• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFJ's: Do NFP's Lighten You Up?

WieldingTheSword

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I recently had this revelation that I ADORE being around INFP's and ENFP's (and probably ESFP's as well, to some degree) because I have found they enable me to truly relax more than any other type. I feel able to be less concerned about deadlines and achieving and the like and just able to be spontaneous and enjoy what will happen. NFP's seem to be so free and spirited, and being around them makes me feel that way, too. They seem so much more carefree than us NFJ's. What do you guys think? Do you have any similar experiences here?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:blush: And we love you, as we know that you will get us back on track when things need doing. You'll get us focussed when it counts. :smooch:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I agree with what people have said.

But on the other hand, NFP's are also the only ones who tend to give me a hard time about, well, being how I am, and so I also get a fair amount of peer pressure which to be honest I don't entirely appreciate. I get their point, but at the same time, it seems sometimes that they can't accept that I'm just different from them, and don't always want to do free-spirited sorts of things.;)

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
I have a close ENFP friend and an ESFP friend. Yes, they can be fun to be around.

But when I have to listen over and over again how someone missed a deadline, forgot something important that needed to be done, or that she can't set limits with friends or family, that doesn't lighten me up at all.

Sometimes XFPs can be too disorganized for me. My ESFP friend who used to be so fun and spontaneous - let's bake cookies, let's go ice skating, let's all go out to dinner - is hard to have fun with now that she's jugglng three kids and a full-time job and lives 60 minutes instead of 10 minutes away. Getting together is a much bigger deal and always involves a snafu (on her part) and lots of waiting (on my part), no matter what.

But I miss those old times...

Nyota

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w5
I seem to have an instant connection with most NFP's I meet. It sometimes feels like they are my best friend, even after just a few minutes of conversation. Like you said, the P relaxes us enough to be able to connect with the NF. It's very nice.

penelope

MBTI Type
INxJ
I especially enjoy the company of ENFP. They always, always cheer me up. But me and INFPs are not as promising as far as lightening me up. It's always either sitting around and saying nothing (which isn't awkward... just silent) or wrecking havoc and being crazy.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
My one ENFP friend is an absolute joy and we get really stupid together, but the flightiness and unreliability keeps me from getting too close to her. All she ends up being is a fun time but sometimes that's exactly what you need.

INFPs are fun too, they disappear but at least you know where to find them.

I don't know if NFPs lighten my mood per se, I find other FJs do that as well and even TPs when they want to.

S

Sniffles

Yes, it's often a joy to have an NFP around despite whatever faults they have(disorganization etc.). I absolutely love ENFPs.

INFPs I must admit I've been more reserved around, due to some unpleasant dealings with them. However, that's has changed. They seem to be a more relaxed version of
their E cousins, which really has it's own charms.

So yes NFPs I just :wubbie: you people.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My one ENFP friend is an absolute joy and we get really stupid together, but the flightiness and unreliability keeps me from getting too close to her.
Yep. I've never been able to get close to any of the ones I've known because of that, even though I've tried.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There's no need to fear that though. Mature NFP's will be there when it matters, despite flightiness and 'unreliability' tendencies.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Definately! :hug: NFP's ... are just amazing :) I think if I think of a person who "tries to" cheer me up, it'd probably just feel annoying, but there's something about NFP's that is just so genuine and sweet when they do this. Maybe it's that they don't even realize what they're doing? :cheese: Maybe they just have this great talent, that just comes naturally .

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's no need to fear that though. Mature NFP's will be there when it matters, despite flightiness and 'unreliability' tendencies.

yeah...i'm pretty sure anyone that knows me knows i'd always be there if they needed me...even if it's been a long time since i've seen you.

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5
I recently had this revelation that I ADORE being around INFP's and ENFP's (and probably ESFP's as well, to some degree) because I have found they enable me to truly relax more than any other type.

Awesome. I love enfj's.

They seem so much more carefree than us NFJ's. What do you guys think? Do you have any similar experiences here?

Carefree wouldn't exactly be the word I'd use to describe myself, but I do do things just for the hell of it sometimes.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Looks like I'll return the compliments.. I love NFJs. Sometimes I wish I were one..whatever though. :17425:

V

violaine

I've noticed it's usually the NTPs who lighten me up. I drop my guard around them. The NFPs I know irl are cool, but they don't lighten me up.