User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Hm.. I don't like to hurt people's feelings mostly because, if I do, I worry about it. Especially people I'm close to; or even someone I used to be close to. I worry about it.

And here's why: If I know (or could possibly expect) I did something that REALLY REALLY hurt someone (or failed to meet up to my own standards), then I will recall it at a later date and I WILL replay the situation in my head, and I will punish myself for it again, try as I might not to. I'm not just talking something that happened last week; I often beat myself up for something I said nearly 7 years ago in high school.

I've done some reading on the subject, and apparently it's my Enneagram Type that causes this sort of behavior. 9's feel that when we break the peace, we've done something horrible and upset our own balance. That means that we punish ourselves over it again and again, because we shouldn't have caused the conflict that we created. INFP + 9 = somewhat neurotic about being nice to people and living up to "ethical standards." Though I still mess up occasionally, I've learned to let go a little better now that I'm an RA. You have to. People get mad at you for things all the time, and you just have to grit your teeth and move on.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Not only can you actually control your sword and aim straight for the heart, you can also get the opposing knight to shed his armor to make the job even easier.

You guys know how to get people to become vulnerable and open up to you instantly, somehow.
    I know. I don't think it is intentional though, it just happens. Think half the time we are just used to it happening and don't even notice.

I had to chat to people while they waited for job interviews a few weeks back and think I managed to know their whole job history, current mental state and happiness with work, what they wanted out of the job, what they thought of the job they were applying for, what they thought of the field they were going to be working in and what they disapproved of in it, etc., all in about 5 minutes, and I was just having friendly conversation to pass the time. And that was just the factual stuff which I got told directly. The other stuff read from conversation was endless, ie. competence in the field, clarity of thought, etc. Funny thing was, I had nothing to do with the job interview, I was just welcoming party because someone thought I'd be good to keep them amused by talking (who would've thought ). And they probably said far less to the interviewers when they got in there.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Why do you so much care not to hurt someone, that you will even put some bigger things in a risky situation?

Do you do it because you know how would you feel in their situation and base desicion on that?

Why would you find nonemotional reaction in highly emotion situations disturbing? From what I have seen Fs have this tendency and exactly in this kind of situations you can see how much T I am.
    Yes, to a degree. I try to keep my emotions under control and as rational as possible. If people around me begin to act irrational through emotions I tend to stay calm, though I do have a good grasp on the spectrum of emotions so I do get that certain people need to react like a sudden spark to minuscule changes in their environment. What I don't understand is why people get upset because I don't react to their emotional outbursts in any or a positive way. Why is it my fault? I don't get it. I like talking with both Ts and very rational Fs. The rest can hit the road, jack.

And why is it assumed that it is a common INFP trait to be a dainty little girly? Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Yes, I do it because I know how I would feel in their shoes, I hate feeling emotional hurt and if I can protect someone against that I will try my hardest, even so far as putting myself in miserable situations that cause me emotional pain, I mean less so now because now I try to protect myself first, but I used to be overly sacrificing to protect anothers emotions.

At least now I know that some people can handle it better than I can, so I can step back and place more value on my own feelings these days.

I have to admit, before type awareness I did used to think "how can that person be so cold about this" in a situation that was emotionally charged. I wish I knew then what I know now because I would have kept some freinds who came off as cold, because I would have understood why they did it better.

Now I find myself explaining their behaviour to others who are baffled when they see it, and making them aware that some people process emotions differently.

It has really helped me to understand that behaviour which actually protects me from feeling unnecessary emotional hurt myself.

This crazy world of feelings huh?
    With this we are coming to the real purpose of this thread.
    I know this story just from the oppsite side.

I usually say to people that they don't have to take care of my emotions and that they can be direct about it .

But they don't listen to that and they still prefer classical methods in dealing with me and they will make many kinds of sacrifices.

What then leads to a situation that they get hurt simply because I don't value their sacrifice and I am the cold hearted son of a bitch that does not have any respect for their feelings.
    But I made it clear from the start how will I act and that all the little things people care so much in life and which makes them act like this are totally irelevent to me. (I stand by this words)

So to avoid the drama I have started to fake that I actually care to solve this problem.

Do people do this simply because they have a hard time to imagine what is happening in my head?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

There are certain 'unwritten' rules about interaction with others. Failure to follow procedure confuses and hurts people as they cannot understand why you wouldn't adhere to them. Even if you warn them about it
    And btw, those social conventions are there for a reason (though I sometimes also roll my eyes at them). They're there to smooth interaction between different kind of people out. It's highly inefficient to constantly be debating what you meant by that statement and why you expressed it that way. Use the conventional method and everyone will sort of get it.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    There are certain 'unwritten' rules about interaction with others. Failure to follow procedure confuses and hurts people as they cannot understand why you wouldn't adhere to them. Even if you warn them about it
    And btw, those social conventions are there for a reason (though I sometimes also roll my eyes at them). They're there to smooth interaction between different kind of people out. It's highly inefficient to constantly be debating what you meant by that statement and why you expressed it that way. Use the conventional method and everyone will sort of get it.
    What is the conventional method, I am just trying to understand, so I know in the future.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

LOL, observe people in group, and you will know
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ?

LOL, observe people in group, and you will know
    Fine, hehe. :P All I ask is please don't think everything is a communication. I hope thats things are ok if Ive done such things.

I know that there are unwritten rules in this kind of things and I know them.
    It is just that I don't see why people hold them as sacred and I have even warned them about my tendencys.

I am not sure that this is smoothering things in my situation since if I trully say what I mean about something or some earthly topic people will find it conrtoversial or shocking. So I am unable to just chat and be myself and I have to filter everthing because of this.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Blame their primitive brains, not the individuals.