Thread: Clumsiness

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Red face Clumsiness

Do any other NFs find themselves more clumsy than others?

I'm extremely ungraceful/uncoordinated/unbalanced/clumsy (whatever you want to call it) and find myself tripping, falling, slipping, etc. on a regular basis.

I was thinking this could be attributed to lack of living in the present we seem to have. Ni more so than Ne, maybe? We are the idealist dreamers.

Or could this just be more of an I rather than E thing? Or maybe it has nothing to do with any of the functions, if so then sorry for wasting time, and I'm just a sad person who is in definite need of some balancing lessons. Dance, maybe?
    Come to the edge, he said,
    They said:
    We are afraid
    Come to the edge, he said.
    They came,
    He pushed them,
    and
    they flew.
    -Guillaume Apollinaire

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I find during things I'm adept at, I'm okay. But I am clumsy. I frequently roll my ankle, or slip down stairs, or things like this. I must have hit my head a billion times on my HWMMV.. making me realize I HAD to wear my helmet before ever stepping foot near the vehicle.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I was constantly running into things when I was a teenager. Even running into corners of walls when I would turn a corner and catch my hip bone.

I also fall UP the stairs. I would love to know if anyone else does that maneuver.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I also fall UP the stairs. I would love to know if anyone else does that maneuver.
    I do this constantly! Don't worry, you're not alone. I don't even know how I manage it. I have two left feet, haha.

Also, this is quite funny, and I have no idea how I can have such bad luck with this. Once, in middle school, we were having gym class. It was mandatory to run laps around the field as a warm up before every class. So there I was, running, uncoordinatedly, around the field. I was off in my own thoughts (like usual) and BAM! I was on the ground. I had ran straight into one of the poles for the soccer post thingy. Out of the hundreds of feet I had available to me, subconsciously I found the only 4 inches around that could injure me, yay....

I also can't play sports to save my life, and have been hit on the head countless times with whatever utensil is needed to play a given sport. Tennis balls, baseballs, soccer balls, basket balls, golf balls (this one wasn't my head - back), footballs, even a hockey puck. It's almost as if whatever could hurt me, if it's around, magnetically finds itself called to me at an alarming pace.
    Come to the edge, he said,
    They said:
    We are afraid
    Come to the edge, he said.
    They came,
    He pushed them,
    and
    they flew.
    -Guillaume Apollinaire

ThatGirl

take ballet

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I was constantly running into things when I was a teenager. Even running into corners of walls when I would turn a corner and catch my hip bone.

Hooray for clumsy people. I have fallen up the stairs more than my fair share of times. People generally give me a strange look and ask if I meant I fell 'down' the steps and I immediately correct them. "Nope, I'm pretty sure it was up." Of course, my friends believe me and they find my bouts of uncoordination pretty amusing.

Just last night, for instance, I was put in charge of carrying the pizza out of the pizza place and I proceeded to catch the corner of the largest box on the door frame [I thought I'd given myself enough leeway...] and wound up smashing my arm and chest into the other end. My friend thought it was pretty funny...I'm glad I've learned how to laugh at myself. It's not the worst that has happened- there are days when I think it's not safe to even move at all- and other days where I've gone so long without tripping or running into something that I wonder if I've stumbled into some parallel universe where I'm not clumsy... and then I promptly stub my toe on the corner of my desk.
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

My NF mom is the clumsiest person I've ever met. But I know some coordinated NFs, too. I dunno.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

NF sister is the clumsiest person I know

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

there are two people at my work who are very clumsy.. they bump into things a lot and knock things down..

they are both enfp's. (and overweight so its easier to bump things)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yes. For example today I walked into a parked car, but I attribute this to inferior Se. I was reading in an enneagram book that 4s (which is the majority of INFJs) have the underlying issue of feeling they have no identity/feeling lost, and this sometimes even manifests itself in a tendency to lose direction in the physical environment. It also said 4s are prone to feel dizzy.