User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: INTPs

MBTI
    INTP

I have a best friend - one of, like, 4 'best' friends - who is an INFP. She is grand!! But I'd never want to date one. An ENFJ on the other hand, I'm kind of itching to try it.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    oh...that's sad kinda...i think we may want to see you more then we want to be seen...so maybe she never let you see her cuz she was concerned with knowing you instead...that whole reporter thing we do i think...shit...that sucks.
    Well, I wouldn't say its due to a "reporter" thing so much as immaturity. She didn't really express an interest in the methods I choose to express myself. She didn't understand that my feelings and my disposition come from stimulating my mind but then again I didn't really understand that either. Because she didn't provide that mental, intellectual stimulation that I need, she didn't receive the strong feelings she felt a guy should have for his girlfriend. We were both young at the time, both 17 when we got together and it was quite a good learning experience. If she had approached me now, as she did almost 4 years ago, I wouldn't have reciprocated. Although, she places me at ease and I'm very comfortable around her. My childish, side comes out and we end up doing things like making up words, calling each other fat and just being silly. We do it still do this day. I wouldn't mind dating an NF again whatsoever although there is an ESTJ girl I'm really physically and mentally attracted to so I might gravitate towards that more.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh i see..thanks for explaining it a bit more. i need to be mentally stimulated as well so i totally get that but yeah...i'm not sure an intp would find the same things interesting so i might not be able to give that in return....hmmm. thanks.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

I fully believe an INTP with well developed emotions and an ENFP with an penchant for analytical thought could get along wonderfully. I hate to use her name again but CaptainChick seems like a very intelligent person who enjoys discussing things that I would probably also enjoy. Although her intensity would be tiring but I think a person like her would be a great friend to an INTP like myself.

MBTI
    INTP

If only that feeling were reciprocated...
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

3/4 of my closest friends are INTPs. I could get along well with most INTPs, so long as their criticism and sarcasm aren't aimed at me.

Actually, that rule probably applies to all the types.
    "Why had he never appreciated what a miracle he was, brain and nerve and bounding heart?"

MBTI
    IsTP

I'll admit it, I came to this thread looking for trouble.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    isfj

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Short posters are cool.

Long posters not so cool.
    yep.

i like my INTP.
    i don't think i know any others irl, but as for here and intpc, i like and dislike about as many intps as any other type. they're different like everyone else!
    just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    If only that feeling were reciprocated...
    If only?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    INTPs can provide much intellectual stimulation, which I really enjoy. What I don't enjoy is when they insist everything has to follow a strict logical line.
    Their edges tend to soften as they get older. I enjoy deviating from that strict, logical line