until someone says something stupid...
    - pure, uncomplicated, childlike emotions...tickles my Fe and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy
    - deep insights and interests
    - will randomly dish out very intellectual lectures on how things work or why something is the way it is (which is a major turn on bc I love learning things)
    - when asked a question, no matter what it is, thinks deeply about the topic and gives very specific answers (what he thinks, why he thinks it, etc.)
    ^ actually what attracted me the most in the beginning
    - abstract
    - thinks all my quirks and the lame things I'm into are adorable, or at least endearing...he loves that I'm a dork and that makes me the happiest of all
    - actually the only INTP I know who's not into WoW or overly obsessed with video games

    He does tend to leave a trail of mess behind him wherever he goes, but as long as I gently make him aware of it he's usually more than happy to clean up. Provided his attention span lasts long enough for him to finish the task. I've found taking him by the hand and going "Let's go clean up the _____ together!! Whoo!!" is a good method to get house-holdy things done. Having lots of sex also tends to make him more proactive.

    One of the worst things though is that sometimes he gets in very melancholy moods, and try as I might, I can't get him out of them. This tends to wear out my Fe very fast, and I feel generally upset that there's nothing I can do to get him out of his "funks". I am learning that the only prescription for this is adequate man-cave time, however, and am working on encouraging alone time...even though I'd rather be snuggling.


    WANT INFJ GADGET NOW!

  10. #380
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    if every house is red, then no house is red?
    More like: if everything is red, red has no meaning. Part of the meaning implicit in red is what it is not: not blue or yellow or brown or grey. In a sense what is red is where red is not - but that's a digression too far.

    If you gave me red roses every day, I'd start to long for pink carnations (even though I love red roses and depise the colour pink). Such is human nature. There are planets where diamonds are more common than sand (carbon is more common than silicon). On such a planet people would covet sandstone rings. A big part of the allure of romance is novelty, scarcity, mystery - this is how we measure "value", fickle beings that we are. If all men were romance gods, all the time, most women would swoon over clueless, hapless, pedestrian dolts (instead of it just being the NFJs who find them so irresistible).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Thoughts on my type (INTP)?
    By greenfairy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 12:10 PM
  2. [MBTItm] INFP/INFJ thoughts on INTP's
    By INTPness in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 04:15 PM
  3. [INTP] Rant on INTPs
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 11:12 AM
  4. Has anyone heard of Global Dimming and if so what are your thoughts on it??
    By ladypinkington in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 06:13 AM
  5. My thoughts on the I phone
    By Opivy1980 in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 06:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO