User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    But "immature" is an interesting word that I see bandied about often. Were the people who left the INFJs immature? Maybe so, maybe no. Is it immature to be at different points in life? I wouldn't say that just because a person brands you the one that got away that they were necessarily immature. Maybe them breaking up with you at that point in time was the most mature act they could do.
    My immature label was referring to the INxJs that behave obnoxiously enigmatic, not other people.
    Last edited by iwakar; 12-28-2008 at 11:31 AM. Reason: typo
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Does this mean I can't flick people on the balls? We all know Erin so needs a good ball-flicking. Synarch's boobs are the next stop on the Flickstah Express!...
    ^All aboard!!

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    ^All aboard!!
    *crunchy cranky INFJ sugar coco-bombs!!* *drags up a big bowl and spoon*

Gotta fuel up. Flicking is an art form best done after a hearty meal!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

violaine

tee hee hee, oh Pink-y!

eeps *remembers to duck the spoon*

(damn this slow connection - comic timing fail).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I won't even lie, this thread was giving me an upset stomach trying to read it all so I just scanned it. I only wanted to say that I think we all have this narcissistic desire and hope the other person wished they had made a different choice and thinks about/misses us often. The reality is that I think some types move on faster than others and I know for fact many NTs and NFs fall into that group.

As an ENTP, when I'm done I am very very done and unwilling to visit the past. It takes a lot to get me there but once I am, it's over. This combined with always having dated S types who tend to have a harder time moving on I find they tend to wanna visit the past more and express a wish that there had been a different outcome.

Having people in my past that feel were "the one that got away" is more a reflection of my poor choices in a partner as opposed to their mistakes. Whatever the cause, be it Sensors that could never meet my needs, youth, ego, cheating, lack of honesty with me/self or what ever. The real issue if I'm going to be 100% honest with myself in every single case has been more about me and less about the other person.

This may have something to do with my level of autonomy and a desire to learn from everything that has happened in my past knowing that I'm the master of my life and this includes the people I allow into it as well as what they do once inside.

Being Buddhist, I know there are girls in my past that would have been wonderful partners for me however I don't see them as the "ones that got away", I see them as women I wasn't ready for so I stepped aside so they could be with somebody that was ready. I have learned and grown so much from the choices I've made that I liked least or was least proud of that I have zero regrets. One can't be expected to not make mistakes, the only mistake one can make from them is not learning from them.

Now I sit 100% open to love and for the first time in my life able to be a man instead of a boy, I know how to treat a woman with the respect, passion, loyalty, compassion and the honesty I feel should make up the foundation of a healthy relationship. Yet with this internal search and understanding of self comes even less of a willingness to settle for somebody that isn't in the same place. So maybe there's a catch 22 here at play as well.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    I'm unique too.
    Yeah, you are...

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    tee hee hee, oh Pink-y!

eeps *remembers to duck the spoon*
    You wanna share? I gots a spoon from Switzerland here. Or you could use the one I got from South of the Border with a giant sombrero on it.

(damn this slow connection - comic timing fail).
    I know! *grumbles* Many a magnificent grandiloquent frabjous witty zinger has been befouled by my slow dial-up speedz too. <-----*intolerable ENFJ black cloud sulks*
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Does anyone else get the feeling that people here (sometimes) almost deliberately misunderstand the point someone's making just to have something to disagree with? We're such nit-pickers.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonENTP View Post

Now I sit 100% open to love and for the first time in my life able to be a man instead of a boy, I know how to treat a woman with the respect, passion, loyalty, compassion and the honesty I feel should make up the foundation of a healthy relationship. Yet with this internal search and understanding of self comes even less of a willingness to settle for somebody that isn't in the same place. So maybe there's a catch 22 here at play as well.
    If you continue to express such vile statements, I will deploy my flying monkeys.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Does anyone else get the feeling that people here (sometimes) almost deliberately misunderstand the point someone's making just to have something to disagree with? We're such nit-pickers.
    Contrarians, you mean? Nay! Such people are merely offering themselves up as targets for your laser wit and comely ankles. Dance for me!
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code