User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 53

  1. #31
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I know that there are unwritten rules in this kind of things and I know them.
    It is just that I don't see why people hold them as sacred and I have even warned them about my tendencys.


    I am not sure that this is smoothering things in my situation since if I trully say what I mean about something or some earthly topic people will find it conrtoversial or shocking. So I am unable to just chat and be myself. So I have to filter everthing.


    Yes and if you had me be myself in conversation without adhering to those social rules, I'd be a lot more pushy and in your comfort zone, a lot more in your face, physically touching you, hugging you and giggling your ears off while running circles around you, not to mention constantly letting my Ne off the leash and therefore jumping from one topic to the other every 2 seconds, making every weird association I could think of and talking your ears of and be bluntly honest about everything you asked, even if you really don't wanna know the answer. Social convention tells me not to do so, and to first check if the person is ok with those attitudes. If not, then I know that social convention is the way to go, however boring and stiffling that is. And even if it is acceptable to the person..I still tone it down and slowely dial up, to see what their limit is. The same applies to you, I fear
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  2. #32
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    No, Amargith's right. It's just like in mathematics. There are symbols and methods that mathematicians have all agreed to use--not because that's the only way (there are other possible systems of symbols), but because it makes interaction and communication faster and less complicated with a uniform system. It's how languages were "invented" in the first place, I think.

    Otherwise, we would have to build a new system of communication for each person we meet. To some extent, we already do this, but it's convenient to minimize the number of adjustments needed.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 12-25-2008 at 12:17 PM. Reason: conclusion
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  3. #33
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    +1 for explaining it in his T language
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  4. #34
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    Blame their primitive brains, not the individuals.
    Why do you think that I blame someone?
    I am just point at a fact that there are problems in communication between me and others. Which is because it is impossible to get me excited with some simple life pleasures.

  5. #35
    jump sleuthiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Why do you think that I blame someone?
    I am just point at a fact that there are problems in communication between me and others. Which is because it is impossible to get me excited with some simple life pleasures.
    Are you referring to greetings or having sex?

  6. #36
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    +1 for explaining it in his T language
    Did he?


    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Yes and if you had me be myself in conversation without adhering to those social rules, I'd be a lot more pushy and in your comfort zone, a lot more in your face, physically touching you, hugging you and giggling your ears off while running circles around you, not to mention constantly letting my Ne off the leash and therefore jumping from one topic to the other every 2 seconds, making every weird association I could think of and talking your ears of and be bluntly honest about everything you asked, even if you really don't wanna know the answer. Social convention tells me not to do so, and to first check if the person is ok with those attitudes. If not, then I know that social convention is the way to go, however boring and stiffling that is. And even if it is acceptable to the person..I still tone it down and slowely dial up, to see what their limit is. The same applies to you, I fear
    To tell you the truth I think you are overrecting just to prove some point.
    I was talking about the right to say "I don't care" or to explain myself and my position about the topic.
    Believe me, I never ask questions if I don't want to know the answer and I think this world need more bluntness.

    In a case you don't know you are talking to a guy who used to take his cloths of and walk around his school like that during a brake just for the sake of controversy.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    No, Amargith's right. It's just like in mathematics. There are symbols and methods that mathematicians have all agreed to use--not because that's the only way (there are other possible systems of symbols), but because it makes interaction and communication faster and less complicated with a uniform system. It's how languages were "invented" in the first place, I think.

    Otherwise, we would have to build a new system of communication for each person we meet. To some extent, we already do this, but it's convenient to minimize the number of adjustments needed.
    True, but from my perspective this looks like the number of symbols and rules are forbiden because they undermine somebodys work for which he/she supposed to get some kind of a reward.
    They are showing the nonsense of that persons argument.

  7. #37
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    To tell you the truth I think you are overrecting just to prove some point.
    I was talking about the right to say "I don't care" or to explain myself and my position about the topic.
    Believe me, I never ask questions if I don't want to know the answer and I think this world need more bluntness.

    In a case you don't know you are talking to a guy who you used to take his cloths of and walk around his school like that during a brake just for the sake of controversy.
    LOL, and yet somehow you managed to miss my point, I think. Us talking one on one might still work, even though we don't do social conventions. You'd most likely get annoyed at my flightiness a bit, and at my overemotional responses, and I would probably occasionally get annoyed at your overuse of logic on everything. We both appreciate bluntness, so it wouldn't be a problem. I doubt we'd keep talking for long though. But put us in a group with people who aren't that keen on bluntness, and it will go wrong. On both fronts. Hence, you need social conventions in order to be able to convey your msg to other people in the group. And possibly the fact that you don't consider feelings important and therefore dismiss them, is what makes people not accept whatever you have to say that is actually quite interesting, because it hurts them to listen to you. I'm not saying you need to go all emo, but a bit of warmth goes a long way
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  8. #38
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    LOL, and yet somehow you managed to miss my point, I think. Us talking one on one might still work, even though we don't do social conventions. You'd most likely get annoyed at my flightiness a bit, and at my overemotional responses, and I would probably occasionally get annoyed at your overuse of logic on everything. We both appreciate bluntness, so it wouldn't be a problem. I doubt we'd keep talking for long though. But put us in a group with people who aren't that keen on bluntness, and it will go wrong. On both fronts. Hence, you need social conventions in order to be able to convey your msg to other people in the group. And possibly the fact that you don't consider feelings important and therefore dismiss them, is what makes people not accept whatever you have to say that is actually quite interesting, because it hurts them to listen to you. I'm not saying you need to go all emo, but a bit of warmth goes a long way
    I understand your point perfectly. I had this kinds of conversations many times before this one.
    What I am saying is that agreeing with someone just to make them comfortable is nonsense by my opinion. In a case that it is touchy feely thing then I can understand. But I think that plenty of people are totally blinded by social norms. I could talk more about this.


    As for my striptease, I did that couple of times to freak people out. When I turned 10 I stoped with this kind of behaviour. It was not funny any more.

  9. #39
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    But I think that plenty of people are totally blinded by social norms.
    Is that your central point?
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  10. #40
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Is that your central point?
    This thread has many topics in itself so there is no something that is central argument. But this surely isone of the key parts. I am listening if you have something to say.


    Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    Are you referring to greetings or having sex?
    I am not 100% sure at what you are shooting at here.

Similar Threads

  1. standards of other people
    By INTP in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 09:11 AM
  2. Who is paranoid of other people's functions?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 10:54 PM
  3. [NF] NFs and feelings of other people
    By Virtual ghost in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 12:34 PM
  4. High T and emotions of other people.
    By Virtual ghost in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 08:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO