User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: INTPs

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    INTPs can provide much intellectual stimulation, which I really enjoy. What I don't enjoy is when they insist everything has to follow a strict logical line.
    Right...but if you don't follow said line any decision you make doesn't really have much reason behind it, so how can you know if you're right/doing the right thing?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

love that quote peguy.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

INTPs can provide much intellectual stimulation, which I really enjoy. What I don't enjoy is when they insist everything has to follow a strict logical line.
    Yeah you know. Not everything must follow a strict logical line. Some things really are a matter of feel! For instance, sometimes I can just stop thinking! Start Feeling, just jump off a 10 story building, and hell, who cares about the strict logical line of reasoning!? I feel I will be okay, so I tell you the truth, I'll be okay! Feel my friend--its all a matter of feel!

And dont forget, the greatest achievement of reason is the realization that there are many things beyond it! Like the quixotic feel I get when I run off the 10 story building feeling fine! Just like reason ought to realize that it is possible for a man to walk on water and for bread to be turned into wine! And its possible for a man to jump in an airplane and fly into a skyscraper! All VALID and pleasant in the world of feel! What a beautiful mindstate! And remember, the world of feel could only be if you just stop thinking, reason must realize that some things cannot be explained logically, but are magical and must be regarded as such! They just happen, no questions asked!

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Right...but if you don't follow said line any decision you make doesn't really have much reason behind it, so how can you know if you're right/doing the right thing?
    Magic, my friend! Don't think about it, it is all a feel! It will be okay, just do whatever you feel like doing. So much for not having reason behind it, precious aint it?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Well that's ultimately up to "faith" I guess, since logic can only really tell you how incompatible the different choices are.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Yeah you know. Not everything must follow a strict logical line. Some things really are a matter of feel! For instance, sometimes I can just stop thinking! Start Feeling, just jump off a 10 story building, and hell, who cares about the strict logical line of reasoning!? I feel I will be okay, so I tell you the truth, I'll be okay! Feel my friend--its all a matter of feel!
    Hey, that was actually funny!

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Well that's ultimately up to "faith" I guess, since logic can only really tell you how incompatible the different choices are.
    Yeah you know, the faith it takes to look at a white wall and call it red. The same faith it takes to strap a bomb over your shoulder and press the button, thinking that the choice you've just made leads to eternal life!

Faith by definition is uncritical acceptance. On faith, you can believe anything. Feeble-minded people whose reasoning capabilities do not amount to two dimes pretend that they know something by believing in whatever they wish was true.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INxJ

For instance, sometimes I can just stop thinking! Start Feeling, just jump off a 10 story building, and hell, who cares about the strict logical line of reasoning!? I feel I will be okay, so I tell you the truth, I'll be okay! Feel my friend--its all a matter of feel!

Sniffles

Yeah you know, the faith it takes to look at a white wall and call it red. The same faith it takes to strap a bomb over your shoulder and press the button, thinking that the choice you've just made leads to eternal life!

Dashing through the sand
    With a bomb strapped to my back
    I have a nasty plan
    For Christmas in Iraq

I got through checkpoint A
    But not through checkpoint B
    That's when I got shot in the ass by U.S. military

Ooo, Jingle bombs, jingle bombs mine blew up you see
    Where are all the virgins that Bin Laden promised me
    Jingle bombs, jingle bombs your soldiers shot me dead
    The only thing that I have left is this towel upon my head

I used to be a man, but every time I cough
    Thanks do uncle Sam my nuts keep falling off
    My bombing days are done, I need to find some work
    Perhaps it would be much safer as a convenient store night clerk,
    Ooo, Jingle bombs, jingle bombs I think I got screwed
    Don't laugh at me because I'm dead or I kill you!

MBTI
    ENFJ

See, the thing about INTPs is that I either laugh or want to flay them alive. Which one seems entirely random, though.

Oh, this is supposed to be for the NFs, isn't it?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    See, the thing about INTPs is that I either laugh or want to flay them alive. Which one seems entirely random, though.
    +1
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE