• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Clumsiness

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I'm only clumsy for a few days out of the month, when the painters are visiting. Then I swear I can walk in a shop and have things just fall to either side of me whilst I walk down the aisle leaving a messy trail behind me.

For the rest of the month I am not a danger to other people. :cheese:

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?
lol my friend is an INFP and she's always tripping or something..she told me one day her dog ran behind her and knocked her down the stairs. I couldn't help but laugh. And she works outdoors too and she's always falling on rocks. I never really thought of this being an NF thing!

I remember once in the library in college, my bag got tangled, with the chair leg and my leg as I started to stand up. The chair fell down first and I fell down in slow motion, that was embarrassing, it took ages for my friend to stop laughing, said he'd never seen such a funny scene in his life. :D

Lozzy

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I constantly trip on things, especially when I'm lost in thought (which is fairly frequent). I'm also prone to falling up stairs too. My nan always tells me it means I'm going to get married soon (old wives thing, my nan is FULL of them). I can be quite coordinated if I put my mind to it though, I think it's just my default setting is blissful unawareness of my surroundings.

I do have friends worse than me though; I used to have to keep constant tabs on one of my old friends whenever he'd visit, because he'd reliably knock over his coffee every single time he was at my place. He just had zero awareness that he was in control of his limbs. :D I'm not so sure about his type, I haven't really got the whole typing other people thing down yet... :shock: Maybe xNFP.

bronte

MBTI Type
infp
I'm only clumsy for a few days out of the month, when the painters are visiting. Then I swear I can walk in a shop and have things just fall to either side of me whilst I walk down the aisle leaving a messy trail behind me.

Well put! I'm particularly clumsy then but generally pretty clumsy anyway - better now than as a kid when i could barely walk straight!:blush:

Thinkerninja

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I find on side walks half the time I have to battle people for directions.
I half-trip on stairs, footpaths and imaginary objects.

paradox fox

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
When I was in theater in school, there was only me and like 3 other people who just couldn't wrap our heads around dancing and learning the choreography. People said I move well though, whatever that means. I think they were just trying not to hurt my feelings, haha.

I do like dancing, even though I'm no good at choreography. The thing is, they just don't teach my kind of dancing anywhere! That's how I look at it!

And yes, I constantly bump into things, knock things over, my feet give way (especially in heels), but I hardly ever fall flat on my backside. High five on the falling up the stairs, I do this all the time!

Oddly enough, I've been doing sports with my friends lately, and I find I catch on really quick. Especially snowboarding and rock climbing. But Dance Dance Revolution? Colossal FAIL.

I don't get lost very easily. I know my neighborhood pretty well, and I know several ways to get to certain places because of the work I do. (Picking the fastest way when other people are around, however, is usually near impossible.) I attribute it to good Si. Even when I was a kid I'd always be looking out the car windows, asking what the signs mean, looking at the scenery, whereas my brother even to this day has no clue about any of that. Good thing he doesn't drive.

Along with that, do you find bruises all over yourself and you have no idea how they got there?

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Oh yes, I get excited and completely lose my proprioception. I can't tell you how many times I've accidently knee'd my S.O. in the balls or the eye or the gut. He likens me to a jackovasaur: Sitcom - Clips - South Park Studios

I really don't see this as an mbti type thing... more of an absentminded thing.

Last edited:

sculpting

horribly clumsy and uncoordinated. I hit my hands on walls and doors all of the time. I also fall off of curbs and trip down stairs.

However once I develop muscle memory for a skill-like martial arts or yoga-I will actually be much better at it than most other people.

My mom laughed when I started waiting tables. She said I was going to be a disaster.

Instead my coworkers said they loved to watch me. They said I danced from table to table like it was some sort of ballet and I was very graceful. Same sort of thing with martial arts and with riding horses.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh goodness, this sounds familiar with clumsiness. I could be in the moment where I'm graceful, and I get so lost in my own thoughts that I become unaware of the space around me and WHACK!, I bump into things.

I've been trying to hone in the Se function a bit more so then I'm with it.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Do any other NFs find themselves more clumsy than others?

I'm extremely ungraceful/uncoordinated/unbalanced/clumsy (whatever you want to call it) and find myself tripping, falling, slipping, etc. on a regular basis.

