User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Clumsiness

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Do any other NFs find themselves more clumsy than others?

I'm extremely ungraceful/uncoordinated/unbalanced/clumsy (whatever you want to call it) and find myself tripping, falling, slipping, etc. on a regular basis.

I was thinking this could be attributed to lack of living in the present we seem to have. Ni more so than Ne, maybe? We are the idealist dreamers.

Or could this just be more of an I rather than E thing? Or maybe it has nothing to do with any of the functions, if so then sorry for wasting time, and I'm just a sad person who is in definite need of some balancing lessons. Dance, maybe?
    VERY clumsy. I am usually so far into my own head that I don't realize my environment. I miss exits on the highway due to being lost in thought constantly, I tried to be a carpenter but I couldn't visualize shapes, systems or anything. I am way too big picture, I am looking for why, not how. I cant remember how to change my oil let alone the break pads. Ive seen it done a million times! I just am not inclined to the physical world.
    Ground control to Major Tom

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think I used to be much clumsier when I was younger, actually. I'm not bad these days (certainly I knock over drinks, and that sort of thing, much less than I used to!)

I am tall (6 feet) and occasionally lose my balance for no reason at all. I think this is generally a bit more likely when you are tall (center of gravity...hm.) Although I've never been "athletic", I think I was lucky when I was younger to at least dabble in various sports - skiing, riding, skating, etc - that probably helped to a certain extent.

But I wouldn't call myself "coordinated." I don't think I'm even very dexterous - except in two things: typing, and playing the piano. I can type about 90 wpm with 100% accuracy - but I do make mistakes, I just correct them quickly I played piano from the age of 7 and that probably helped very much with the typing. Though, with the piano, I was always quite good in terms of being an expressive player - in terms of accuracy, especially in fast pieces, not so much! You can't "correct" in music the way you can in typing...

I'm ok at dancing if it's just doing my own thing and shaking it on the dance floor to a favourite tune. If I have to dance with another person - or try to do prescribed steps - not so much.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFP

I used to be more clumsy. When I thought about this question, I realized I don't have more mishaps because I sometimes exaggerate the amount of care needed for things like stepping onto a sidewalk. I'm afraid in my clumsiness I'll take a tumble down the stairs and break my neck. Over the years, I've learned to try being careful. I can fall up stairs and down stairs, trip on level ground and my own feet, accidentally hit a post or myself (?!), and walk into stationary objects no matter how large and obvious they are. I'll put something delicate in a really stupid place and think to myself, "I know it's there, so I won't break it" and not more than three minutes later hear an ominous cracking sound.

None of my other family members or friends seem to have this problem. In fact, my family likes to throw things "to" me even though they know I can't catch. Oh well, as long as I'm not falling down the stairs, I'm happy. :rolli:

MBTI
    INFJ

I can fall up the stairs, stub my teeny-weeny toe at the corner of the bed, knock my head somehow somewhere and so much more! I swear if I live in the States, someone could've sent a video to The American's Funniest Home Videos!

I used to trip over my left foot alot, too.

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

I'm not sure of my type yet...but am definitely clumsy...like I'm on another planet most of the time. I have horrible spatial skills too! The only time I'm gracefull is when I do ballet stretches...just don't ak me to actually dance... lol

I broke my ankle doing jumping jacks to jazzercise on TV as a kid. I landed on my ankle when I came down somehow.....sprained each ankle once doing some kind of dance/jumping thing, fell up the stairs once in junior high, and I run into things on a daily basis. I guess I'm always somewhere else??

MBTI
    INFP

Always feel a little retarded when my shoulder catches the side of my rooms doorway...when it happens I just tell myself "who builds these things like this?"

reminds me of another story where I was in my familys kitchen and I was cracking an egg and when I screwed up cracking it I blamed the egg and my dad started laughing.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

When Domino and I were little, we both ran down the hall to see my father, tripped on the edge of the floor heater grate ( which was one of those giant oil furnace grates ) at exactly the same time, hit the floor on our chests and slid in unison down the hallway and smacked our heads simultaneously on the leg of my grandfather's enormous desk. We both had matching knots on the sides of our heads - my INFJ father looked at us with alarm and exasperation. It's his NF fault.

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by MrRandom88 View Post
    Always feel a little retarded when my shoulder catches the side of my rooms doorway...when it happens I just tell myself "who builds these things like this?"

reminds me of another story where I was in my familys kitchen and I was cracking an egg and when I screwed up cracking it I blamed the egg and my dad started laughing.
    That's so me!! We had this plastic attachment to the open doorway of our kitchen. I made it come off cause I ran into so often! lol

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

YES.

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Clumsy is my first name. And my second name is forgetfulness. Anyway, I can't count the times I knock my cup of water off my night table. I have to be careful how I walk down steps or I will fall.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath