User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default NFJ's: Do NFP's Lighten You Up?

I recently had this revelation that I ADORE being around INFP's and ENFP's (and probably ESFP's as well, to some degree) because I have found they enable me to truly relax more than any other type. I feel able to be less concerned about deadlines and achieving and the like and just able to be spontaneous and enjoy what will happen. NFP's seem to be so free and spirited, and being around them makes me feel that way, too. They seem so much more carefree than us NFJ's. What do you guys think? Do you have any similar experiences here?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Yeah. I love NFPs.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

And we love you, as we know that you will get us back on track when things need doing. You'll get us focussed when it counts.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Yes, I agree with what people have said.

But on the other hand, NFP's are also the only ones who tend to give me a hard time about, well, being how I am, and so I also get a fair amount of peer pressure which to be honest I don't entirely appreciate. I get their point, but at the same time, it seems sometimes that they can't accept that I'm just different from them, and don't always want to do free-spirited sorts of things.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ

I have a close ENFP friend and an ESFP friend. Yes, they can be fun to be around.

But when I have to listen over and over again how someone missed a deadline, forgot something important that needed to be done, or that she can't set limits with friends or family, that doesn't lighten me up at all.

Sometimes XFPs can be too disorganized for me. My ESFP friend who used to be so fun and spontaneous - let's bake cookies, let's go ice skating, let's all go out to dinner - is hard to have fun with now that she's jugglng three kids and a full-time job and lives 60 minutes instead of 10 minutes away. Getting together is a much bigger deal and always involves a snafu (on her part) and lots of waiting (on my part), no matter what.

But I miss those old times...
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post

Sometimes XFPs can be too disorganized for me. My ESFP friend who used to be so fun and spontaneous - let's bake cookies, let's go ice skating, let's all go out to dinner....
    LOL!

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w5

I seem to have an instant connection with most NFP's I meet. It sometimes feels like they are my best friend, even after just a few minutes of conversation. Like you said, the P relaxes us enough to be able to connect with the NF. It's very nice.
    INFj. 4w5.
    Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one!'
    --C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INxJ

I especially enjoy the company of ENFP. They always, always cheer me up. But me and INFPs are not as promising as far as lightening me up. It's always either sitting around and saying nothing (which isn't awkward... just silent) or wrecking havoc and being crazy.

Enneagram
    1w2

My one ENFP friend is an absolute joy and we get really stupid together, but the flightiness and unreliability keeps me from getting too close to her. All she ends up being is a fun time but sometimes that's exactly what you need.

INFPs are fun too, they disappear but at least you know where to find them.

I don't know if NFPs lighten my mood per se, I find other FJs do that as well and even TPs when they want to.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Sniffles

Yes, it's often a joy to have an NFP around despite whatever faults they have(disorganization etc.). I absolutely love ENFPs.

INFPs I must admit I've been more reserved around, due to some unpleasant dealings with them. However, that's has changed. They seem to be a more relaxed version of
    their E cousins, which really has it's own charms.

So yes NFPs I just you people.