I was thinking this could be attributed to lack of living in the present we seem to have. Ni more so than Ne, maybe? We are the idealist dreamers. :D

Or could this just be more of an I rather than E thing? Or maybe it has nothing to do with any of the functions, if so then sorry for wasting time, and I'm just a sad person who is in definite need of some balancing lessons. Dance, maybe?
:moonwalk:
VERY clumsy. I am usually so far into my own head that I don't realize my environment. I miss exits on the highway due to being lost in thought constantly, I tried to be a carpenter but I couldn't visualize shapes, systems or anything. I am way too big picture, I am looking for why, not how. I cant remember how to change my oil let alone the break pads. Ive seen it done a million times! I just am not inclined to the physical world.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I used to be much clumsier when I was younger, actually. I'm not bad these days (certainly I knock over drinks, and that sort of thing, much less than I used to!)

I am tall (6 feet) and occasionally lose my balance for no reason at all. :D I think this is generally a bit more likely when you are tall (center of gravity...hm.) Although I've never been "athletic", I think I was lucky when I was younger to at least dabble in various sports - skiing, riding, skating, etc - that probably helped to a certain extent.

But I wouldn't call myself "coordinated." I don't think I'm even very dexterous - except in two things: typing, and playing the piano. I can type about 90 wpm with 100% accuracy - but I do make mistakes, I just correct them quickly :D I played piano from the age of 7 and that probably helped very much with the typing. Though, with the piano, I was always quite good in terms of being an expressive player - in terms of accuracy, especially in fast pieces, not so much! You can't "correct" in music the way you can in typing...

I'm ok at dancing if it's just doing my own thing and shaking it on the dance floor to a favourite tune. If I have to dance with another person - or try to do prescribed steps - not so much. :blush:

Ouroboros

MBTI Type
INFP
I used to be more clumsy. When I thought about this question, I realized I don't have more mishaps because I sometimes exaggerate the amount of care needed for things like stepping onto a sidewalk. I'm afraid in my clumsiness I'll take a tumble down the stairs and break my neck. Over the years, I've learned to try being careful. I can fall up stairs and down stairs, trip on level ground and my own feet, accidentally hit a post or myself (?!), and walk into stationary objects no matter how large and obvious they are. I'll put something delicate in a really stupid place and think to myself, "I know it's there, so I won't break it" and not more than three minutes later hear an ominous cracking sound.

None of my other family members or friends seem to have this problem. In fact, my family likes to throw things "to" me even though they know I can't catch. Oh well, as long as I'm not falling down the stairs, I'm happy. :rolli:

ilovelurking

MBTI Type
INFJ
I can fall up the stairs, stub my teeny-weeny toe at the corner of the bed, knock my head somehow somewhere and so much more! I swear if I live in the States, someone could've sent a video to The American's Funniest Home Videos!

I used to trip over my left foot alot, too.

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
I'm not sure of my type yet...but am definitely clumsy...like I'm on another planet most of the time. I have horrible spatial skills too! The only time I'm gracefull is when I do ballet stretches...just don't ak me to actually dance... lol

I broke my ankle doing jumping jacks to jazzercise on TV as a kid. I landed on my ankle when I came down somehow.....sprained each ankle once doing some kind of dance/jumping thing, fell up the stairs once in junior high, and I run into things on a daily basis. I guess I'm always somewhere else?? :)

MrRandom88

MBTI Type
INFP
Always feel a little retarded when my shoulder catches the side of my rooms doorway...when it happens I just tell myself "who builds these things like this?"

reminds me of another story where I was in my familys kitchen and I was cracking an egg and when I screwed up cracking it I blamed the egg and my dad started laughing.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When Domino and I were little, we both ran down the hall to see my father, tripped on the edge of the floor heater grate ( which was one of those giant oil furnace grates ) at exactly the same time, hit the floor on our chests and slid in unison down the hallway and smacked our heads simultaneously on the leg of my grandfather's enormous desk. We both had matching knots on the sides of our heads - my INFJ father looked at us with alarm and exasperation. It's his NF fault. :D

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
Always feel a little retarded when my shoulder catches the side of my rooms doorway...when it happens I just tell myself "who builds these things like this?"

reminds me of another story where I was in my familys kitchen and I was cracking an egg and when I screwed up cracking it I blamed the egg and my dad started laughing.

That's so me!! We had this plastic attachment to the open doorway of our kitchen. I made it come off cause I ran into so often! :blush: lol

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
Clumsy is my first name. And my second name is forgetfulness. Anyway, I can't count the times I knock my cup of water off my night table. I have to be careful how I walk down steps or I will fall.