• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Is there any real action in your life?

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
So I was thinking if there is any action in your life. Are any of you into anything illegitimit/illegal, anything about life&death? I've seen a couple of movies with NF's and was now wondering if we are only dreamers or if there really exists pissed of NF's that spend their life in real action (drug dealing, assasination etc.). How does it work out for you? Are you dead yet? Or are you a survivor? :steam:

I dreamed of the possibilitys for being a bad mf but I would never do anything illegal unless im REALLY stressed or something, then I go totally out of control. Im not saying its a good value to be criminal but I usually have romantic thoughts about everything, even being a criminal.

S

Sniffles

Obviously.....anyways yes in my younger days I did have romantic fantasies about being a hard-ass criminal. However, sooner or later, you come to realise that there's nothing really romantic about it.

frenchkiss

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
I went through a slightly rebellious phase as a teenager, but nothing like drug dealing or assassination. ha.

That sort of thing has never really been a major theme in my fantasies. I wonder if it's more common for males?

S

Sniffles

I wouldn't doubt it. I had some friends get involved in drug dealing, and one of them got killed.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Taking a hard cold look at the potential consequences usually stops those fantasies dead in their tracks. And yes, I've had them.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
My fantasies about being a bad ass are nothing to do with reality, a criminal or drug dealer is just too common. I dream about being a bad ass vampire, or an evil witch lol that's about as bad ass as I could get.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My fantasies about being a bad ass are nothing to do with reality, a criminal or drug dealer is just too common. I dream about being a bad ass vampire, or an evil witch lol that's about as bad ass as I could get.

Awesome. Me too. Or a warrior who kicks the ass of some big monster and gets hailed as a hero and is swept off her feet by an equally heroic man who immediately saves said warrior from being run over by a car because she was staring at his hotness and drooling a bit... :blush:

Right then.

No, I've not really imagined being a criminal or anything. A spy maybe...but not an assassin/drug-dealer.

The thing is...as anii said, just thinking about the reality of it makes it far less fun to imagine.

penelope

MBTI Type
INxJ
I would just pretend to be a badass a few years ago through LARPing as an Elf Rogue Pirate.

/nerd

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was only as tough as I had to be, and I hated it.

Desperado44

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I never dreamed of being a criminal...

...but I used to fantasize about a creative lifestyle....songwriting, band, actor, etc.....

I think I exorcised a lot of that stuff through sports...particularly football.

Now I fill my life with 'action'....wave runners, weight training, traveling, etc.

I need the 'passion' fix....

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yeah, I've had those dreams, but of course have never acted on them. But I have been getting bolder, you know, the occasional trespassing for the sake of adventure or photography--that's right MBTA! No un-locked fence can hold me back!!!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
being a criminal doesn't sound dreamy and romantic to me...but living by my own rules kinda does...my thirst for adventure has lead me to break the rules on occasion...and i have no regrets regarding that...fun was had...no one was hurt...so it's all good. :)

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
Criminal life is NOT appealing, attractive or romantic no matter how I think of it. I'd rather be a rock star, spend my nights playing to thousands of adoring fans, partying all night, travelling the world, writing music, and being badass.

Too bad my reality is so badass it sucks.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ yeah me too...but i want to be a badass artist/photographer and party all night and sleep all day...and travel the world...and answer to nobody...but yeah...my reality is not that and most likely never will be that....damn it. :(

PinkIceTD

MBTI Type
ENFP
I've never fantasized about being a criminal or anything but I have done some minor trespassing. :blush: There's no daredevil/badass action going on in my life.

My fantasies/daydreams are usually about being able to have a huge effect on people, or being able to be a major philanthropist, or being able to be best friends with my fav singer or something.

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I was younger I dreamed of planning the perfect bank robbery and taking a plane to a far away country where I spend the rest of my days. Of course in reality I wouldn't be proud of obtaining money/travel in that way and I'm sure I couldn't plan a fool-proof robbery. There is something romantic about the idea though. (It's an uncensored idea though. Just trying to prevent a certain reply from a certain type. lol)

penelope

MBTI Type
INxJ
Oh, I forgot to mention that I live out my badassery in my dreams. I'm often some sort of assassin or vigilante, like Catwoman (and sometimes I am Catwoman). I love it.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I used to get in trouble a lot and have gotten arrested a few times, while in high school and college. I don't regret it, but I could have gotten a felony at one point, but lucked out. If that happened, I would regret it.

It had a lot to do with my social circle, but I suppose I could have opted out of a lot of the stuff I did. Usually about 30% of my group, after we settled on a plan, would opt out, saying something like "that's retarded, you guys are gunna get caught".