• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTPs

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
INTPs can provide much intellectual stimulation, which I really enjoy. What I don't enjoy is when they insist everything has to follow a strict logical line.

Right...but if you don't follow said line any decision you make doesn't really have much reason behind it, so how can you know if you're right/doing the right thing?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
love that quote peguy. :)

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INTPs can provide much intellectual stimulation, which I really enjoy. What I don't enjoy is when they insist everything has to follow a strict logical line.

Yeah you know. Not everything must follow a strict logical line. Some things really are a matter of feel! For instance, sometimes I can just stop thinking! Start Feeling, just jump off a 10 story building, and hell, who cares about the strict logical line of reasoning!? I feel I will be okay, so I tell you the truth, I'll be okay! Feel my friend--its all a matter of feel!

And dont forget, the greatest achievement of reason is the realization that there are many things beyond it! Like the quixotic feel I get when I run off the 10 story building feeling fine! Just like reason ought to realize that it is possible for a man to walk on water and for bread to be turned into wine! And its possible for a man to jump in an airplane and fly into a skyscraper! All VALID and pleasant in the world of feel! What a beautiful mindstate! And remember, the world of feel could only be if you just stop thinking, reason must realize that some things cannot be explained logically, but are magical and must be regarded as such! They just happen, no questions asked!

Right...but if you don't follow said line any decision you make doesn't really have much reason behind it, so how can you know if you're right/doing the right thing?

Magic, my friend! Don't think about it, it is all a feel! It will be okay, just do whatever you feel like doing. So much for not having reason behind it, precious aint it?

S

Sniffles

Well that's ultimately up to "faith" I guess, since logic can only really tell you how incompatible the different choices are.

S

Sniffles

Yeah you know. Not everything must follow a strict logical line. Some things really are a matter of feel! For instance, sometimes I can just stop thinking! Start Feeling, just jump off a 10 story building, and hell, who cares about the strict logical line of reasoning!? I feel I will be okay, so I tell you the truth, I'll be okay! Feel my friend--its all a matter of feel!

Hey, that was actually funny!

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well that's ultimately up to "faith" I guess, since logic can only really tell you how incompatible the different choices are.

Yeah you know, the faith it takes to look at a white wall and call it red. The same faith it takes to strap a bomb over your shoulder and press the button, thinking that the choice you've just made leads to eternal life!

Faith by definition is uncritical acceptance. On faith, you can believe anything. Feeble-minded people whose reasoning capabilities do not amount to two dimes pretend that they know something by believing in whatever they wish was true.

MBTI Type
INxJ
For instance, sometimes I can just stop thinking! Start Feeling, just jump off a 10 story building, and hell, who cares about the strict logical line of reasoning!? I feel I will be okay, so I tell you the truth, I'll be okay! Feel my friend--its all a matter of feel!

:D

S

Sniffles

Yeah you know, the faith it takes to look at a white wall and call it red. The same faith it takes to strap a bomb over your shoulder and press the button, thinking that the choice you've just made leads to eternal life!

image_52.png

Dashing through the sand
With a bomb strapped to my back
I have a nasty plan
For Christmas in Iraq

I got through checkpoint A
But not through checkpoint B
That's when I got shot in the ass by U.S. military

Ooo, Jingle bombs, jingle bombs mine blew up you see
Where are all the virgins that Bin Laden promised me
Jingle bombs, jingle bombs your soldiers shot me dead
The only thing that I have left is this towel upon my head

I used to be a man, but every time I cough
Thanks do uncle Sam my nuts keep falling off
My bombing days are done, I need to find some work
Perhaps it would be much safer as a convenient store night clerk,
Ooo, Jingle bombs, jingle bombs I think I got screwed
Don't laugh at me because I'm dead or I kill you!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
See, the thing about INTPs is that I either laugh or want to flay them alive. Which one seems entirely random, though.

Oh, this is supposed to be for the NFs, isn't it?

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think that NFs and NTs love eachother because you sustain our imagination with logical reason and we put your logic on wings so that it can soar

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
aww...how delightfully sweet and silly wild...i really just want to listen to some of my intp friends talk all day...love their thoughts. :)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTPs don't generally tend to be my favorite types. But I don't hate them.

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
I think that NFs and NTs love eachother because you sustain our imagination with logical reason and we put your logic on wings so that it can soar

Wings? Now our logic needs wings?

Pfft.

:wubbie:

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
AWW gee thanks Amargith and Erina... :blush: As I say I do love those NTs I think they are essential to us...