User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you hate talking on the phone, INFJ?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am INFJ and I like to talk on the phone.

5 31.25%
  • I am INFJ and I DO NOT like to talk on the phone.

11 68.75%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Not an INFJ, but whenever someone calls me, I should be damn right interested in hearring something from them to pic it up.

MBTI
    infp

I really hate phones. I see it as an invasion of privacy and now with mobiles you are available 24hrs a day. I nearly always have mine switched off which seems to drive people mad - I see a mobile phone as something I use when I really must - getting in touch with the kids or when the car breaks down. I much prefer emails and access them at least twice a day - I think thats enough in terms of availability but many people seem to think that you should be available constantly :steam:

Don't know about it being an infj thing - my husband doesnt really enjoy talking to people on the phone either - he's istp - so perhaps its an introvert thing
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I really hate phones. I see it as an invasion of privacy and now with mobiles you are available 24hrs a day. I nearly always have mine switched off which seems to drive people mad - I see a mobile phone as something I use when I really must - getting in touch with the kids or when the car breaks down. I much prefer emails and access them at least twice a day - I think thats enough in terms of availability but many people seem to think that you should be available constantly
    I'm fine with my phone (I'm not called much so its great! ) and find it useful when my parents are worried they lost me (Like earlier today when I ran ahead of them in downtown Minneapolis)

MY parents talked with my uncle for a while about cellphones. They recalled the days when you didn't need one, the town new about trouble faster than you could dial someone up anyways! (Small-town South Dakota is like that)

Caller ID = Awesome, too
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I absolutely hate it.

I will get in my car and drive to someone before I sit on the phone for hours.
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. --- Maya Angelou

I'm not sure if this is type related. I prefer to interact face to face or email/IM/txt.

MBTI
    INFJ

I think it all depends on how well I know the person. I dragged my feet for a long time on cellphones because I didn't want to be accessible to anyone at anytime. When I began my business I had to get a cell phone. I hardly use any of my phone lines, but occasionally when old friends call I can spend 2 or 3 hours chatting away.

I absolutely despise texting, social networking, and internet dating though. It's so impersonal, allowing a false sense of intimacy between individuals. I'm much more interested in face-to-face conversations than I've ever been. The awkwardness of a telephone call with someone I hardly know seems refreshing nowadays. Technology's downfall is that we lose the ability to relate to one another without being overly prepared or googling or editing & undoing our words. In all honesty though, there is no medium I feel comfortable in. I feel just as disconnected online as I do in real life.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I tend to like talking on the phone with those I know well and like. I'll talk for hours.

violaine

I used to hate having to make those annoying phone calls to pay bills or make obligatory return phone calls to annoying people. Now I just do it without thinking about it and all is fine. I am not a 'phone person' and don't like the expectation that I'm always contactable because I have a cell. But it's always a pleasure to talk with someone I like or am dating.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Another INFJ who hates the phone here. The only time I call people to chat is on a long drive. Other than that, my phone conversations are as short and functional as possible.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    IXXP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I hate the phone and always have. I think the "problem" is getting worse, the older I get. I abhor it. Thank God for text, email and facebook! Without it, I probably would have lost all the friends I have that have moved away.

Give me face-to-face anyday.