User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 95

  1. #1
    Senior Member Gauche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    333

    Default ENFP overwhelming

    Well, are ENFPs easily overwhelming other types? Or are they overwhelmed by particular types? What about ESTPs and ESFPs.. Who overwhelm who? Whaz your experiences?
    (Because ENFPs with their Ne has a big potential to overwhelm down-to-earth sensors methinks.. or not? not to mention guardians which are not capable of fighting on "ENFP's battlefield")

  2. #2
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    When Ne gets off its leash, overwhelming people is an unfortunate side effect, yes.
    But I'd say I feel easily intimidated/overwhelmed by some of the other E's myself.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  3. #3
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    Well, are ENFPs easily overwhelming other types? Or are they overwhelmed by particular types? What about ESTPs and ESFPs.. Who overwhelm who? Whaz your experiences?
    (Because ENFPs with their Ne has a big potential to overwhelm down-to-earth sensors methinks.. or not? not to mention guardians which are not capable of fighting on "ENFP's battlefield")
    I think ENFP's, ESFP's, ESTP's and even ENTP's (with strong E) are potentially very overhelming people for other types. At least I am many times, sometimes on purpose and sometimes I don't mean to be.

  4. #4
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    I think ENFP's, ESFP's, ESTP's and even ENTP's (with strong E) are potentially very overhelming people for other types. At least I am many times, sometimes on purpose and sometimes I don't mean to be.
    What about ENTJs?

    Or is that a different category?

  5. #5

    Default

    Why would the N cause others to feel overwhelmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    When Ne gets off its leash, overwhelming people is an unfortunate side effect, yes.
    But I'd say I feel easily intimidated/overwhelmed by some of the other E's myself.

  6. #6
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    LOL, have you ever been blasted by Ne dom?

    Imagine talking to someone who is talking too fast to follow and who on top of that is jumping from one topic to the next in a desperate attempt to keep up with all the associations racing through her brain, with the most insane and ridiculous ideas being the first to be tossed out there...you too will feel overwhelmed (Unless you are in that mood yourself or have seen it coming and are therefore prepared)
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  7. #7
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ENTJ-girl View Post
    Why would the N cause others to feel overwhelmed?
    When Ss or even Nis become aware of the connections, themes, abstractions of the world around them it can become too much. They aren't used to seeing the world that way. To be honest, I feel bad for those who can't, seems so boring.



  8. #8
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i don't know...i don't think i get overwhelmed by other types easily or often and i don't think i overwhelm anyone else...except for maybe in relationships...in the beginning...when i'm reacting to false intuition....maybe??
    so...no?? i think
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  9. #9

    Default

    My boss is like that, I always thought she was unstable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    LOL, have you ever been blasted by Ne dom?

    Imagine talking to someone who is talking too fast to follow and who on top of that is jumping from one topic to the next in a desperate attempt to keep up with all the associations racing through her brain, with the most insane and ridiculous ideas being the first to be tossed out there...you too will feel overwhelmed (Unless you are in that mood yourself or have seen it coming and are therefore prepared)

  10. #10
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ENTJ-girl View Post
    My boss is like that, I always thought she was unstable.
    Yeah, we make that impression as the thoughts are too incoherent to properly word If we slow down, and take the time to filter it, it's not a problem though. It's just not half as fun
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!
    By findthejake in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1133
    Last Post: 12-08-2017, 02:44 PM
  2. [ENFP] Has anyone else experienced this? (ENFP growing up in an overwhelmingly xSJx family).
    By cattywample in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 02:03 AM
  3. [ENFP] Hello, fellow ENFPs!! Overwhelming enthusiasm, and bluntness versus tact
    By ChrisC99 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-2012, 04:50 PM
  4. [ENFP] To any NF, especially ENFPs - are you frequently overwhelmed or depressed?
    By SingSmileShine in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-26-2012, 01:29 PM
  5. [ENFP] enfp's fact or fiction
    By targobelle in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 458
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 03:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO