• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Help me with some INFJ bait...

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
LOL

Tucson these girls are giving you valuable information and instead of using it you're arguing with them about it.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
LOL

Tucson these girls are giving you valuable information and instead of using it you're arguing with them about it.

The more he argues, the more he gets to advertise his abs. There is that to consider.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL

that's a good point!!
wise up tuscon!! haha

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
1. However because I'm interested in the ENTP/INFJ dynamic I made this post assuming it would be fun and have some mock craigslist posts both real and maybe funny.

2.This clearly has turned into something totally different and makes me wonder. I think I'm understanding why I have never met an INFJ in real life. From what I'm hearing you would rather stay alone than meet people even if they are kind and genuine.

3.I guess it's just sad because from how you seem to speak of yourself you almost seemingly think there is nobody that will ever "get" you or "handle" you, as if you're other than an ST, SJ, NF, NT all together.

4. That's a rather depressing view of this. I put seed out to "bait" birds, my yard is full of quail and inca dove, do you think if they were as "aware" as an INFJ they would stop eating my food to avoid me being able to look at how beautiful they are?

5. Do you want to be a more balanced person in those areas as that takes some work and effort.

6. An ENTP in love is more intense than most can handle so personally it sounds like a pretty good match. I couldn't be with another P and no matter how extroverted an ENTP is we still desire HUGE amounts of alone time so I have a very tough time with other extroverts.

7. I was just writing something on being an ENTP and dating so I'll quote that for my opinion of small talk:

8. I am curious what your experience has been with talking to an ENTP?

9.So I'm not picking a fight and I apologize if I come off that way.

10. All I'm doing is pointing out that there is something amazing about being in love and feeling connected to somebody but you won't ever have that if you're so mis-trusting of people and aren't able to talk on the phone.
I mean, I don't mind earning the trust needed for somebody to let me see over their walls or let me in but from this tread it sounds like your walls have turned into roofs as well.

1. I can see how you meant this to be funny. Obviously we took it seriously (but not personally, note: not as an affront), and, ironically, still are.

2. We would not rather stay alone. I think you're hyperbowling here. We many of us (ie. me, who's like 45%E 55%I) are quite social, but it's the matter of giving our hearts out that we're much more protective of. Here you also have to take into consideration our powerful intuitive function. While I am generally not inclined to sharing my heart with people (I try to be open about my life) if I meet someone and 'feel' that they are good and trustworthy I will choose to trust them with much and I'll do it relatively quickly.

3. we think people won't 'get' us or can't 'handle' us because usually life experience has taught us such.

4. lol, if your birds were infj and they did not know why you were baiting them, only that you 'were' baiting them, than no I don't think they would eat your bird food. The idea of infj birds definitely has me giggling though.

5. Of course I want to be more balanced. Constant improvement is my ultimate goal in every situation. This may not be true of others but I've seen enough people stagnate or unwilling to change to be properly afraid of being that way.

6. That's interesting, but all this while I wonder what you mean by "intense". Could you define it?

7. That's interesting. I am often in trouble for not having light conversations but I'm not entirely against talking about things that go nowhere simply to get the emotional load off my chest (ie. work difficulties), this may be something to take into consideration. For women not everything needs a solution (and that's not just for infjs).

8. Lol, I either tend to fall half way in love with them before I realize they're just being themselves or I find them terribly annoying.

9. I don't think anyone thought of it as picking a fight.

10. I do agree that feeling connected is great, but if that connection turns out to be false infjs aren't ones to go "oh, that was a good experience." And, don't diss our mistrust, because when we do choose to trust someone, esp when it proves to be well placed we are undyingly loyal. And most of us can talk on the phone. As for that last statement...ouch.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
6. That's interesting, but all this while I wonder what you mean by "intense". Could you define it?

Obviously I cannot speak for TusconENTP. However, as I was just discussing this very subject today I feel inclined to offer my views.

I suffer from this intensity, as I suspect many ENTP's do. It is probably the single most common adjective I have heard about myself in a dating / dealing-with-females context. When I say intensity, I do not mean something positive or negative, though it does have both positive and negative aspects. The way I describe it is that I have a lot of energy and it must be shared with the external world. Other types are likely equally intense, yet feel less of a need to blaze outwardly.

