First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    This was a great post. People often mistake kindness for weakness and when a moment comes they see it's not true they seem unable to grasp the concept and perpetually confused.

Also, our type is the most intense in relationships and this often makes our type misconstrued imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been emphasized yet. But this is a really excruciating process. I really *wish* I could just casually raise the drawbridge.
    I read in a description online that the process of withdrawing for an INFJ can leave scars. (Accurate description imo.) At the same time we're able to truly move on despite this effect created from the process. Yea, we're complex. lol

I didn't really add anything new to this thread. Just saying I relate to what's been said.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

really? the most intense? interesting...can you elaborate on that?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    really? the most intense? interesting...can you elaborate on that?
    Speaking from my own experience, INFJ seem to have more depth of feeling, not necessarily more feeling.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

aww...sweet lil creatures.

and i think nf's in general can be that way but just express it differently maybe...interesting though i wish i could read more about it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Speaking from my own experience, INFJ seem to have more depth of feeling, not necessarily more feeling.
    I think Synbo has a point. In general we have a deep capacity for feeling - but we don't necessarily tap into it or be heed to it.

On the other hand we can make extremely rash decisions because of our depth of feeling (which can be quite self-centered) and is ironic since we're perceived to be so concientious of other's feelings.

I, have made some rash decisions where based on my depth of feeling (self-centeredly) I pulled away from people leaving them hurt.

So in the end, I wasn't all that 'feeling' in the sense of sympathy but feeling in the emotional (snap decision) kind of sense.

I'm not always like that (thank God) but perhaps I'm not a normal INFJ in that sense.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

aww...sweet lil creatures.
    We feel the same way about you too

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    True. The best way to describe that is... some people recognize color as the primaries (red, yellow, blue) and the secondaries (green, violet, orange), and sometimes even the tertiaries (the colors in between). But the INFJ understand this even further... the shades and tints, the subtle changes in value defining a color, and even how to build that color from the primaries. But, that doesn't mean we actually do. We just understand it.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

aww...pink i got mad love for you girl! you are so funny!
    You're at least THREE good solid rolls in the sparkle lavender kitten happy sugar! Mrowl!

Quote Originally Posted by penelope View Post
    Hooray INFJs! I'm so glad you guys are coming around. It really further proves that only INFJs get other INFJs... whew.
    Ok. No.

That's an insupportable statement and one that seems to indicate that you will ALWAYS end up misunderstood except when in the presence of The Other 2% of the population. I understand my INFJ father just fine, and the score of other INFJs I know. Ni-primary doesn't make you a mystery. It makes you Ni-primary.

You know what they say about a man with big feet. Big shoes.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Ok. No.

That's an insupportable statement and one that seems to indicate that you will ALWAYS end up misunderstood except when in the presence of The Other 2% of the population. I understand my INFJ father just fine, and the score of other INFJs I know. Ni-primary doesn't make you a mystery. It makes you Ni-primary.

You know what they say about a man with big feet. Big shoes.
    I think INJs like to believe that people don't get them or understand them or purposely try to shroud themselves in a mysterious aura so they can then later claim that they weren't understood and absolve themselves of any role they played in the lack of understanding.

I don't know if I want to have sustained contact with a person who is or believes themselves to be complex, because you know, they complicate things. They have a tendency to make things harder than what they have to be. That seems like something that should only be reserved in describing the universe which is requisitely complex. Complex people come with a rather tedious user's manual that needs to be taken to expensive specialty shops when they break. When people describe themselves as complex it's usually a euphemism for troubled and difficult to deal with. Can you be both complex and simple at the same time?

10^1 I can wrap my head around but when you get to 10^100 I just can't do that in my head. It's too big. Are you INFJs saying you're 10^100? You've got so many zero's behind you that you defy understanding? OK I'm confusing myself.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    On the other hand we can make extremely rash decisions because of our depth of feeling (which can be quite self-centered) and is ironic since we're perceived to be so concientious of other's feelings.
    I read that under stress our type makes impulsive decisions. It's the shadow side.