User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 165

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    260

    Default

    noigmn: I admire your wisdom

    Although. An INFJ having, or even accepting, the same attitude an ENFP has about relationship is a nasty site. An ENFP guy can play pimp and can get away with it fairly good without getting girls into to much sorrow, their Fi makes intelligent moves to lower the other pain.
    An INFJ guy who act like a pimp would rather leave you when you most need them because the pimping attitude makes the INFJ's not following any rules, no meaning to be nice because lack of structure (right or wrong).

    Now. An ENFP man (or women) who would act more like a caring, strongly dependent person would problably have no clue of the capability of what the other person can give and will therefor have unreasonable demands and depends to much on the other person while the INFJ act pretty fair and will be able to understand that when someone leaves you, it was probably never ment to be and if the same person comes back because they found something in you that they didnt think existed you will understand that

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    260

    Default

    they will behave like this until their death. What is gone is gone. Seclusion is needed to begin a new beginning and not be a slave to the past.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    260

    Default

    MY POINT WAS: It exists good reasons why INFJ's dont make emotional reflection.

  4. #24
    Senior Member SoAndSo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w?
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Yeah, this has been the motif of my relationship life. (I'm sure this must happen to other types, but I suspect INFJ may be particularly vulnerable to this.) I always put it down to that I can fall in love very quickly and stay there and I show it. A case of 'just knowing'. I think that can be frightening for the other person, sometimes they flinch. But they're still so attracted to you... weirdness ensues. Every guy that has done that has written me some tortured letter or told me I am the biggest regret of his life after the fact. Which theoretically I should find very touching but I just don't feel for them anymore. I don't have respect for them anymore.

    I have thought about what part I might play in this dynamic too. imo INFJ can be very accepting of others in a relationship, however they want to be is just fine by me. I can't bring myself to demand things that others don't want to give freely. I think unless the person you are with is very conscientious that can foster a certain kind of dynamic. There is such a thing as being too non-demanding. Also, in the past I have tended to be completely satisfied by the way I feel about a person.

    I have slowed down in terms of starting relationships and it has helped. It is not as much fun of course but it's the only way I could avoid becoming jaded and a great way to weed out the ambivalent style men.
    I can totally relate to this.
    "...Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand..." (the Skin Horse)

  5. #25
    violaine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    It is unusual, because I have let one get away. Not for any of these reasons though. I find that maturity also equates to accepting love in more than one form, and opening up to the possibilities. Sometimes to be so decisive, is to not give love the chance to grow. To be there for the other, but offer no level of connection that can satisfy them. Me being a 4w5 ENFP is part of the problem, but talking to older INFJs, there is a misplaced definiteness about the world that is the younger INFJs strength, and undoing. To be right too often is to miss the alternatives. You have a clear answer there about how something is, so why look for reasons to disprove it? I shouldn't say it, but it is like seeing the world from a million of your own perspectives, when to see it from one other's can complete the puzzle. You can't really make the statement about 4-5 guys letting you get away, without considering why. (on a more human level than I was loving and easy, so they got bored).

    Every situation has more than one side. If 4-5 guys let me go and regretted it, I would normally consider there is a pattern there. ie. guys who like you for some reason are driven to let you go. Or walk past it. In the real world no one leaves love because it is too easy. They leave it because they don't have an appreciation of it. Not because it is too easy, but because it has glossed over them. It hasn't grabbed their soul. You can say it was the other's naivity. But really that is just excusing your duty and part in it. Nothing is ever the other person's responsibility. They are human's with liberty and lives of their own. If you never enter into their world or intersect its course, it has no reason to merge with yours. It just travels along with you, and passes you. Some complements and niceties are thrown between the two worlds, but they stay separate. The 4-5 who left saw something good in it after. I'd ask why didn't they see it at the time? There was obviously some kind of misunderstanding, because if two people really liked eachother, something deeper should form. And I'd wonder to myself, if I did like any of them, how I could avoid it happening another time. And ask whether I am the one who got away, or the one who missed the chances? I see no reason for pride in it.
    hmm, I'm pretty sure it's not about taking pride in it. (These kinds of things are a little hard to share precisely because it can come off as self-promotion.) That it happens is genuinely puzzling. It's about those occasions when there is connection but then things falter mostly because of their treatment or decisions. Then you get an outpouring of regret from the other person. It is perplexing.

    I do agree that it is useful to examine why something occurs repeatedly. I don't agree that it's because the INFJ hasn't made an impression, that has not been my experience. Quite the opposite. (Perhaps the very reserved INFJs have had that experience? I don't think so though.) I imagine INFJ are all prob rather intense but also deeply accepting on some level in their relationships. That can spook people a little who aren't initially so serious and may lead them to take your intensity for granted for a time or think that you will always feel the way you do about them as near as I can figure.

  6. #26

    Default

    Thanks for the insights. I'm always aware I'm walking unknown territory offering any advice to INFJs, because we function so differently. And most of the time it can seem like I am trying to flaw or attack you, because I have a pretty unbounded approach to concepts and emotions. Still I know you guys will never work like an ENFP, as much as we will never work like you. It just bothers me sometimes when you seem to be burning your bridges for fuel. Though it is probably the difference in perspective. From an ENFP perspective, it can often be like "argh! What are they doing? Why didn't they see that coming?". But really it is probably that these things affect us in a different way, so we see them as more of a problem.

    The INFJ I've known is great. And I find reasons for attachment, it is just the feeling one step from complete attachment that causes me to wander. She might not be a typical example. But it can feel like when you get close, there is some escape or avoidance. The moment gets broken down, rather than savoured. There is a high intensity and feeling of oneness, then nothing. The affirmation is never really handed to you on a plate. From talking to my mother who is INFJ she said she did similar before she matured more, that was why I mentioned it. The lifeline is never really thrown to the chasing party. You instead need to throw your soul into the void and hope it is processed well and comes out in one piece. The love given feels like it has to be of a type that it can not be without already connecting and accepting it. A chicken and egg thing maybe. A lot of this is the ENFP-INFJ type relations though.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    260

    Default

    noigmn: INFJ's can be oblivious to your grander scheme (Ne), oblivious to others emotions unless spoked or showed (Fi), oblivios to strategical steps (Te) and oblivious to what would be "normal" (Si). INFJ's surely needs balance, through aid, in this. Thanks for your effort.

  8. #28
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lorkan View Post
    noigmn: I admire your wisdom

    Although. An INFJ having, or even accepting, the same attitude an ENFP has about relationship is a nasty site. An ENFP guy can play pimp and can get away with it fairly good without getting girls into to much sorrow, their Fi makes intelligent moves to lower the other pain.
    An INFJ guy who act like a pimp would rather leave you when you most need them because the pimping attitude makes the INFJ's not following any rules, no meaning to be nice because lack of structure (right or wrong).

    Now. An ENFP man (or women) who would act more like a caring, strongly dependent person would problably have no clue of the capability of what the other person can give and will therefor have unreasonable demands and depends to much on the other person while the INFJ act pretty fair and will be able to understand that when someone leaves you, it was probably never ment to be and if the same person comes back because they found something in you that they didnt think existed you will understand that
    No offense, but wtf are you driveling on about, for realz, yo!

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  9. #29

    Default

    Thanks Lorkan .

    I love you guys. I just always wish I could catch those intense moments and keep them. Though you guys have a lot more to you and more to do in life than sit around giving intense moments to ENFPs . I always take a while to really get into the moment, because I can be shy when liking someone, and probably give the wrong signs, so it is gone when I get there.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

  10. #30
    violaine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Thanks for the insights. I'm always aware I'm walking unknown territory offering any advice to INFJs, because we function so differently. And most of the time it can seem like I am trying to flaw or attack you, because I have a pretty unbounded approach to concepts and emotions. Still I know you guys will never work like an ENFP, as much as we will never work like you. It just bothers me sometimes when you seem to be burning your bridges for fuel. Though it is probably the difference in perspective. From an ENFP perspective, it can often be like "argh! What are they doing? Why didn't they see that coming?". But really it is probably that these things affect us in a different way, so we see them as more of a problem.
    I like having an exchange of views myself. I enjoy the different insights.


    Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    The INFJ I've known is great. And I find reasons for attachment, it is just the feeling one step from complete attachment that causes me to wander. She might not be a typical example. But it can feel like when you get close, there is some escape or avoidance. The moment gets broken down, rather than savoured. Or you get tested. The affirmation is never really handed to you on a plate. From talking to my mother who is INFJ she said she did similar before she matured more, that was why I mentioned it. The lifeline is never really thrown to the chasing party. You instead need to throw your soul into the void and hope it is processed well and comes out in one piece. The love given feels like it has to be of a type that it can not be without already connecting and accepting it. A chicken and egg thing maybe. A lot of this is the ENFP-INFJ type relations though.
    Yes, INFJ are usually rather cautious with sharing our deeper feelings, being 'seen' as it were. Some testing is usually involved, though not necessarily consciously, just the interaction that happens before we feel comfortable to go to another level. I think a knowledge of the many ways a person's heart can wax and wane informs it. It makes us cautious. (Sorry INFJs to be using the royal 'we' and 'us' all over the place, lol.) Also, it is difficult having let someone in when they really hurt you. It is hard to cut someone out of your soul. (yeah, and sorry about the dramatic reference to the 'soul', lol.)

    That being said, I have no problem letting someone in if we are compatible. That is the key. I don't think I have to just let anyone in and I never would.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 05:45 PM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-27-2009, 12:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO