User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

so funny pink!! but i love all the lil funny intp people on here!! and they totally don't seem like robots...yet....do you have to date one to see that? or what?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    You're right -- Maybe the dynamic was different. Hadn't thought of that, because we're both blunt people generally.
    I know the INTP-INTP attraction is a very common and valid one, so I was just curious as to the dynamic energies involved. I could imagine two INTPs speaking to each other in identical manners (though the male/female energies certainly change things as well). Why didn't it work out (if you don't mind me asking)?

Interestingly the ex with the least initiative was an NF.
    Oh man, try lighting a fire under an INFJ that's determined not to move. It's possibly the most aggravating thing you can imagine.

He was the least passive aggressive person on the planet. Was I? In comparison to him, maybe. But anyone would be. I loved it. others? not so much.
    Sorry to make you extrapolate further, but could you tell me what the bolded part means? I just want to be clear.

edit: I'm not so sure I just got a good one - from what I've observed getting a relationship started is the problem. We can be quite intense romantics once we're over that hump. Provided we're not of the complete retard school of INTP.
    I met one INTP who was adorable, and we were frighteningly attracted to each other. Problem - he was already married. See?! *shakes head* Ah well.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTP

I seriously don't know any INTPs (or at least if I do, it's on a purely acquaintance/associate basis), let alone have dated one (I interpreted the question as one about romantic attraction). So yeah, I can only give you the "self-" likes and dislikes/what makes me attractive (or not).

Likes about my own INTPness:
    Smart
    Confident
    Secure
    Values autonomy/independence
    Loyal
    *Witty
    Hot as HELL
    Modest
    Skilled/Talented in multiple areas/fields

*some say.

Dislikes:
    Values autonomy/independence
    Can be emotionally inaccessible
    Critical
    Likes things done "a certain way"
    Harsh on those who show their ignorance
    Has a hard time finishing one task (jumps about)

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I find MBeerti's modesty quite hot. How hot? Hot as hell.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I know the INTP-INTP attraction is a very common and valid one, so I was just curious as to the dynamic energies involved. I could imagine two INTPs speaking to each other in identical manners (though the male/female energies certainly change things as well). Why didn't it work out (if you don't mind me asking)?
    A whole lot of distance and I was too young to base life-altering decisions (career/school) on a relationship and didn't want anyone to (though his hands were pretty much tied).

Oh man, try lighting a fire under an INFJ that's determined not to move. It's possibly the most aggravating thing you can imagine.
    How did you guess?! Yes, it was INFJ, and yes it was aggravating. But when they light it up themselves (when you've given up, exasperated) - watch out!

Sorry to make you extrapolate further, but could you tell me what the bolded part means? I just want to be clear.
    Anyone would be passive aggressive in comparison to him. While I appreciated his directness, others did not. Many *hated* it.

I met one INTP who was adorable, and we were frighteningly attracted to each other. Problem - he was already married. See?! *shakes head* Ah well.
    Yes, INTPs can be quite charming when there is no pressure to impress anyone. Some can be excellent flirts ... unless they have a crush on you. Efficient, you see.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    so funny pink!! but i love all the lil funny intp people on here!! and they totally don't seem like robots...yet....do you have to date one to see that? or what?
    The ones here tend to be of the Wall-E and Johnny 5 variety than the Terminator types

But kidding aside, the Internet is the perfect medium for INTPs to communicate as it renders things explicit - a communication form that removes a lot of the non-verbal "nuinances" that some INTPs struggle with. My INTP said/wrote (almost) all the right things via IM/email/etc...F2F, not so much

I kinda miss the panic stricken reaction I used to get from my INTP ex when he knew the situation required a form of emotional/social reciprocity...he really tries but usually gets overwhelmed and freezes up. I guess another lesson I learned from that relationship is that you really need to be a patient, strong, and mature person to hold such a relationship together (i.e., guide a rather inexperienced partner through an adult romantic relationship). It requires a lot of give and take. I think sometimes people expect relationships to come in pretty boxes, all ready to go...but love is complicated and its full of sacrifice and compromise. But maybe thats the best part.

Anyways, I've got work to do on myself and so does he -- but we both remain hopeful that we'll come across each other further down the road.

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Yeah, where are the robotic INTPs? I don't encounter any in real life! I think they're great, some of my best conversations have been with INTPs.

MBTI
    ENFJ

And P.S., another appealing quality to an NF-INTP romance:

I love seeing the world through their eyes. It's more vivid and rich with them, than without them - their overanalysis does serve a positive purpose. It's like discovering a whole new world that you never knew existed - the colors are richer, fragrances more intense, and experiences more profound. It's quite intoxicating...sensory overload! And together (in my experience, an ENFJ and INTP), you are "more" - you feel more, you think more.

/ok, I'll quit Fe-ing all over the place. done.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

It's really an interesting experience to be told by one type how deficient you are at the things they need yet also told by the same type that the combination creates "more". I take a more love 'em OR leave 'em view on things.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Overanalysis? Get outta here, I analyze just the proper amount.

(I've known plenty of people including INTPs who I'd say do overanalyze, it's such a waste.)