Sometimes I feel like I am walking around with flames shooting out of my eyes and hands. Connecting with people requires letting this out. It can cause problems for those not well-prepared or well-suited when the forge door opens. Like blacksmiths of the soul, the INFJ has been the best able to handle me.

In the INFJ there is an inner core of strength. As sensitive people, they are ironically not easily affected. They also have layer upon layer of protection surrounding this core of strength. By possessing a strong self, they are the best-equipped to handle the chaos surrounding the heart of the ENTP.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
awww...so SWEET synarch!!

maybe i want one too...haha

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yikes...that wouldn't be good!!

what's that MEAN!!?? haha

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's more that INFJ's are reluctant to spend time talking about frivolous matters.

Exactly!

The more he argues, the more he gets to advertise his abs. There is that to consider.

:yim_rolling_on_the_ yes, there is that to consider.

Sometimes I feel like I am walking around with flames shooting out of my eyes and hands. Connecting with people requires letting this out. It can cause problems for those not well-prepared or well-suited when the forge door opens. Like blacksmiths of the soul, the INFJ has been the best able to handle me.

In the INFJ there is an inner core of strength. As sensitive people, they are ironically not easily affected. They also have layer upon layer of protection surrounding this core of strength. By possessing a strong self, they are the best-equipped to handle the chaos surrounding the heart of the ENTP.

That is . . . . . . impressively and pleasantly poetic. :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm not really looking...i was just saying your description was lovely. :)

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
lol, I think aronavery was being funny (rather successfully too). :D

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

I'm not debating anything here truly or at least it's not my intention to. I guess I was hoping for a more light hearted thread and didn't want to feel the stress I often feel in having to back up what I'm saying or try to feel understood. I think the words "experiment" and "bait" may have just been taken to mean their worst meanings not my true intentions. The responses have left me with many mixed feelings on INFJs however I tend to run what people say through my S filters and when I do that with other Ns the translation is of course wrong as nothing needed to be translated. Seemingly finding an INFJ is much like hunting a fox :)

1. I can see how you meant this to be funny. Obviously we took it seriously (but not personally, note: not as an affront), and, ironically, still are.

2. We would not rather stay alone. I think you're hyperbowling here. We many of us (ie. me, who's like 45%E 55%I) are quite social, but it's the matter of giving our hearts out that we're much more protective of. Here you also have to take into consideration our powerful intuitive function. While I am generally not inclined to sharing my heart with people (I try to be open about my life) if I meet someone and 'feel' that they are good and trustworthy I will choose to trust them with much and I'll do it relatively quickly.

3. we think people won't 'get' us or can't 'handle' us because usually life experience has taught us such.

4. lol, if your birds were infj and they did not know why you were baiting them, only that you 'were' baiting them, than no I don't think they would eat your bird food. The idea of infj birds definitely has me giggling though.

5. Of course I want to be more balanced. Constant improvement is my ultimate goal in every situation. This may not be true of others but I've seen enough people stagnate or unwilling to change to be properly afraid of being that way.

7. That's interesting. I am often in trouble for not having light conversations but I'm not entirely against talking about things that go nowhere simply to get the emotional load off my chest (ie. work difficulties), this may be something to take into consideration. For women not everything needs a solution (and that's not just for infjs).

8. Lol, I either tend to fall half way in love with them before I realize they're just being themselves or I find them terribly annoying.

9. I don't think anyone thought of it as picking a fight.

10. I do agree that feeling connected is great, but if that connection turns out to be false infjs aren't ones to go "oh, that was a good experience." And, don't diss our mistrust, because when we do choose to trust someone, esp when it proves to be well placed we are undyingly loyal. And most of us can talk on the phone. As for that last statement...ouch.

Wonderful post truly, thank you very much for the excellent insight. The last statement, sorry about that. Look at everything above it however, it looks as if INFJs are expecting the worst to come out at any moment. You must remember we have the same first dominant function and I think ENTPs are probably more aware of what's going on around them than just about any other type. This seems to almost come down to a foolish game of "you go first", "no you", "no you I insist"... In that case, I don't mind taking a chance on love and getting hurt so I'll put myself out there first.

Obviously I cannot speak for TusconENTP. However, as I was just discussing this very subject today I feel inclined to offer my views.

