User Tag List

First 56789 Last

heart on fire

Almost everyone is bound to be the "one who got away" for at least one other person, no matter of type.

MBTI
    INxJ

I feel like I need to try to make my suggestion clear again... this thread has gone in a completely different direction than I expected or intended it to:

The INFJ personality seems to be taken for granted in a relationship (and I think this might have to do with age/experience/maturity), and the mate moves on because he/she doesn't fully appreciate the qualities of the INFJ. Later on, as age/experience/maturity progresses, the ex-mate realizes that their ex-INFJ is something quite special, and doesn't easily find their lasting qualities in other mates. That is to say, that I'm wondering if it's common for other INFJ to have experienced this... being passed up, and then later told that their ex-mate regrets letting go of what they had.

Of course, it is experienced with all types, I imagine, but my suggestion is that it might be more common with the INFJ. The point is to have a discussion among other INFJ to see if there is a common thread and to understand why it seems to happen so often.

That'll probably be my last attempt to get everyone to understand what this thread was supposed to be about. Getting kinda frustrated...

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Almost everyone is bound to be the "one who got away" for at least one other person, no matter of type.
    ^This is true.

I think we were discussing a pattern of it (like multiple people confess to you afterward that you were the one) and perhaps how INFJ may be vulnerable to it. *shrug*

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

My ENFP sister's INFJ bf walked out on her. And I spent 2 1/2 years wanting to wring his neck every time I heard my sister crying. I have zero understanding for jackasses, particularly badly-behaved INFJs because I know what they're thinking and I know "where they live".

INFJs, on the whole, are lovely people. But I hate them with perhaps 20 times more contempt than other types when they're out for themselves. They're the worst kind of mercenaries because you can't punch Jesus in the arm, now can you. NO.

Having said that, I wish for my sister to marry Marty McFly. Having an INFJ BIL would rock my socks.

And from what I hear from my INFP friends, they get ditched for "whiz bang" a lot too.

Bottom line: If he/she wants to leave, they'll leave. You're mysterious/too opaque. You're smart/too bookish. You're tall/an Amazon. You smell like lavender sugar kittens rolled in sexy/stop trying to control me!!one!1!!1one!!1
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFJ

proteanmix: This could definitely be an NJ thing. I didnt mean that this could only happen to INFJ's, I just said that since we are talking about INFJ's...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Many guys, especially younger ones have issues with commitment.

As a woman, I don't view spending the rest of my life with a man I love as even being remotely scary, quite the contrary, actually I would view such a life as being a blessing.
    I can say the same thing about the girls I've been around, even when it's just casual commitments, like hanging out as friends. It's so frustrating...

I feel the same way about that too.
    Enneagram 9w1 sp/so
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Having said that, I wish for my sister to marry Marty McFly. Having an INFJ BIL would rock my socks.
    Yeah, he was pure sexy.

Agree 100 percent with what you said about negative aspects of INFJ as well.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Yeah, he was pure sexy.
    I knew you'd agree!

Goodness, the things I could get up to with an INFJ BIL. We'd be NFJing all over creation. Take that, you stupid creation!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Sniffles

As a male INFJ, I can certainly relate to the many premises of this thread and to the experiences of other INFJs here.

However, I've yet to have one woman regret letting me go - at least they haven't told me so.

This especially caught my attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I've also gotten the "I don't deserve you" line more than once. It always seems to be the beginning of the end. It seems to signal the end of the relationship before it even begins. I'm not sure if other INFJs can relate. It bugs the hell out of me.
    Trust me, you're not alone. I constantly get that BS as well.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I've also gotten the "I don't deserve you" line more than once. It always seems to be the beginning of the end. It seems to signal the end of the relationship before it even begins. I'm not sure if other INFJs can relate. It bugs the hell out of me.
    Isn't this a typical break-up line? George Constanza's "It's me, not you."