User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INxJ

Default INFJ: the one that got away?

I'm wondering if this is the case for other INFJs...

I can count maybe 4-5 guys who have passed me up in the past who have admitted that they regret letting me go, passing me up, or letting me get away.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Yup. Guys either don't appreciate me while I'm around then regret it later or latch on to me like there's no tomorrow.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Hm.....I'm guessing these guys are young and don't know what they want in a girl?? Possible?
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. --- Maya Angelou

MBTI
    INFP

Maybe they just wanna get some action.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Could this just be a thing guys say to their ex's?

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Yup. Guys either don't appreciate me while I'm around then regret it later or latch on to me like there's no tomorrow.
    Yep. And maybe it does have to do with age, because these are all guys that I was either interested in or had a fling with and they either passed me up or moved on because they probably saw something more sparkly or distracting (haha), but later on, realize what they had or could've had and either apologize or try to get me back.

Us INFJs are the ones you have to hunt for... once we're found, you'd better know what you've got and treat us accordingly. Otherwise, we'll sense that we'll get hurt and, if we're smart enough, we'll leave, or we'll stick around and be scorned, and then you'll never have a second chance.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    EIE

Hmm, I'd say this has been my case too. The women I've been close to didn't appreciate me until after the fact. But then it was too late. I tend not to fall in love with the same person more than once.
    I-44 N-88 F-62 J-67

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. -Winston Churchill

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I was stalked by an ex. Does this count? Yea, umm...suddenly he thought we were always going to end up married somehow. The memory doesn't bring up a warm fuzzy feeling. lol. I think this could be a common experience across types though. (I don't mean the stalking part. ha)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by penelope View Post
    Yep. And maybe it does have to do with age, because these are all guys that I was either interested in or had a fling with and they either passed me up or moved on because they probably saw something more sparkly or distracting (haha), but later on, realize what they had or could've had and either apologize or try to get me back.

Us INFJs are the ones you have to hunt for... once we're found, you'd better know what you've got and treat us accordingly. Otherwise, we'll sense that we'll get hurt and, if we're smart enough, we'll leave, or we'll stick around and be scorned, and then you'll never have a second chance.
    Ditto. I think it does have something to do with age. And that INFJs tend to be pretty unfathomable but seem boring or "normal" at first.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

This is what I always thought was the reason. The other person can tell the depth of feelings the INFJ has for them, so they take it for granted and imagine it will always be there. When it's not, they start to rethink the situation. I believe if the impossible could happen and the INFJ could go return to the situation, the same thing would happen again because that kind of person has that reaction in that situation. However, it's not even an issue because this would be impossible for INFJs in general once it's really over in their mind. (I still think this is a common situation across all types but maybe this particular reason is why it happens to INFJs. It's just a theory. Maybe it's completely wrong.)