User Tag List

First 123 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

by law of patterns, in 3 years in November
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I've been driving for only 3 months now, with my permit, and I think I'm alright..I'm not a slow driver at all, and I'm not an extreme daredevil. I have problems with paying attention to the road sometimes..but other than that, I love the freedom that driving offers.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

My friends make fun of me for my poor driving skills but they still let me drive them places!
    Never have been in an accident but have been close...
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Well i'm from New England and we supposedly have the worst drivers in the country.. however I consider myself a good driver. My only downfall is the damn speed traps I tend to get alot of speeding tickets I always avoid close calls I think it's because I have quick repsonse times. My favorite state to drive in is Massachusetts I love crossing the border because I can go 90 and I know no one is gonna pull me over and you can drive in the breakdown lane

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Apparently, I'm a scary person to ride with. I rarely take other people places, but they're scared when I do.

Okay, so I've ran off the road twice in my 5 years of driving (holy shit, it's been 5 years) but I've not hit or killed anyone yet. On a scale from 1-10, I'd put me at a 7. I mean, I obey the posted limits to within 5 MPH over, and that's somewhat good, right?

But other people riding with me think I'm "scary". They can't really tell if I'm paying attention or not. But I am. It's just I space out while driving and go on autopilot.. and they think I've actually spaced completely out.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

If you tell me to take you somewhere, you will get there. Dead or alive.

MBTI
    INFP

I am a good driver when I am alone. Hard for me to drive with others in my truck though.

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    So what if this thread is in the NF section.... it says nothing about NO NTs RESPOND!

I've been driving for 9 years, I've totalled 2 cars and drove another into the ground. However, I also drive the average of 600 or so miles in a week, so I think I'm doing fairly well by keeping the number that low
    Yeah, I should have posted this somewhere else, since it wasn't intended to be NF specific.

A guy I know at work, has totalled three cars and a truck. He was 24 at the time, I mean when he told me this. He drove one into a river, wrapped one around a tree, and flew one off a 20 foot drop. I can't remember what he did with the truck.

But yeah, he is a package delivery guy now, who drives a big ass truck.

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

Quote Originally Posted by JRT View Post
    Well i'm from New England and we supposedly have the worst drivers in the country.. however I consider myself a good driver. My only downfall is the damn speed traps I tend to get alot of speeding tickets I always avoid close calls I think it's because I have quick repsonse times. My favorite state to drive in is Massachusetts I love crossing the border because I can go 90 and I know no one is gonna pull me over and you can drive in the breakdown lane
    I wish I had quicker response time. Especially when it comes to honking. For some reason I am on a five second time delay, so I usually end up not even honking. If my wife is with me, she will honk for me. haha

I think I'm very lucky to have never had a speeding ticket. I have a hard time doing the limit.

*crosses fingers*

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

They say most folks think they are, but I think I really am. The only accident I've been in was someone else hitting me (rainy roads, gloomy day, congested highway, everyone stopped, she wasn't paying attention until the last moment, tried to avoid me but clipped the right side of my bumper). I get speeding tickets here and there, though--I will admit while my driving abilities are usually sharp, my attitude shifts over time (from conservative/fuel efficiency maximizing habits, to aggressive & forceful driving, including speeding) and seems to oscillate, getting better after I've had my 2nd ticket in 2 years or so I've never wrecked a car and I've narrowly avoided some close ones before. I drive a lot though, so I have plenty of practice--my workplace is ~45mi away and I usually put ~35K miles a year on my car. I also prefer driving manual transmission... that gives you a more "intimate" feel of the mechanics of driving Oh, and All-Wheel-Drive for the fucking win. Most folks tell me they feel comfortable/safe with me driving, especially in contrast to some of my friends.

Winter driving always puts me on edge but I have enough experience and knowledge of all the mechanics involved to negotiate it.

Motorcycling, OTOH... I'm OK at it, wouldn't call myself "good" though. I think I tend to fall into a pattern of aggressive riding and that is *not* cool. I wouldn't consider myself "good" at motorcycling until I've tried a multitude of bikes (I've only rode a maxi-scooter so far on the highway, and a small starter bike during the Motorcycle Safety course) and rode with passengers on the back for a while. Maybe someday.

Wouldn't mind learning how to drive a racecar though I think that would be a lot of fun for me.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so