User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: NFJ's superior?

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    OK I have no problem with this, I'm just curious why you cut my whole post out and focused on that section of it to make the comments you did (queen beeism and the like).
    The whole post just brought back ugh type memories of groups and group politics and the like. It is me, not you.

I don't mind doing my part in the scheme of life but oh how I hate dealing with people in groups.

Jung's The Undiscovered Self is just about my favorite book.

MBTI
    INFP

From what I know from one ENFJ, who I have known/dated for three years, he had a hard time delegating. He'd rather jump in and do the work himself because he figured no one else would. But he is also a highly motivated person, very hard working compared to his peers. Once his superiors told him to delegate the responsibilities to his junior Marines, he finally did, and was effective. He made sure not to come off as overbearing, but he was assertive. He only had to have one conversation with his Marines before they started becoming much more productive, actively learning more about their job.

I think this talk about group work is interesting. I have always hated doing group projects in college for two reasons. On one hand, I hated it because I knew there was going to be ONE person who wouldn't do their part and we'd have to work that much harder to make up for it. However, as much as I wanted to, I didn't feel comfortable stepping up and "taking charge" of the situation. And even when I thought the others had awful ideas, I just went along with whatever they did. I've gotten better over time, learning how to assert myself and sway the group toward what I want to do. But I still won't be so direct as to say, "hey, scratch your idea, this will work better. Hey you, you'll work on this, and you, you'll be doing this." I just can't do that.

I have a hard time telling anyone to do anything. I'd rather just...ask nicely, lol.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Though it may not represent leadership across the board, INTJs are the most over-represented leadership type, followed by ENTJs.
    ...really? Wow. I had always assumed it would be ENTJs. We INTJs are hampered by our need for LOADS of alone time.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    ...really? Wow. I had always assumed it would be ENTJs. We INTJs are hampered by our need for LOADS of alone time.
    Well, at the senior management/CEO level, you guys make up about 1-5% of the population but are in excess of 15% of the positions. ENTJs are the next highest (also 1-5%ish and 9%). From memory, since the book is at work. (Type Talk at Work).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Well, at the senior management/CEO level, you guys make up about 1-5% of the population but are in excess of 15% of the positions. ENTJs are the next highest (also 1-5%ish and 9%). From memory, since the book is at work. (Type Talk at Work).
    I guess that just shows the extent to which we're willing to go for the sake of getting a private office!
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I have heard that ENTJs actually need some alone time. Maybe these people are mislabeled as INTJs?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I don't really think you can say one type makes the best leader, unless you first define leader. Then second you must define what makes a leader the best.

Is an ISTP quarterback that leads his team to win the superbowl a great leader?

What about an ISFJ head nurse that keeps everyone on track while also making sure patients get the best bedside manner?

Could Einstein be considered a leader? (As in he is a leader in modern science.)

Could Micheal Moore be considered a leader? (As in he leads people to consider various political views.)

What makes a leader great? Is it number of followers (then the Pope is near the lead)? Monetary accomplishments (Bill Gates must be near the top)? Physical accomplishments (the Pharoah responsible for the pyramids is near the top)? What about a leader that inspires such loyalty that people will follow him to the gates of hell (Napolean lead his troops to Russia which is pretty much the same thing)?

Could you consider Dr. M. L. King to be a great leader? He might not have accomplished something that you can tangably measure like other leaders, but I think if you polled people on who is a great leader he would be near the top of a whole lot of people's lists.

Basically I think while all types have various strengths and weaknesses when it comes to leadership, you can find great leaders of any type. However, it does depend on how you define leadership.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I have heard that ENTJs actually need some alone time. Maybe these people are mislabeled as INTJs?
    I think that ENTJs are probably the single most mislabeled of the types; in my experience they have a lot of traits commonly associated with introverts. One of the ENTJs I know finds most people petty and annoying and as a result keeps a close circle of friends. He reads a lot, and indeed values his free time, but there's no doubting that his psychological focus is on the outer world.

To put it more succinctly, I think that ENTJs are the least social of all the extraverts, and get mislabeled as INTJs frequently.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I think that ENTJs are probably the single most mislabeled of the types; in my experience they have a lot of traits commonly associated with introverts. One of the ENTJs I know finds most people petty and annoying and as a result keeps a close circle of friends. He reads a lot, and indeed values his free time, but there's no doubting that his psychological focus is on the outer world.

To put it more succinctly, I think that ENTJs are the least social of all the extraverts, and get mislabeled as INTJs frequently.
    I guess that helps since one saying is: "it's lonely at the top"
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

I do think ENFJs make great leaders because they are really charismatic people who draw people to themselves in a genuine way.