User Tag List

First 202829303132 Last

Results 291 to 300 of 396

  1. #291
    sophiloist Kaizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    I really only get irritated when an NF tries to talk about something they know nothing about as though they know what they are talking about. There's a guy at work who makes up completely random stuff when talking about computers to other people. But he presents it in such a way that people listening actually accept what he's telling them. That is pure torcher to listen to.
    Takes a lil time to pinpoint what NFs assert, but if it is explained well enough then they do actually consider it and even change their view. Conversely, especially with ENFJs, they can spot phonies very quickly and also better manipulate ppl... & in a good way most of the time.

  2. #292
    sophiloist Kaizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by g_vartan View Post
    *Warning: This might involve hugging, kissing, etc. which might lead to spontaneous INTP combustion
    sublimation preferred tyvm

  3. #293
    Senior Member LostInNerSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer View Post
    Takes a lil time to pinpoint what NFs assert, but if it is explained well enough then they do actually consider it and even change their view. Conversely, especially with ENFJs, they can spot phonies very quickly and also better manipulate ppl... & in a good way most of the time.
    I think this is something else you are talking about. What I mean is random crap coming from an NF. Example, "I think the problem is caused by the Sharepoint protocol installing itself onto the server without permission. Randomly clicking your mouse on the screen a few times should solve the problem." The randomly clicking your mouse bit was a slight exaggeration, the the other part was not. Whenever I have tried to make this guy understand that he is talking a bunch of crap, he will google one or two of the words and justify his assessment with whatever shows up in the results.

  4. #294
    Senior Member Priori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    That is a stumbling point for me as well, Wielding. I don't know if it's more common in INTPs than other types. But anyone who says something of the nature "That's just that way I am so adjust to me." doesn't seem willing to have an equal relationship with me and I find it difficult to invest interest in them.
    Try living in a world were everyone thinks totally different than you do and they hate you when they find out. Being told how wrong you are for just being you gets real old.

  5. #295
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    hi! and welcome!
    and...i know...i think people should just be accepted too....asking someone to change big parts of themselves just doesn't feel like love to me....but doing sweet lil things the other person likes that wouldn't necessarily come naturally to you is a nice way to show love ...as long as it doesn't go against who you really are, ya know?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  6. #296
    Member Lozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WieldingTheSword
    The other INTP has a weird fixation with things like zombies and pirates, for example.
    For what it's worth, I also have these two particular fixations. I've turned up to lectures dressed as a pirate in the past, and I have a real penchant for zombie horror flicks. Maybe the unique love of swashbuckling and brain-eating is a cross-type phenomena?
    We don't need reason and we don't need logic, 'cause we've got feeling and we're damn proud of it!

    Speeding Motorcycle - Daniel Johnston

  7. #297
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    I think this is something else you are talking about. What I mean is random crap coming from an NF. Example, "I think the problem is caused by the Sharepoint protocol installing itself onto the server without permission. Randomly clicking your mouse on the screen a few times should solve the problem." The randomly clicking your mouse bit was a slight exaggeration, the the other part was not. Whenever I have tried to make this guy understand that he is talking a bunch of crap, he will google one or two of the words and justify his assessment with whatever shows up in the results.
    I thought you INTPs were proficient bullshitters yourself.

  8. #298
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Priori View Post
    Try living in a world were everyone thinks totally different than you do and they hate you when they find out. Being told how wrong you are for just being you gets real old.
    Quite the dramatic opener!
    Who tells you this? And why do you care?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  9. #299
    Senior Member Priori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    100

    Default

    That did come out a little angsty didn't it. A wicked ENFJ has been playing havoc on my poor little innocent Fe lately...

    I'm sure you are as familiar with the frustrations of living in a E,S, and J domintated world as I am Blue; I learned to accept and adapt to it years ago.

    The point I was trying to make, minus the angst, was that INTPs think, feel and perceive things 'backwards' when compared to the majority. Relationships require a herculean effort from us in order to pull off and other types might not likely to be aware of just how hard we are trying.

  10. #300
    Senior Member LostInNerSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Priori View Post
    That did come out a little angsty didn't it. A wicked ENFJ has been playing havoc on my poor little innocent Fe lately...

    I'm sure you are as familiar with the frustrations of living in a E,S, and J domintated world as I am Blue; I learned to accept and adapt to it years ago.

    The point I was trying to make, minus the angst, was that INTPs think, feel and perceive things 'backwards' when compared to the majority. Relationships require a herculean effort from us in order to pull off and other types might not likely to be aware of just how hard we are trying.
    The key is to stop thinking of yourself as a victim of the big bad world. I used to see myself going in the wrong direction. I was trying to go in the same direction as everyone else. I wanted to be normal. Now I see most other people going in the wrong direction. If that makes me arrogant in the eyes of some, so be it. I won't lose any sleep.

    There will always be critics no matter what you do. Critics are good for you. They keep you on your toes. See it as an opportunity rather than feeling victimized by it.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Thoughts on my type (INTP)?
    By greenfairy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 12:10 PM
  2. [MBTItm] INFP/INFJ thoughts on INTP's
    By INTPness in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 04:15 PM
  3. [INTP] Rant on INTPs
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 11:12 AM
  4. Has anyone heard of Global Dimming and if so what are your thoughts on it??
    By ladypinkington in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 06:13 AM
  5. My thoughts on the I phone
    By Opivy1980 in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 06:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO