User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 84

  1. #1
    Buddhist Misanthrope Samvega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,068

    Default Help me with some INFJ bait...

    So I have used craigslist over the years to buy and sell cars, hire employes and do at least 200 different transactions. I have also used it to a slight degree for my own entertainment/social experiment.

    The last time I did so I put up a very blunt post in the men seeking women section. It was a rant about dating and I walked a line of being a total ass hole. I ended up having no less than 50 people respond to it, a few were to curse me out but mostly they were positive. At the same time I posted another with the same title condemning my other post and stating that while I had all the same qualities I would never be so disrespectful and so on. Of course nobody responded to that post.

    Now to be clear, I am honest about who I am and I am not wasting peoples time for my own enjoyment. If I met the right person this way I would of course be open to a relationship. I responded to everybody including the people that bitched me out. In fact I ended up dating (for a short time) the only girl that was my type and she was one of the girls that emailed me to bash me saying, "You have to be the most conceited man I have ever come across. Im sure you think that is a compliment, let me assure you it's not."

    Anyway, I was in the shower thinking, I wonder if I could come up with a post that would call out any one type. Being an ENTP I could word a post that would get a heavily ENTP response so I'm wondering if anybody has ideas to help come up with one that will draw out INFJs.

    I'm thinking a tile along the lines of "Do you HATE talking on the phone"?

    So anybody care to help with this experiment?

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonENTP View Post
    The last time I did so I put up a very blunt post in the men seeking women section. It was a rant about dating and I walked a line of being a total ass hole. I ended up having no less than 50 people respond to it, a few were to curse me out but mostly they were positive. At the same time I posted another with the same title condemning my other post and stating that while I had all the same qualities I would never be so disrespectful and so on. Of course nobody responded to that post.
    That's hilariously indicative of the sad reality of attraction. Fer sher.

  3. #3
    Buddhist Misanthrope Samvega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,068

    Default

    That's hilariously indicative of the sad reality of attraction. Fer sher.
    Totally agree! What's sad to me is that as a good hearted, kind and honest man if I want to find a good woman I seemingly have to play the bad boy. I have no interest in playing those games now but when I was younger without a clear picture of the kind of woman I wanted to be with I had to.

    I am very self aware, full of flaws (and upfront and honest about them) and working on them all or keeping them in check, there's no way that as such I can compete with a guy that's hiding all his issues thus appearing perfect.

  4. #4
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    A lot of women like an arrogant jerk, because they often shows intensity, passion and animalistic tendencies.

    As much as respect is important , there apparently is something sexually attractive about a man who goes: "Screw all of that, I'm gonna take what I want, no matter what anyone says." It's that attitude that a lot of women find a turn on.

    The man who can walk the fine line between animalistic while remaining respectful will make a lot of women weak in the knees.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  5. #5
    Buddhist Misanthrope Samvega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,068

    Default

    The man who can walk the fine line between animalistic while remaining respectful will make a lot of women weak in the knees.
    That's super but damn I don't want a lot of women, I just want one.

    I do walk that line well, I'm bad enough I will keep things exciting and keep you on your toes but not so bad you're going to get a call from me at 3am to come bail me out of jail and get the car out of impound.

    The reality is I'm a home body and when it's all said and done and I have an edge, I take educated risks but never get careless or stupid. I mean, I don't drink, smoke or do drugs, how much of a bad boy could I really be?

    Soooo, any thoughts on some INFJ bait?

  6. #6
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonENTP View Post
    That's super but damn I don't want a lot of women, I just want one.

    I do walk that line well, I'm bad enough I will keep things exciting and keep you on your toes but not so bad you're going to get a call from me at 3am to come bail me out of jail and get the car out of impound.

    The reality is I'm a home body and when it's all said and done and I have an edge, I take educated risks but never get careless or stupid. I mean, I don't drink, smoke or do drugs, how much of a bad boy could I really be?

    Soooo, any thoughts on some INFJ bait?
    You sound like a very good catch. Can't help you though with that one though, as I'm no INFJ
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  7. #7
    Member jaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4,5?
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    65

    Default eh...

    im an INFJ but i'm a dude INFJ. i don't personally know any INFJ females.
    i actually suspect many if not most INFJ females don't readily see how they could benefit from being a relationship in the traditional dating / commitment to a partner sense, as it is for many many reasons.
    it's for this reasons i think you will have a difficulty catching, via craigslist, an INFJ female to date.
    i would think most INTJs don't HATE talking on the phone but instead are altogether impartial. it's not part of who defines you as a person, so it's hard to really have a strong opinion about it.
    but good luck.?
    there isn't really anything you can bait an INFJ with as baiting involves some amount of deceit or trickery and simply put it's hard to make a person who's so aware of the way everything interacts with everything head unknowingly in any direction when they have already discovered the deeper meaning of the situation.
    So you were born, and that is a good day.
    And someday you'll die and what a shame.
    But somewhere in the between, theres a life in which we all dream,
    And nothing and no one will ever take that away.

  8. #8
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Are you sure you want a relationship specifically with an INFJ? I think INFJs can be pretty intense emotionally in relationships and this is not for everyone, especially EPs who tend to like a lighter, "fun" approach.

  9. #9
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakuwhat View Post
    im an INFJ but i'm a dude INFJ. i don't personally know any INFJ females.
    i actually suspect many if not most INFJ females don't readily see how they could benefit from being a relationship in the traditional dating / commitment to a partner sense, as it is for many many reasons.
    it's for this reasons i think you will have a difficulty catching, via craigslist, an INFJ female to date.
    i would think most INTJs don't HATE talking on the phone but instead are altogether impartial. it's not part of who defines you as a person, so it's hard to really have a strong opinion about it.
    but good luck.?
    there isn't really anything you can bait an INFJ with as baiting involves some amount of deceit or trickery and simply put it's hard to make a person who's so aware of the way everything interacts with everything head unknowingly in any direction when they have already discovered the deeper meaning of the situation.
    Agreed.

    I'm not sure I've ever visited craigslist for anything, actually. I've especially never considered it as a potential dating tool. Or anything else as a means of finding someone to date, for that matter.
    Things just happen.

    I can't say really how an INTJ would feel about talking on the phone, but I'm sort of around 65/35 on the Feeling-Thinking area. Personally, I use the phone just to make plans, get information, etc. Or "counsel" friends who call me at all hours. There are exceptions to that rule, however, if we somehow stumble upon an engrossing enough topic (like philosophy, psychology or varying arts/sciences), and you're engaging enough about it.
    Basically, regular gossip, & other varieties of "small-talk" is difficult for this INFJ on any platform for communication. I have a couple of INT/F friends who can keep me on the phone for a decent amount of time.

    And btw... your signature. Ha, awesome.

  10. #10
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Personally, I use the phone just to make plans, get information, etc.

    Basically, regular gossip, & other varieties of "small-talk" is difficult for this INFJ on any platform for communication.
    Tend to agree. Never been a phone person. I only see it as a tool to make plans or whatever; I don't use it to actually carry on a conversation (in general). There's a certain awkwardness in the phone for me; it's possibly due to my not being able to see the other persons' facial expression or read their body language as they're talking, as the non-verbal in real life is half of what I go off of in getting to know a person.

    There have been a rare couple of individuals though who I haven't minded just chatting with on the phone. But it's a fine line...I get really impatient with endless talk - I used to have a friend who'd talk my ear off on the phone for nearly an hour at a time, which could be very tiring. If I can't get a word in edgewise, it isn't really a conversation for me - I become just an earpiece.

    Sidenote - even my best friends who have moved to another state, I only talk to maybe a couple of times a yr via phone. Doesn't take away from how I still feel about them, as when I do talk to them, it's as if time hadn't really passed by, and we're immediately on the same page again.

    Quote Originally Posted by jakuwhat
    i actually suspect many if not most INFJ females don't readily see how they could benefit from being a relationship in the traditional dating / commitment to a partner sense, as it is for many many reasons.
    it's for this reasons i think you will have a difficulty catching, via craigslist, an INFJ female to date.
    I'd agree.

    Also, I've never been on craigslist, and I've never heard my other two INFJ friends mention they've been on it either. We use other avenues for the various things craigslist is used for. And for myself, I don't really trust craigslist. Too many unknowns, especially with regards to meeting people. I have utilized dating sites though in the past. [But I suppose one could argue those are just as random as craigslist!]

    I think if you're just 100% real, you can't go too wrong. Then it's just a matter of whether there's any connection, similar ground, and chemistry. INFJ's would be able to sniff out deception, and if they caught any, I'd say good luck at mending that!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] Help me find that INFJ thread please!
    By CzeCze in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-23-2012, 07:43 PM
  2. [INFJ] Help me understand my INFJ boss.
    By Santosha in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 12:30 PM
  3. Help me with picking some songs.
    By Angry Ayrab in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-01-2008, 06:26 PM
  4. Help me with an important life decision!
    By pocket lint in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-05-2007, 11:11 AM
  5. Help Me With My Homework!
    By OctaviaCaesar in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 09:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO