• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFJ's: Do NFP's Lighten You Up?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've noticed immature NFPs to be unreliable too, but if I say I will do something then I will do it.

I can't say the same thing that everyone is in here, because I love all N's :).

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
my good friend and roommate is an enfj!

we bump heads a lot, but we must get along more often than not, right?

G

Glycerine

Sometimes it is the reverse for me. I feel the need to help lighten up NFP's because I'm pretty good at picking up on when they are mad or annoyed about something (even when they deny it). It's sort of back and forth. They help me to lighten up on some things and vice versa.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I recently had this revelation that I ADORE being around INFP's and ENFP's (and probably ESFP's as well, to some degree) because I have found they enable me to truly relax more than any other type. I feel able to be less concerned about deadlines and achieving and the like and just able to be spontaneous and enjoy what will happen. NFP's seem to be so free and spirited, and being around them makes me feel that way, too. They seem so much more carefree than us NFJ's. What do you guys think? Do you have any similar experiences here?

NFPs make me more tense and threatened, if anything. Otherwise I get along with them as well as any other type.

Surprisingly, SFPs enable me to relax and lighten up quite a bit, though NTJs (especially INTJs) actually seem to do this even better.

I'd say NTJs and SFPs lighten me up, NFPs stress me out and make me more guarded, and other types tend to break even. For some reason, I tend to like NPs at first, then come to dislike them over time.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why is that Athenian?

G

Glycerine

NFPs make me more tense and threatened, if anything. Otherwise I get along with them as well as any other type.

Surprisingly, SFPs enable me to relax and lighten up quite a bit, though NTJs (especially INTJs) actually seem to do this even better.

I'd say NTJs and SFPs lighten me up, NFPs stress me out and make me more guarded, and other types tend to break even. For some reason, I tend to like NPs at first, then come to dislike them over time.

This describes me well. I still like NFP's a lot and they are cool but at the same time, they can be very stressful. Ironically, I have a very good friend for an ISFP and I get along with ENTJ's really well.

G

Glycerine

Why is that Athenian?

I apologize if I'm intruding. To me, many INFP's can be intensely moody and I start to confuse their emotions for mine. I can pinpoint when they get angry and vice versa. I'm very good at reading INFPs so it becomes a toxic connection for both parties. I could tell whenever my INFP teachers were the least bit agitated even if no one else could. This became pretty weird after awhile. Note: most INFPs I've met are wonderful people and make good friends but they tend to make me more stressed than relaxed.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Why is that Athenian?

They make me feel like I'm being judged in a way I don't understand for something I can't help. The problem is that they expect me to be able to help it easily, so easily that they don't even think it's worth mentioning. They're open-minded about things I'm afraid of, and rigid about things I don't even perceive structure in. Worst of all, they act as if it's my fault and my problem if I don't see what they see.

G

Glycerine

I was thinking how I might have been a bit harsh on the INFPs so here goes how I might drive INFPs nuts. I overanalyze things, go into way too much depth, and up for a deep philosophical conversation at pretty much any hour, haha. So moodiness vs. overanalyzing. What a winner!

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I was thinking how I might have been a bit harsh on the INFPs so here goes how I might drive INFPs nuts. I overanalyze things, go into way too much depth, and up for a deep philosophical conversation at pretty much any hour, haha. So moodiness vs. overanalyzing. What a winner!

I don't think overanalysing and going philosophical will worry an INFP somehow.

G

Glycerine

Err, there are limits to everything...:D

yeah, that's how I drive my mom nuts. sometimes i will be completely oblivious to how many ideas I am bombarding my mom with the minute she wakes up. oops... haha :doh:

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I apologize if I'm intruding. To me, many INFP's can be intensely moody and I start to confuse their emotions for mine. I can pinpoint when they get angry and vice versa. I'm very good at reading INFPs so it becomes a toxic connection for both parties. I could tell whenever my INFP teachers were the least bit agitated even if no one else could. This became pretty weird after awhile. Note: most INFPs I've met are wonderful people and make good friends but they tend to make me more stressed than relaxed.

i agree 100%. when they are stressed, they want to be around people who they find to be good people who are just being themselves. comfortably co-existing. friendly faces. just the presence helps, as it still allows them space to work thru it and doesn't try to peer into them and upset them or invade their privacy/see too deeply into them and embarrass them.

but for me (infj), to be yourself means connecting deeply, clearing away the layers and revealing what is underneath. it is VERY DIRECT and penetrating. which gets a bit uncomfortable when infp doesn't even want to make direct eye contact (figuratively speaking), and makes the relationship feel way too cluttered and clunky when our communication styles are not at all lining up. it's frustrating bc i adore infp, but i just haven't figured out how to relate more productively. like i have to purposefully misdirect my attention to compensate.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As friends yes!!! but as partners no no no..
I may be a bit biased the enfps I knew where mentally unbalanced.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nah, they were just ENFPs.

I dunno man, this guy was convinced after 2 weeks he was in love with me and he was the best thing that ever happened to me...and he wont stop calling after I ended it........