User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Clumsiness

MBTI
    infp

I'm only clumsy for a few days out of the month, when the painters are visiting. Then I swear I can walk in a shop and have things just fall to either side of me whilst I walk down the aisle leaving a messy trail behind me.

For the rest of the month I am not a danger to other people.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by JRT View Post
    lol my friend is an INFP and she's always tripping or something..she told me one day her dog ran behind her and knocked her down the stairs. I couldn't help but laugh. And she works outdoors too and she's always falling on rocks. I never really thought of this being an NF thing!
    I remember once in the library in college, my bag got tangled, with the chair leg and my leg as I started to stand up. The chair fell down first and I fell down in slow motion, that was embarrassing, it took ages for my friend to stop laughing, said he'd never seen such a funny scene in his life.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I constantly trip on things, especially when I'm lost in thought (which is fairly frequent). I'm also prone to falling up stairs too. My nan always tells me it means I'm going to get married soon (old wives thing, my nan is FULL of them). I can be quite coordinated if I put my mind to it though, I think it's just my default setting is blissful unawareness of my surroundings.

I do have friends worse than me though; I used to have to keep constant tabs on one of my old friends whenever he'd visit, because he'd reliably knock over his coffee every single time he was at my place. He just had zero awareness that he was in control of his limbs. I'm not so sure about his type, I haven't really got the whole typing other people thing down yet... Maybe xNFP.
    We don't need reason and we don't need logic, 'cause we've got feeling and we're damn proud of it!

Speeding Motorcycle - Daniel Johnston

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    I'm only clumsy for a few days out of the month, when the painters are visiting. Then I swear I can walk in a shop and have things just fall to either side of me whilst I walk down the aisle leaving a messy trail behind me.
    Well put! I'm particularly clumsy then but generally pretty clumsy anyway - better now than as a kid when i could barely walk straight!
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I'm mentally clumsy..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I find on side walks half the time I have to battle people for directions.
    I half-trip on stairs, footpaths and imaginary objects.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

When I was in theater in school, there was only me and like 3 other people who just couldn't wrap our heads around dancing and learning the choreography. People said I move well though, whatever that means. I think they were just trying not to hurt my feelings, haha.

I do like dancing, even though I'm no good at choreography. The thing is, they just don't teach my kind of dancing anywhere! That's how I look at it!

And yes, I constantly bump into things, knock things over, my feet give way (especially in heels), but I hardly ever fall flat on my backside. High five on the falling up the stairs, I do this all the time!

Oddly enough, I've been doing sports with my friends lately, and I find I catch on really quick. Especially snowboarding and rock climbing. But Dance Dance Revolution? Colossal FAIL.

I don't get lost very easily. I know my neighborhood pretty well, and I know several ways to get to certain places because of the work I do. (Picking the fastest way when other people are around, however, is usually near impossible.) I attribute it to good Si. Even when I was a kid I'd always be looking out the car windows, asking what the signs mean, looking at the scenery, whereas my brother even to this day has no clue about any of that. Good thing he doesn't drive.

Along with that, do you find bruises all over yourself and you have no idea how they got there?
    Just because I'm an INFP doesn't mean I'm emo!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Oh yes, I get excited and completely lose my proprioception. I can't tell you how many times I've accidently knee'd my S.O. in the balls or the eye or the gut. He likens me to a jackovasaur: Sitcom - Clips - South Park Studios

I really don't see this as an mbti type thing... more of an absentminded thing.
    Last edited by phoenix13; 04-01-2010 at 10:17 PM.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

horribly clumsy and uncoordinated. I hit my hands on walls and doors all of the time. I also fall off of curbs and trip down stairs.

However once I develop muscle memory for a skill-like martial arts or yoga-I will actually be much better at it than most other people.

My mom laughed when I started waiting tables. She said I was going to be a disaster.

Instead my coworkers said they loved to watch me. They said I danced from table to table like it was some sort of ballet and I was very graceful. Same sort of thing with martial arts and with riding horses.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Oh goodness, this sounds familiar with clumsiness. I could be in the moment where I'm graceful, and I get so lost in my own thoughts that I become unaware of the space around me and WHACK!, I bump into things.

I've been trying to hone in the Se function a bit more so then I'm with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche