First 1234 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I do a lot..I feel extroverted sometimes, yet I don't feel like I am. In other words, I'm not extremely quiet, and I do like to joke around sometimes..but I don't talk about my feelings, and I do keep a lot of my thoughts and opinions inside. If I were to feel like any other type it would be ENFP.
    Hehe, that's why I sometimes doubt my type as well. When I've been hurt by the world, I kinda turn INFP. I lock up my feelings so the rest won't see, and I'll still be sociable, but more silent, less willing to show what's on my mind and worse even, in my heart.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I've tested as INFJ and INFX, but the person I live with now is convinced I am an INFP because he says he can't see any evidence of J-ness. I don't find any description to quite fit. I tend to bounce between the INFJ and INFP descriptions, but am also not a particularly strong F from what I understand of what that means. I also find that people have some conflicting stereotypes between the INFP and INFJ, so it makes it especially unclear. When INFPs are described as more open ended and have trouble making decisions then I think that is the better fit. When INFJs are described as more abstract with a stronger T, then that seems like the one. The poetic justice bit associated with INFJs doesn't fit me very well and neither does being opinionated, but neither does an INFP tendency towards disorganization. It might be that my understanding is incomplete or flawed. I do know myself to be abstract and analytical, and I prefer to keep ideas open-ended. In a certain way I feel like I have two personalities: INTJ and INFP depending on context, and so INFJ seems like the middle road between the two.

Maybe part of the problem here is that people who test INF tend to be fairly self-aware and are more likely to see the limitations of categorizing personality?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Yes, and INFPs often believe they are other types. I think it is because they are so fluid and can easily fit into the style of other types.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Is there anything INFPs don't question about themselves?
    Nope
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

empathy can get so strong that we believe we are more like others around us. The questioning about ourselves is because we are continually trying to hone ourselves to become better than ourselves. Kind of a paradox to others huh?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Definitely common. I thought I might have been INTJ for while, but then I realized it was just an Ni/Te hickup.

It does sadden me when I see a thread where someone is basically celebrating that they are no longer INFP, though. I've seen it a few times here and at INFPgc. I think part of the problem is that some INFPs don't want to be INFP.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Definitely common. I thought I might have been INTJ for while, but then I realized it was just an Ni/Te hickup.

It does sadden me when I see a thread where someone is basically celebrating that they are no longer INFP, though. I've seen it a few times here and at INFPgc. I think part of the problem is that some INFPs don't want to be INFP.
    I've always kind of wanted to be an INFP...their descriptions (sans the illogical stuff) make them seem mystical and deep. And when I first read Mansfield Park, I found the character of Fanny (whom I believe to be an INFP) to be an extremely fascinating and empathetic character. At first I thought it was because I could relate to her, but now I think that it's because I get a weird pleasure from observing INFPs from afar...like their lives are more interesting than my own or something.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP

I was raised very strongly ISTJ and it took quite a while to develop my personality. Being in the working world didn't help the process much as I was driven to succeed so my IXTJ Functioned best in that arena.

I always knew I was an En but didn't know what to make of that. I did my math problems using En which always made it difficult. Understatement of the year. For a while I thought I had a learning disability.

I also wondered why the people around me couldn't understand concepts I was attempting to communicate.

In my thirties I began to wonder if I had MPD! Those first thirty years were difficult.

After raising children and doing some personal therapy I think my my inner child had healed enough and finally gotten permission to surface. Until I understood that she was not allowed to be in charge of my life there were many glitches and poor choices.

I am very solidly INFP now and satisfied with how I'm growing/changing. It was confusing for quite a while until I found some psychological tools to help me frame what I was all about. Once I had a vague outline I felt more affirmed and confident.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENFP

My mom is an INFP who questions her type constantly. She often wonders if she is an ENFP, but I just think she's jealous
    E-1% N-50% F-75% P-67%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    Originally I thought INFJ. Then I tried INFP for awhile there, but too many people keep telling me I'm INFJ or ISFJ. Apparently, INFJ's are a varied type - two INFJ's in the same room can be a stark contrast. I also hear, INFJ's possess the mildest form of Fe and J of all the types which share these functions, which is why INFJ's are so easily mistyped. Perhaps you're an INFJ...
    Mmm, my P is probably my strongest function. followed by N, its my I that I wonder about the most... I do jump from INFP to ENFP depending on the group I'm in I think. If they are people I know very well, then I tend to be more extroverted, but I suppose everybody does that. Anybody else notice such a correlation?

Heck, I love being an INFP! Thats why I was worried! (And probaby will be again, despite the encouraging answers ;P)
    r0wo1 the destroyer of threads has struck again...