• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Question for INFP's or NF's in general...

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think the whole 'good' vs 'evil' thing might come up more if you had a religious background. I don't know about the evil, but I see life in terms of doing your best to be a good person.
We're faced with a billion choices every day, and probably about 99.99% of them are totally inconsequential. But I believe every now and then something important comes up, and when it does, I automatically switch to a right-wrong (or good-evil) dialogue.

Strong values, call them whatever you will, but that's being an enfp is all about.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
It is an interesting question, and I find it highly relevant to INFP. The type that is probably most likely to question "What is good?" and trying to live a life congruent with that idea.
I don't think it is neccesarily a religious thing. Its something a lot more internal. Maybe most INFp won't agree that there is a constant struggle, but you have to admit that Fi is constantly reshaping itself and deciding what it is that is good to that individual.
Now the type descriptions? I don't like the way they talk about it sense it seems like it talks of fictional examples. I've said it many times but I think INFx descriptions are the fluffiest I've ever seen.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
^ urgh, yea seriously.. that whole princess/prince of fairytales thing I read sometimes is even too fluffy for me to handle.

For myself, I never explicitly thought of battles between good and evil like a devil and an angel on my shoulders. I suppose more closely, the question is, is what I'm doing the better thing?

A weird thing though, when I was younger, I kind of imagined people in abstractions of different balances of good/bad. Like some people had more good in them, some people had more bad in them--the good would be white coloured, the bad would be black coloured (shit that sounds racist, it's not.. I mean like yingyang looking thingies)--but there would always be a sort of equal distribution in all. I think this was a weird way of idealising fairness in the world or something. And I think thats the strongest distinction of good/evil that I've ever applied to anything.

Otherwise, good and evil has never looked like an obvious spectrum to me. Morality is awfully confusing sometimes.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So one of my good friends (INFP) and I were talking the other day and however it came up She was telling me how there's a good versus evil battle going on inside her head and usually believes that good will prevail. So anyways I was just wondering if this is a norm for NF's because being the strong S that I am I can't really relate.

Yes, I think I know what this is. A deep-rooted sense of melancholy (evil) with the understanding that there is always knowledge from experiences (positive) to build on.

To other posters: I don't believe that she really meant to say "good v evil". For an infp to present thoughts so explicitly means, to me, that there is lack in fluidity of communication.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I don't follow that way of thinking. I have good thoughts and bad thoughts on a lower scale than a grand one like good vs evil.