User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Does anybody have prophetic daydreams in this manner? A couple of times a random scene would come into my head and I would play it out in my imagination as described above, and the next day, it would happen. At the huge risk of sounding looney, sometimes it's worth paying attention to the stories you're telling yourself.

How about visualizations that are so strong they're almost real? I don't get this often, but for example I was out with my then-boyfriend and the waitress passed by, and he craned his neck to stare at her. When he looked at me again, I saw a wrecking ball hit him right upside the head. It was so sudden and so vivid, it made me laugh aloud.

I think in pictures.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w?

I get visions that are often prophetic and other times just informational. These visions have a different feel to me than my typical daydream so I don't group them into the same category in my head. I love when I get them since they are few and far between.
    "...Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand..." (the Skin Horse)

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by littledarling View Post
    I recently spoke with a fellow INFJ who could relate very well to my constant imagination. I know most INFJ's have an abundance of creative thought, but I wonder what this actually looks like. I find myself constantly "daydreaming", or creating wildly fictacious stories whenever my mind wanders. It's not something I consciously decide to do. Sometimes while in the company of others I will imagine the conversation going a completely different direction. I also tend to create conversations with people I know. I imagine exactly what would be said, felt, thought...and I play it over in my mind, adding and subtracting certain scenes. I have been known to confuse actual conversations with made-up ones, and have on occasion felt I had a much deeper relationship with someone than what actually was.
    I've noticed that some of the people I know in real life are actually much more fascinating in my imagination. I build people up in my mind, and am often disapointed when I spend real time with them. Mostly I enjoy my strong ideality and ability to fabricate fantasy so easily, but I can also see how easy it might be to get too wrapped up in my own world and shut others out. Is this something other INFJ's struggle with? Or any other type? Staying grounded. Sometimes I think that my make-believe life is much more appealing than real life, but I know that in order to make real life interesting I need to spend more time in it.

Yikes. That's me too!

Staying grounded would be IMPOSSIBLE for me if I didn't live with an ENFP and an ESTJ. My mother was watching "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" a few nights ago. I found myself REALLY relating to the magic wardrobe and to Lucy, and something about it depressed me, caused me to recoil. I asked Mom, "Do you experience this sort of disillusionment?"

Mom: "That these things aren't real?"

Me: "Yes."

Mom: "No. Because I would never believe in such a wardrobe. Honey, you live so much in your head, and I live 'down here', grounded. I wouldn't be disappointed because I would never have invested my hope and belief in such a thing."

It's kneejerk - I can't NOT believe in magic. And good luck dragons. And theme music that plays as you walk down the street.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    It's kneejerk - I can't NOT believe in magic. And good luck dragons. And theme music that plays as you walk down the street.
    I totally have theme music.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w5

I recently spoke with a fellow INFJ who could relate very well to my constant imagination. I know most INFJ's have an abundance of creative thought, but I wonder what this actually looks like. I find myself constantly "daydreaming", or creating wildly fictacious stories whenever my mind wanders. It's not something I consciously decide to do. Sometimes while in the company of others I will imagine the conversation going a completely different direction. I also tend to create conversations with people I know. I imagine exactly what would be said, felt, thought...and I play it over in my mind, adding and subtracting certain scenes. I have been known to confuse actual conversations with made-up ones, and have on occasion felt I had a much deeper relationship with someone than what actually was.
    I've noticed that some of the people I know in real life are actually much more fascinating in my imagination. I build people up in my mind, and am often disapointed when I spend real time with them. Mostly I enjoy my strong ideality and ability to fabricate fantasy so easily, but I can also see how easy it might be to get too wrapped up in my own world and shut others out. Is this something other INFJ's struggle with? Or any other type? Staying grounded. Sometimes I think that my make-believe life is much more appealing than real life, but I know that in order to make real life interesting I need to spend more time in it.
    This happens to me a lot, and it seems like it does for many fellow infjs. I started reading a lot about my Enneagram, and found that 4s (especially 4w5s) tend to live in this "fantasy world."
    "4s are emotionally centered and spend much of their lives immersed in their internal mental landscapes, where they feel free to cultivate and analyse their feelings." (found here:Enneagram Type 4 - The Individualist)
    It all seems to make more sense now. We, as infjs, have such intense feelings, it is often easy to immerse ourselves into such a world where our mind can wonder.
    INFj. 4w5.
    Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one!'
    --C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFJ

I can relate to a lot of that post. I find myself doing it a lot when I'm bored or want some sort of distraction from whatever it is I'm doing.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by penelope View Post
    Hell yes.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by penelope View Post

Oooh yes! Theme music is a necessity of life. At least mine.

In relation to the idea of magic and such existing, there is SO much that I wish were real or true, or that I'd come across just to make life as exciting as it could be, as it is in my own mind. Time-travel has always been in my interests, so currently I'm fabricating day-dreams of coming across The Doctor and hitching a ride with him on the TARDIS so we could go just anywhere. [Honestly. Just yesterday, at work, I saw a customer who resembled David Tennant's Doctor enough for me to think, for a split-second, "Oh my gosh, YES!" only to be sorely disappointed ].

Magic, time-travel, gateways into other worlds or dimensions such as the Wardrobe into Narnia, and books or films or TV shows which revolve around such things only do to feed my obsession and need for this kind of thing. Gives me new material, too, for the stories I can write in my head.
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yikes. That's me too!

Staying grounded would be IMPOSSIBLE for me if I didn't live with an ENFP and an ESTJ. My mother was watching "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" a few nights ago. I found myself REALLY relating to the magic wardrobe and to Lucy, and something about it depressed me, caused me to recoil. I asked Mom, "Do you experience this sort of disillusionment?"

Mom: "That these things aren't real?"

Me: "Yes."

Mom: "No. Because I would never believe in such a wardrobe. Honey, you live so much in your head, and I live 'down here', grounded. I wouldn't be disappointed because I would never have invested my hope and belief in such a thing."

That kinda makes me a sad panda hearing that. I have had that happen with Narnia (the books anyway) as well. It was...a little too "perfect" or "easy" perhaps.

And yes. Theme music that you could hear outside your headphones/head would be awesome! Especially if it was generated by your movements/thoughts and sychronised with daily life. *is filled with glee at the thought*

I've also had my mother say similar things to me. Except she's just a little bit more likely to believe in it just for a moment or two. But that is one of her chief complaints about me--being too much "in my head".
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

And theme music that plays as you walk down the street.
    But, but, I thought I was the only one...