MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Stars View Post
    she thought it was bringing demons into the house
    I think we may have been raised in the same religion...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by karenk View Post
    I think we may have been raised in the same religion...
    Hmmm...a possible connection between INFJs and fundamentalism? Ha, kidding. Ironic though, as MBTI is evil by Christian standards.
    I don't have a picture up so...here's my youtube with me doing all sorts of crazy martial arts flips and kicks....=D.

http://www.youtube.com/dashblades

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFP

Default INFJ personal relations

I share more here than I do with those I'm closest to irl, and even here, I share mostly events rather than feelings.
    It's a blessing...and a curse.

Originally Posted by Anja
    I don't have room for shame in my life.

INFJ, 4w5 sx

MBTI
    ENFP

INFJ's seem to be individuals with a lot of emotional depth who have a really unique way of looking at the world and I don't know how to word it.. things are really personal to them. It's like their words and actions are an extension of themselves more so than other types.

I've often wondered if INFJ's growing up shared things about themselves, and had a lot of people not understand them and were totally crushed by it, especially if those people they trusted ridiculed them in some way.

I could just be trying to relate it to relate it to my experience as an ENFP though. A lot of people I know get wrapped up in the ENFP contact high, back back away as soon as I become an actual person, which has led me to keep my a lot negative emotions and worries to myself. That's one of the reason's I love the INFJ's in my life. From what I've seen they don't scare easily .

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Hmmm...a possible connection between INFJs and fundamentalism?
    Guess I'd be the exception to that, since I wasn't raised in a fundamentalist enviroment; and I generally can't stand them - although I'm not as eager to engage in the standard bashing of them either.

Ironic though, as MBTI is evil by Christian standards.
    Some Christians think it's evil, other Christians don't. You can find Christians on either side of that debate.

Richard Rohr even wrote The Enneagram: A Christian Perspective.

Now as for some of the critiques I have read of MBTI and the Enneagram from Christian perspectives; on some levels I can sympahtise with the concerns of about ties to the New Age movement, and I always keep an eye open towards those tendencies.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    INFJ's seem to be individuals with a lot of emotional depth who have a really unique way of looking at the world and I don't know how to word it.. things are really personal to them. It's like their words and actions are an extension of themselves more so than other types.

I've often wondered if INFJ's growing up shared things about themselves, and had a lot of people not understand them and were totally crushed by it, especially if those people they trusted ridiculed them in some way.
    Yes that's exactly how I felt growing up, and in many ways those feelings still linger. Oddly these feelings become more intense when around people close to me(friends and family), which add onto it.

I could just be trying to relate it to relate it to my experience as an ENFP though. A lot of people I know get wrapped up in the ENFP contact high, back back away as soon as I become an actual person, which has led me to keep my a lot negative emotions and worries to myself. That's one of the reason's I love the INFJ's in my life. From what I've seen they don't scare easily .
    Im interested in knowing how an ENFP's experience could relate to ours. It seems ENFPs are often the talk of the party, wheras we're usually not(at least I'm not).

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    My advice to you (even though you didn't exactly ask for it lol) would be to take his caution very, very seriously. DON'T mock him about it...worst thing you could possibly do. Think of his inner-self as a Holy Grail of sorts. Guarded by 1000 knights in shining armor...it's not unlikely than no one will ever see it. Of course, don't be more concerned about it than he is. That would be somewhat awkward lol.
    Haha, I've paid a lot of my dues, and he's really open with me in most ways (Jerk, INFJ forced me to be patient). Don't worry.. I tease him lots, but never about anything serious. And even though I get really excited and can blab about my life, I'm really good at keeping other people's secrets and making sure I don't say anything that would make people close to me too uncomfortable.

and belive me I would never want to breach trust with anyone.. especially not an INFJ .

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Hmm... well... its seems natural that "everyone will not be able to understand everyone else". Basically, I think all types are misunderstood in some way. ENFPs, I think, probably have a stupid resilience (I use this kindly) because we're just that way. We'll express something the same way because it feels appropriate. Some get it, some don't. That's okay. We got it off of our chest. Those that do, can talk about it further. Those that don't should at least sympathize or ... something.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    I tease him lots, but never about anything serious.
    That's a very good strategy for INFJs.

MBTI
    INFJ

Yes, I have an image I maintain, but I don't think its just related to INFJs. I'm sure other types do it to - maybe to a lesser extent.

With people I'm close to, I don't worry about expressing my feelings or my views on things. I really admire people who just don't care, but I think if I expressed everything to everyone, they would think I were slightly crazy!

I get a feeling with people that tells me whether it is or isn't a good idea to let them in...