User Tag List

First 18262728293038 Last

Results 271 to 280 of 396

  1. #271
    perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by g_vartan View Post
    Oh intps and their lame attempts to make us giggle....you don't know if you want to kill 'em :steam: or hug 'em
    There's a difference?
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

  2. #272
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    There's a difference?
    It's a subtle one. INTPs may be one of the few, if not only, types able to suffer "death by hugging."

    If the hugger is overzealous it may just be too much.



  3. #273
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    It's a subtle one. INTPs may be one of the few, if not only, types able to suffer "death by hugging."

    If the hugger is overzealous it may just be too much.
    QFT. Overzealotry is to be avoided at all costs.

    If you have an overzealous partner, I can't recommend one of these highly enough:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  4. #274
    Member g_vartan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    Thinking about it. What type of woman would approach a guy standing on his own, not talking to anyone, not smiling, not dancing(until he's very drunk)? ENFP, ENFJ? I don't know a whole lot about ESFJ or ESFP.
    I would think an NF (definitely an ENFJ) would. "ENFJs are people-focused individuals. They live in the world of people possibilities. More so than any other type, they have excellent people skills. They understand and care about people, and have a special talent for bringing out the best in others. ENFJ's main interest in life is giving love, support, and a good time to other people. They are focused on understanding, supporting, and encouraging others. They make things happen for people, and get their best personal satisfaction from this."

    Personally, I like making people comfortable and feel special. Even in parties where I am not the host, I am always walking around to make sure folks are comfortable / at ease, especially on the look out for folks by themselves - which observant folks such as INTPs take notice and appreciate.

    Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    Personally, I'll take as much as you got. Other than enfp, if you were any other type of NF or a male NF I'd be plotting to tape your mouth shut.

    If that's not romantic, I don't know what is. Kidding!.
    *INTP romance* lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    *swoops in with cape* Did I hear someone had a logic problem?
    ...
    Yeah, that's the adorableness I was talking about earlier. I do not lie.
    Truly "adorkable" :blushing:

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    I iz?

    Dear Minx,
    What brain madness is this? Such discontent. Such longing! Such hunger as only the winter knows for the spring! I'm haunted by your gorgeous mouth. The curve of your neck, your silken hair... My lips brush your blushes, my hands caress your ....


    Ahem.

    Whoa. Professionalz. This is how it's done kids. Watch and learn.

  5. #275
    Senior Member LostInNerSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by g_vartan View Post
    Personally, I like making people comfortable and feel special. Even in parties where I am not the host, I am always walking around to make sure folks are comfortable / at ease, especially on the look out for folks by themselves - which observant folks such as INTPs take notice and appreciate.
    This I know. What's hard is figuring out when ENFJs are being friendly and when they are flirting. Is flirting your way of being friendly? How can someone tell the difference between friendly flirting and "I like you flirting" without calculating the rate of change of your pupil dillation?

    Quote Originally Posted by g_vartan View Post
    *INTP romance* lol.
    This was my wacky sense of humor more than anything. NF from certain individuals can irritate me, but I have quite well developed feeling myself. I don't often admit it but I tested INFP as a teenager.

    I really only get irritated when an NF tries to talk about something they know nothing about as though they know what they are talking about. There's a guy at work who makes up completely random stuff when talking about computers to other people. But he presents it in such a way that people listening actually accept what he's telling them. That is pure torcher to listen to.

  6. #276
    WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    This I know. What's hard is figuring out when ENFJs are being friendly and when they are flirting. Is flirting your way of being friendly? How can someone tell the difference between friendly flirting and "I like you flirting" without calculating the rate of change of your pupil dillation?
    There's a thread for you.

  7. #277
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    There's a thread for you.
    That thread did nothing more than reinforce my stereotypes about how ludicrous the human mating process can be. "You can never really tell until you throw your cards on the table" doesn't help.

  8. #278
    WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    That thread did nothing more than reinforce my stereotypes about how ludicrous the human mating process can be. "You can never really tell until you throw your cards on the table" doesn't help.
    Ummm...

    So?

    You'd think it would be answered in this thread better?
    You'll never get any relationships if you never throw the cards on the table.

  9. #279
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    regarding that thread...i think...as an intp who's supposedly very observant/perceptive that you should notice if the person acts differently with you...an outgoing person turning a bit more shy and/or giggly or a shy person making a bit more of an effort and giving you more attention then anyone else....and it's in the look...it's a look they would not give a sibling. you can tell the difference if you pay attention...i really believe you can.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  10. #280
    Senior Member LostInNerSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    regarding that thread...i think...as an intp who's supposedly very observant/perceptive that you should notice if the person acts differently with you...an outgoing person turning a bit more shy and/or giggly or a shy person making a bit more of an effort and giving you more attention then anyone else....
    Reading the thread now. It's pretty good.

    I know the physical signs. Teeth smile is a friendly smile. Orientation of feet, pupil dilation, openness of hands, body orientation and crossed legs (or wide apart if you're really lucky), flush face, playing with hair. There is no way I will do that kind of analysis in a situation faced with a girl I like. If I say anything at all I will probably gush a little bit. I think I was hoping for a trick or a spell or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    and it's in the look...it's a look they would not give a sibling. you can tell the difference if you pay attention...i really believe you can.
    I know that look. But I would question it. Did she really give me that look? That's the kind of thing I would try to analyze or over analyze.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Thoughts on my type (INTP)?
    By greenfairy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 12:10 PM
  2. [MBTItm] INFP/INFJ thoughts on INTP's
    By INTPness in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 04:15 PM
  3. [INTP] Rant on INTPs
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 11:12 AM
  4. Has anyone heard of Global Dimming and if so what are your thoughts on it??
    By ladypinkington in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 06:13 AM
  5. My thoughts on the I phone
    By Opivy1980 in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 06:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO