• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Idealist Thoughts on INTP Romance

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
More like: if everything is red, red has no meaning. Part of the meaning implicit in red is what it is not: not blue or yellow or brown or grey. In a sense what is red is where red is not - but that's a digression too far.

If you gave me red roses every day, I'd start to long for pink carnations (even though I love red roses and depise the colour pink). Such is human nature. There are planets where diamonds are more common than sand (carbon is more common than silicon). On such a planet people would covet sandstone rings. A big part of the allure of romance is novelty, scarcity, mystery - this is how we measure "value", fickle beings that we are. If all men were romance gods, all the time, most women would swoon over clueless, hapless, pedestrian dolts (instead of it just being the NFJs who find them so irresistible).

are you trying to break my head by acting stupid or prove a point to NFs that intp would argue with illogical people forever or start to call them stupid by acting stupid yourself?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
are you trying to break my head by acting stupid or prove a point to NFs that intp would argue with illogical people forever or start to call them stupid by acting stupid yourself?

You can't break what's already broken. It's another of those thingamajiggywhatsits.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
You can't break what's already broken. It's another of those thingamajiggywhatsits.

lets not start insulting each other here, i only asked a question about your motives and you start insulting me :cry:

anyways, you dont seem to understand what he meant, what i said, and i cant explain the correct terms and definitions needed to explain this to an Te(or SeTi) user in english, so i dont see any point of continuing this.

would be nice to get the user name from a certain female on this forum, so that i wouldnt need to explain these things, because the user name would just tell how it is and you cant deny user names

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
or prove a point to NFs that intp would argue with illogical people forever or start to call them stupid by acting stupid yourself?

Amused! :yes:

ABCDEmpire

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I like INTP's.

I really like hearing all of their theories, and something about the nearly arrogant confidence interests me. Though, I have to say, it's only okay if I can't argue with their overconfidence. I mean, a lot of them are quite brilliant in my limited experience.

I'm not particularly gooey, touchy feely for an INFP (Thought I was an INTP at first), so I like that they aren't the type to overdo things romantically. It seems much much more genuine that way. But the ones I know are still very charming when they want to be.

I want one.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lets not start insulting each other here, i only asked a question about your motives and you start insulting me :cry:

anyways, you dont seem to understand what he meant, what i said, and i cant explain the correct terms and definitions needed to explain this to an Te(or SeTi) user in english, so i dont see any point of continuing this.

would be nice to get the user name from a certain female on this forum, so that i wouldnt need to explain these things, because the user name would just tell how it is and you cant deny user names

I’m afraid I understand Gibberish even less well than you do English. This would appear to be an insurmountable communication problem. Still. No need to get all emotional about it.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I’m afraid I understand Gibberish even less well than you do English. This would appear to be an insurmountable communication problem. Still. No need to get all emotional about it.

you clearly need a better screen reader program to your system, some that interprets the meaning of what is said, instead of just reading the it literally. or have those programs developed that much yet?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
That's actually the best way to get an INTP male, so you're on the right track as they typically don't resist aggressive women :ninja:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wrong analogy. I didn't say I agreed with it, but "romance" has to have a contrast to exist at all... if I understand it correctly. Sort of like if you make everyone rich, is anyone really rich if there are no poor people for contrast?
With external categorical thinking, then contrast is needed in order to define a particular state of superiority or inferiority. It's not the only way to process information, but ironically enough, it is most commonplace. I think when everyone is rich, then more detailed differentiations are made to create inferior and superior. The untouchables are the ones can't join the country club or whatever.

I've been trying to get my head around some of the Buddhist philosophy of which one primary tenant is the idea that a given manifestation: "it is not the same, neither is it different". The idea is that we construct mental formations that define these things which are not true reflections of reality.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you clearly need a better screen reader program to your system, some that interprets the meaning of what is said, instead of just reading the it literally.
You're THIS invested in that trite nonsense?

:laugh:

I'll have to assume it reads better in Finnish.