First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFP

Default Question for INFPs or NFs in general

There have been times in my life where no matter what decision I made, it seemed to me someone would get hurt and I tend to analyze these situations to the point of paralysis. I don't think of them so much as good vs evil as a conflict in principles.
    It's a blessing...and a curse.

Originally Posted by Anja
    I don't have room for shame in my life.

INFJ, 4w5 sx

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

not so much an epic battle as a slow sensuous dance
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    infp

As an INFP I concur with your friend, there is a constant play out of bad vs good in my head. It's the kind of books I like, the kind of films I like, pure evil vs pure good.

I DO concern myself with things like good and evil and have no trouble applying such labels to them.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cherchair View Post
    There have been times in my life where no matter what decision I made, it seemed to me someone would get hurt and I tend to analyze these situations to the point of paralysis. I don't think of them so much as good vs evil as a conflict in principles.
    Ditto.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    As an INFP I concur with your friend, there is a constant play out of bad vs good in my head. It's the kind of books I like, the kind of films I like, pure evil vs pure good.

I DO concern myself with things like good and evil and have no trouble applying such labels to them.
    Definitely, I agree.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Definitely not for me. I'm not too concerned with words like "good" and "evil".

My goal is long-term happiness maximization. I value other people, which means it makes me happy to make them happy -- so I try to make them happy too. But "good" and "evil" are just terms that confuse my goals -- no point in complicating the issue.
    Same here, evil and good never come into consideration. My goal is to be happy, and in turn make the people in my life that are important to me happy as a sort of bi-product. Good and evil never come into my line of thought concerning my goals, only what would prove useful to said pursuits and what would hinder them.

When you say a battle of good vs. evil in your head I kind of imagine a duel between a Swordsman in black and one in white. In my head both have been slain by a Gunslinger in gray.
    SDMF

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Hmmm, personally I think it's an oversimplifcation of thought patterns, but yeah. Don't other people think in terms of good and evil?
    I wonder what an evil INFP would be like?
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by JRT View Post
    So one of my good friends (INFP) and I were talking the other day and however it came up She was telling me how there's a good versus evil battle going on inside her head and usually believes that good will prevail. So anyways I was just wondering if this is a norm for NF's because being the strong S that I am I can't really relate.
    I can relate.
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    Hmmm, personally I think it's an oversimplifcation of thought patterns, but yeah. Don't other people think in terms of good and evil?
    I was wondering the same thing.
    6w5sp/sx

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by JRT View Post
    So one of my good friends (INFP) and I were talking the other day and however it came up She was telling me how there's a good versus evil battle going on inside her head and usually believes that good will prevail. So anyways I was just wondering if this is a norm for NF's because being the strong S that I am I can't really relate.

I think that the phrase " vs. " is basically describing the emotional intensity of an INFPs inner turmoil/conflict. Everyone is different, but there are those, including myself, that are very hard on themselves perhaps due to parents, friends or siblings making one feel inadequate to be so emotional and caring perhaps making it so intense and extremist. The emotion within can be so intense that it appears to be "good vs. evil" sometimes, or as I call it, "mind vs. heart." A lot of the times our head tells us to move on and to stop investing anymore time and effort into someone that could be hurting us or who just has nothing positive to offer (like a black hole), but our hearts keep seeing the goodness in the person and wants to persevere and be there for them to the point where we'd bend over backwards to see them be okay, even if it means putting ourselves on the line. The conflict lies where we know we "should" take care of ourselves and listen to our heads, but our heart disregards what our mind says and so we are left with having to make a choice, right dab in the middle of either extreme, it's "all or nothing." Anyway, that's my take on it.