User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

*laughs and scratches back of head* well, I'm an infj girl and I think that if you just put something paraphrasing your second and third post on here it might work pretty well. At least, if most infj women are like me than it would definitely work. Of course, reading the first post and hearing the term 'baiting' makes me wonder if this isn't another social experiment of yours. O.o
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    Of course, reading the first post and hearing the term 'baiting' makes me wonder if this isn't another social experiment of yours. O.o

A little INFJ suspicion is always healthy.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Also, I've never been on craigslist, and I've never heard my other two INFJ friends mention they've been on it either. We use other avenues for the various things craigslist is used for. And for myself, I don't really trust craigslist. Too many unknowns, especially with regards to meeting people...
    + 1

I would never date off of craigslist. (I do like reading 'missed connections' from time to time though, aww ). Perhaps if you write something sincere and post it there you may have a better chance. Though asking INFJs for advice about INFJs is rather effective too, lol.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

There have been a rare couple of individuals though who I haven't minded just chatting with on the phone. But it's a fine line...I get really impatient with endless talk - I used to have a friend who'd talk my ear off on the phone for nearly an hour at a time, which could be very tiring. If I can't get a word in edgewise, it isn't really a conversation for me - I become just an impassive earpiece.
    I definitely dislike the sense of serving as a sounding-board without substantial purpose.

Sidenote - even my best friends who have moved to another state, I only talk to maybe a couple of times a yr via phone. Doesn't take away from how I still feel about them, as when I do talk to them, it's as if time hadn't really passed by, and we're immediately on the same page again.

I LOVE that... I've managed that, with a few certain friends, for at least a decade. I've also had a pen-pal over in the UK since I was about 9 (Generational-thing our mothers actually got us into; they'd become pen-pals as children via some school program). We've hung out in-person about 5 times, and written letters sporadically. Phone conversations are rare. And brief. When we do get together, there's no odd transitioning, for the most part. We can just pick right up where we left off.

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Are you sure you want a relationship specifically with an INFJ? I think INFJs can be pretty intense emotionally in relationships and this is not for everyone, especially EPs who tend to like a lighter, "fun" approach.
    Yeah, I don't understand this. There seems to be this impression that INFJ is a "great match" for everyone. But when push comes to shove, VERY few people can handle or even understand our intensity.

Those who can weather the storm are rewarded. But we aren't all about sunshine and rainbows.
    I-44 N-88 F-62 J-67

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. -Winston Churchill

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Are you sure you want a relationship specifically with an INFJ? I think INFJs can be pretty intense emotionally in relationships and this is not for everyone, especially EPs who tend to like a lighter, "fun" approach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Those who can weather the storm are rewarded. But we aren't all about sunshine and rainbows.
    I hope I never encounter any NTs who are all about sunshine & rainbows..

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Yeah, I don't understand this. There seems to be this impression that INFJ is a "great match" for everyone. But when push comes to shove, VERY few people can handle or even understand our intensity.

Exactly. And that = death of the relationship.

Actually, ime I think this is an area where an INTP can be great (not easily weirded out) as can an ISTJ. ISTJ seem to be able to stick with things.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

I feel like a weird infj now. I don't necessarily want that intensity (I've found men tend to interpret my intensity as a reason to become obsessed with me, and that equals being held down that that sends me running). I value my independence and if it's and 'intense' emotional connection or my independence I'm going to go with the latter. As long as my intellectual intensity is met and I'm not denied the truth of my own emotions I'm ok with a rather casual and jovial relationship.

ISTJs can stick with things but they can resent the emotional infj, and they don't understand us, and in my experience they're not as deep as we are.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

violaine

I feel like a weird infj now. I don't necessarily want that intensity (I've found men tend to interpret my intensity as a reason to become obsessed with me, and that equals being held down that that sends me running). I value my independence and if it's and 'intense' emotional connection or my independence I'm going to go with the latter. As long as my intellectual intensity is met and I'm not denied the truth of my own emotions I'm ok with a rather casual and jovial relationship.
    I like some mutuality, i.e. he accepts that I can be 'intense' and individualistic, I accept him with his quirks but we don't try and hold each other down. I don't like that at all. I don't think it has to be an either/or situation (forming an intense connection vs giving up my independence.) I value independence in a certain context. I will always want to stand on my own two feet but I would never want to go so far with it that I reject a meaningful connection. I find that I don't connect well with controlling people though, thankfully!

ISTJs can stick with things but they can resent the emotional infj, and they don't understand us, and in my experience they're not as deep as we are.
    I have had other problems with ISTJ, but being scared off wasn't one of them. The ISTJ I knew was very deep in fact but didn't like to go there a lot. Amazingly creative too. He didn't understand my ways and that was a source of friction, but he would never have run.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I don't necessarily want that intensity (I've found men tend to interpret my intensity as a reason to become obsessed with me, and that equals being held down that that sends me running). I value my independence and if it's an 'intense' emotional connection or my independence I'm going to go with the latter. As long as my intellectual intensity is met and I'm not denied the truth of my own emotions I'm ok with a rather casual and jovial relationship.