I suffer from this intensity, as I suspect many ENTP's do. It is probably the single most common adjective I have heard about myself in a dating / dealing-with-females context. When I say intensity, I do not mean something positive or negative, though it does have both positive and negative aspects. The way I describe it is that I have a lot of energy and it must be shared with the external world. Other types are likely equally intense, yet feel less of a need to blaze outwardly.

Wow!! Are you single? I mean, I could not have expressed how I felt any better if given a month.

I'm going to give this some thought in an effort to do it more justice. I'll post on this in a little while.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm not debating anything here truly or at least it's not my intention to. I guess I was hoping for a more light hearted thread and didn't want to feel the stress I often feel in having to back up what I'm saying or try to feel understood. I think the words "experiment" and "bait" may have just been taken to mean their worst meanings not my true intentions. The responses have left me with many mixed feelings on INFJs however I tend to run what people say through my S filters and when I do that with other Ns the translation is of course wrong as nothing needed to be translated. Seemingly finding an INFJ is much like hunting a fox :)

Yeah complaining about how INXX types don't get out much won't do you any favours.

To sum it up, they've all told you that they don't like the thought of looking for a guy on craigslist. I certainly wouldn't look for a girl there. There are other sites that are less mainstream and more friendly to INXX types. All you have to do is put up an honest profile with quality subtle jokes, try not to sound too overwhelming. When you think you have put together a quality profile look for girls. Since you sound like you know what you want, look for girls that embody this and message them.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

Because I feel VERY handicapped communicating with my written word I'm just going to post a poem I wrote about how I feel. I don't feel any words could communicate my feelings better than trying to make you feel the way I do so I hope this will do that. So here you go:

One woman's voice...

I can hear it so clearly, like that's my home. A woman's voice can bring you back from the depths of hell, from the brink of insanity! It can shed light on your darkest night, it can give you direction and show you where to go! Finding that voice is an investment and you're better off having no voice to guide you than the wrong voice. The power in a woman's voice is the greatest thing this world has to offer a man. More than her body, wealth, gold, diamonds, power or anything else. A woman's voice is softer than a feather, clouds, a baby's skin, fur or velvet! It's sweeter than fudge, sugar, candy, chocolate or taffy. It flows off a mans body like spring water down a stream! Into his ears like a cool breeze softly through the forest leaves and into his heart like the life giving rain from the sky!

The search is for that one voice, the one that can give you peace when there is no other place it can be found. The voice you know is calling you like the safety you've only experienced inside of your mother. Something you can't even offer to yourself. That voice that makes everything else in the world seem to float away, that one voice, that one woman's voice that makes you want to smile and cry and laugh and kill a thousand men to protect it. Finding that voice is the reason a man is born and if he's lucky it's something he can live to die for!

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Because I feel VERY handicapped communicating with my written word I'm just going to post a poem I wrote about how I feel. I don't feel any words could communicate my feelings better than trying to make you feel the way I do so I hope this will do that. So here you go:

One woman's voice...

I can hear it so clearly, like that's my home. A woman's voice can bring you back from the depths of hell, from the brink of insanity! It can shed light on your darkest night, it can give you direction and show you where to go! Finding that voice is an investment and you're better off having no voice to guide you than the wrong voice. The power in a woman's voice is the greatest thing this world has to offer a man. More than her body, wealth, gold, diamonds, power or anything else. A woman's voice is softer than a feather, clouds, a baby's skin, fur or velvet! It's sweeter than fudge, sugar, candy, chocolate or taffy. It flows off a mans body like spring water down a stream! Into his ears like a cool breeze softly through the forest leaves and into his heart like the life giving rain from the sky!

The search is for that one voice, the one that can give you peace when there is no other place it can be found. The voice you know is calling you like the safety you've only experienced inside of your mother. Something you can't even offer to yourself. That voice that makes everything else in the world seem to float away, that one voice, that one woman's voice that makes you want to smile and cry and laugh and kill a thousand men to protect it. Finding that voice is the reason a man is born and if he's lucky it's something he can live to die for!

:D That's a lot of responsiblity for one person. But, I think here you've captured wonderfully the heart of both men and women. Of the man to be eased of his natural turmoil and to protect, of the woman to captivate and care for. Your intensity isn't a bad thing, it's a really really good thing. Just...we all gotta find the person who sees that properly.