User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I live my life in harmony; the yin and the yang. I know NFs are usually optimistic, and see a good in the world...but it doesn't necessarily define me. I accept the terrible things of the world..death, murder, etc., and I accept all of them..I'm completely alright with all of it..because without them, good things wouldn't exist. Without the black, there wouldn't be the white. And I know I should "look on the brightside" and try to find good in all people..but the truth is..this world is a hostile place. I have painted my face black, as the Native Americans did, and I welcome death peacefully.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Great Question, Nolla:
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I live my life in harmony; the yin and the yang. I know NFs are usually optimistic, and see a good in the world...but it doesn't necessarily define me. I accept the terrible things of the world..death, murder, etc., and I accept all of them..I'm completely alright with all of it..because without them, good things wouldn't exist. Without the black, there wouldn't be the white. And I know I should "look on the brightside" and try to find good in all people..but the truth is..this world is a hostile place. I have painted my face black, as the Native Americans did, and I welcome death peacefully.
    I relate to this pretty well. I'm okay with the fact that everything's not always bright, shiny, spewing rainbows.. I'm okay with that. Because in the end, there's always light at the end of the tunnel.

My friend, who's Hindi, told me an old Indian proverb once... I forget exactly how she phrased it.. It goes something a little like this: "When we're born, we try to grasp onto anything. We cry, clench our fists out of our need to control, to understand, to make sense of the world... When we die, our palms are open, we let go..." Beautiful..

I think far too often, as humans, we tend to try to control things too much (especially ESTJs).. but it's good to let go and just go with through the ebb and flow of life. We'll always have our ups and downs, sometimes, more downs than ups, but it's all a part of life.

My personal philosophy, besides what's mentioned above, is to stay true to myself no matter what. I make all of my decisions based on my own personal life philosophy. Even if I had to die, I would sacrifice my life if it meant I had to go against my will to do something I'm totally against.

On the other hand, I know some people who could care less. I think abiding by our own personal life philosophy also relates to how well we know ourselves. It's people who lie to themselves, who tend to go against their own value system. They don't mind being corrupt. They live a sad, bleak, gloomy life that they try to mask with material things (status, monetary possessions, etc). That's just what I think though. No offense to anyone.