User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Default Question for INFP's or NF's in general...

So one of my good friends (INFP) and I were talking the other day and however it came up She was telling me how there's a good versus evil battle going on inside her head and usually believes that good will prevail. So anyways I was just wondering if this is a norm for NF's because being the strong S that I am I can't really relate.

MBTI
    ENFP

From the INFP's I know, this sounds normal. I usually am so in love with myself that I hardly can believe that I would be capable of being evil...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JRT View Post
    So one of my good friends (INFP) and I were talking the other day and however it came up She was telling me how there's a good versus evil battle going on inside her head and usually believes that good will prevail. So anyways I was just wondering if this is a norm for NF's because being the strong S that I am I can't really relate.
    Definitely not for me. I'm not too concerned with words like "good" and "evil".

My goal is long-term happiness maximization. I value other people, which means it makes me happy to make them happy -- so I try to make them happy too. But "good" and "evil" are just terms that confuse my goals -- no point in complicating the issue.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerz View Post
    From the INFP's I know, this sounds normal. I usually am so in love with myself that I hardly can believe that I would be capable of being evil...
    and someone tried to call us cocky yesterday...hmmmp...i don't believe it...haha...really lol'd at that one!!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah...there's no good vs evil in my head either
    there's what i want to do vs what i should do but not at all the same i don't think...cuz they're both "good"
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Definitely not for me. I'm not too concerned with words like "good" and "evil".

My goal is long-term happiness maximization. I value other people, which means it makes me happy to make them happy -- so I try to make them happy too. But "good" and "evil" are just terms that confuse my goals -- no point in complicating the issue.

I agree with you 100% I just noticed that you're a type 9 male like me wohooo! I don't like complicating the issue either it seemed like an interesting topic to bring up though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5

I've heard that in the type descriptions for INFP, but I can't really relate to it. I generally tend to think of things that I come across in those terms (good and bad), but I don't feel like I'm in some constant internal struggle with the devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other or anything. I try to do good and be on the side of what is good, but I don't really view it as an epic battle or anything. I guess I just don't think of myself as that important.

eta- Wow it took me awhile to come up with an answer, five posts inbetween ha.
    6w5sp/sx

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by frenchkiss View Post
    I've heard that in the type descriptions for INFP, but I can't really relate to it. I generally tend to think of things that I come across in those terms (good and bad), but I don't feel like I'm in some constant internal struggle with the devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other or anything. I try to do good and be on the side of what is good, but I don't really view it as an epic battle or anything. I guess I just don't think of myself as that important.

eta- Wow it took me awhile to come up with an answer, five posts inbetween ha.
    haha I always do the same thing! I go back delete something and write it again. I think she was referring to situations when she was in a rough spot in her life not simple things..I couldn't imagine all that inner turmoil!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by JRT View Post
    I think she was referring to situations when she was in a rough spot in her life not simple things..I couldn't imagine all that inner turmoil!
    Hm, what do you mean by rough spots? During times in my life where I have felt like there was some sort of decision to make or different paths I could choose I do tend to see it in terms of good or evil in a way that others might not. Or, looking back, I can see times when I have made a decision that I now regret and it looms very, very huge for me as, like, nooo I did WRONG - I beat myself up for those things a lot. In that way maybe I can relate.

I wonder what it's like for you, being Fi dominant as well?
    6w5sp/sx

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

I think she was referring to times where she was in a bad situation and it was very difficult for her to decide what to do.

Personally I don't think in terms of good vs. Evil. I think it maybe because I'm a strong sensing type. However I do my best to be a good person and to be respectful and to try to make a pleasant environment for everyone.

Sorry if there are any spelling erros I'm posting this from my blackberry