User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

violaine

Yeah, I tease the people I'm close to almost without mercy. Though with some qualifiers - not all of the time and hopefully not predictably... I won't tease about the same thing over and over again.

I like to see the humor in almost everything if I can. Also, this was the dynamic in my family. Very teasey! I only do it with people that I feel know I care. It's never supposed to be cruel though sometimes I have to be careful not to go too far. I feel horrible when I've misjudged where the line is.

Hmm, I can't easily keep it in either!

MBTI
    istj
    Enneagram

Interesting...gonna have to tease my little sister a little more.

MBTI
    INFJ

Yes, I enjoy it but I don't usually start it....for some its a 'safe' way to show affection and liking. If I don't like the person, then I won't encourage it.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    ..like to be pushed around/bullied (in a playful way).

At least I do. I've especially noticed this works well with other NFs (primarily I/ENFPs).

Here's the thrust behind this thought... I like to give affection in the same way and when someone I like/love (friend/family) won't return in kind it results in me taking it badly - because I only mess with/tease people that I care about. Others I'm fairly indifferent towards.

Discuss... <?>
    If I openly said what I like to do to ppl like you I would probably get banned lol

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

this could be true for any type. MBTI explains human cognition not human behavior (to a point).
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Though with some qualifiers - not all of the time and hopefully not predictably... I won't tease about the same thing over and over again.
    Interesting, I have a few things with certain people that I'll go back to - it's a kind of a thing we do to each other... more than anything, it's like an inside joke.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Yes, I enjoy it but I don't usually start it....for some its a 'safe' way to show affection and liking. If I don't like the person, then I won't encourage it.
    I absolutely agree with you. Totally hit the nail on the head for me.

Teasing is a safe way to show affection because it's fairly non-committal.
    And I NEVER tease people I don't like.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Playful teasing is fantastic, as long as it's understood where the line is. I can't stand people who antagonize each other - it's no longer fun or playful if someone's feelings are getting hurt. It's supposed to be good natured provocation, not a bullying session.

MBTI
    INTP

..like to be pushed around/bullied (in a playful way).

At least I do. I've especially noticed this works well with other NFs (primarily I/ENFPs).

Here's the thrust behind this thought... I like to give affection in the same way and when someone I like/love (friend/family) won't return in kind it results in me taking it badly - because I only mess with/tease people that I care about. Others I'm fairly indifferent towards.

Discuss... <?>
    When my ENFP roommate left the gas stove leaking (twice) and I treated him like an idiot, he did not appreciate it.

violaine

Interesting, I have a few things with certain people that I'll go back to - it's a kind of a thing we do to each other... more than anything, it's like an inside joke.
    hmm, well I have inside jokes. I guess I don't ever like to feel I'm picking on something with a person. OK I am specifically thinking about the way I tease my sis here Gentle teasing, it has to stay gentle or she'd feel picked on.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    Playful teasing is fantastic, as long as it's understood where the line is. I can't stand people who antagonize each other - it's no longer fun or playful if someone's feelings are getting hurt. It's supposed to be good natured provocation, not a bullying session.
    Agreed. I don't ever want to be mean to someone. I don't like a picky/points scoring/grandstanding style of banter or watching couples engage in that. It always seems a little passive/aggressive to coin that phrase.

I do love it when a boyfriend 'zings me good' about something. It's a delicate art. I had one boyfriend who was really good at it. Always flying close to the line but never over. He was not otherwise verbally affectionate but that made me feel like he 'got' me. It was a lot of fun. I was always wondering what he would come up with next, lol!