User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Well. It started out with an INTP phishing for compliments from NFs in the NF Idyllic. Then some attention-whoring INTPs came along and hijacked it.

Of course we are destined to be together - who else is goodnatured enough to up with us put?
    awww...ya think? you don't think our f makes us too nutty!!?? yay!!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eternitybc View Post
    Agree with above 100% I suspect my partner of 8 years of being INTP (possibly INTJ, but not very likely).

THe unappealing part of being in a relationship with an INTP is yes, they are aloof. Read- not very cuddly. "I've been hugging you all day!!!!" means "You tried to hug me twice, and I briefly tolerated it before pushing you away!" LOL!

he DOES think I'm a touchy feely goof. And PMS? Wow. He thinks I should be locked up (and I don't even get THAT crazy, just a little insecure!!). but I have to admit, ALL of your pluses are spot on. And maybe it's just my partner, but I find him very honest as well. To the point where I don't want him to be, if that makes sense. No sugar coating.
    I'm actually extremely touchy feely with my SO. It stems from my inability to express my feelings in any other way. But I'm with him on PMS. I don't know why women even trust their judgement during those times, they admit themselves "It's just hormones!"

Quote Originally Posted by eternitybc View Post
    THe unappealing part of being in a relationship with an INTP is yes, they are aloof. Read- not very cuddly. "I've been hugging you all day!!!!" means "You tried to hug me twice, and I briefly tolerated it before pushing you away!" LOL!

he DOES think I'm a touchy feely goof.

I like hugs. *shrug*

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Of course we are destined to be together - who else is goodnatured enough to up with us put?
    Yoda? (sorry, had to say it )

I think that the whole communication thing is what it really comes down to. Of course, if it were *really* that simple, it wouldn't be an issue at all. What is considerate and straightforward to one person can be either rude and obnoxious or vague, annoying and indecisive to someone else (among other reactions). As long as both people are willing to *work* at communicating with each other and do a bit of give and take, I think things can work out... it's the "you should do things like I want, because I'm right and you're wrong" attitude that shows that things are going in the wrong direction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I'm actually extremely touchy feely with my SO. It stems from my inability to express my feelings in any other way.
    +1
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post

Most importantly of all, in order for one who have personal integrity one must know who one is. To have integrity means to have principles one stands by. In order for one to have such principles one needs to have a clear-cut sense of self. Obviously its not possible for a person to know what their principles are and to properly stand by them if the person does not even know who they are.

In order for one to know who one is, one needs to analyze oneself with intellectual honesty. This requires the use of Thinking for the reasons mentioned above. Generally, NFs tend not to do this, they merely believe whatever they want to believe about themselves.

For that reason Fs tend to accomodate without question and prostitute themselves as a result.

Surely if we are to 'know who we are' then we need to be in touch with and understand in depth our emotional self as well as our intellectual self. In denying or suppressing our emotions we are acting in a 'dishonest' way.

In addition I dont know an intuitive introvert who does not analyze who they are - I am constantly amazed by your belief that 'feeling' somehow cancels out the ability to think clearly - or that people with feeling tendencies cannot rise above base passions - its amazing in that case that any of us can work!

I do not accomodate without question - that would make me spineless - but I do take into account the feelings of other people in the way that I communicate - it is possible to communicate clearly without being insulting, hurtful, insensitive, opinionated or blunt - and this has nothing to do with prostituting oneself.
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

When I hear "Say what you want from me" from an INTP, I see two possible outcomes, both of which I've been met with.

1. I say it directly and he says "Okay".

2. I say it directly in the same manner as before and he throws a massive fit about being bossed around.

I've heard this "be direct" ploy before. It's meant only part of the time. Brevity, I get. But if he was in a mood, I'm bossing him around. He once told me to "say please" and I almost knocked him down for it.

I'm not babysitting your feelings (because that's what this is - Fe outbursts from the great beyond).

I'm not going to "interpret" those moments where YOU need to step up and read between a few easy lines yourself. If I wanted a robot, I would have stayed in automation. I like that about ENTPs. They take initiative. And frankly, it's a huge turn off to constantly be telling the "other half" what you want all the time.

Example: "Hey. INTP That I'm Dating. I want you to grab me by the waist and talk dirty to me. I want you to include words like 'minx', 'gorgeous', 'brain madness' and 'the winter of our discontent'. I want you to kiss me on the lips first, then my neck. After that, play with my hair and I'll pretend that it was your idea to try to get my shirt off."

Whatever.

Having said that, I'm still in love with my INTP girls, including Jack Flak.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

If you don't want robots, don't pick the retards. INTP ex didn't have problems with initiative at all. What he did have problems with was concealing dislike for passive aggression.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    If you don't want robots, don't pick the retards.
    *lol* I'll make a note of that.

INTP ex didn't have problems with initiative at all.
    Did it perhaps stem from it being an INTP-INTP relationship? The dynamic is no doubt completely different from mine. Or maybe you just got a good one.

What he did have problems with was concealing dislike for passive aggression.
    Meaning HE was passive aggressive? Or you were?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

You're right -- Maybe the dynamic was different. Hadn't thought of that, because we're both blunt people generally.
    Interestingly the ex with the least initiative was an NF.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post

Meaning HE was passive aggressive? Or you were?
    He was the least passive aggressive person on the planet. Was I? In comparison to him, maybe. But anyone would be. I loved it. others? not so much.

edit: I'm not so sure I just got a good one - from what I've observed getting a relationship started is the problem. We can be quite silly/intense romantics once we're over that hump... Provided we're not of the complete retard school of INTP.