• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP overwhelming

Gauche

Well, are ENFPs easily overwhelming other types? Or are they overwhelmed by particular types? What about ESTPs and ESFPs.. Who overwhelm who? Whaz your experiences?
(Because ENFPs with their Ne has a big potential to overwhelm down-to-earth sensors methinks.. or not? not to mention guardians which are not capable of fighting on "ENFP's battlefield")

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When Ne gets off its leash, overwhelming people is an unfortunate side effect, yes.
But I'd say I feel easily intimidated/overwhelmed by some of the other E's myself.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Well, are ENFPs easily overwhelming other types? Or are they overwhelmed by particular types? What about ESTPs and ESFPs.. Who overwhelm who? Whaz your experiences?
(Because ENFPs with their Ne has a big potential to overwhelm down-to-earth sensors methinks.. or not? not to mention guardians which are not capable of fighting on "ENFP's battlefield")

I think ENFP's, ESFP's, ESTP's and even ENTP's (with strong E) are potentially very overhelming people for other types. At least I am many times, sometimes on purpose and sometimes I don't mean to be. :newwink:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think ENFP's, ESFP's, ESTP's and even ENTP's (with strong E) are potentially very overhelming people for other types. At least I am many times, sometimes on purpose and sometimes I don't mean to be. :newwink:

What about ENTJs?

Or is that a different category?

ENTJ-girl

:huh: Why would the N cause others to feel overwhelmed?

When Ne gets off its leash, overwhelming people is an unfortunate side effect, yes.
But I'd say I feel easily intimidated/overwhelmed by some of the other E's myself.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL, have you ever been blasted by Ne dom?

Imagine talking to someone who is talking too fast to follow and who on top of that is jumping from one topic to the next in a desperate attempt to keep up with all the associations racing through her brain, with the most insane and ridiculous ideas being the first to be tossed out there...you too will feel overwhelmed (Unless you are in that mood yourself or have seen it coming and are therefore prepared)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
:huh: Why would the N cause others to feel overwhelmed?

When Ss or even Nis become aware of the connections, themes, abstractions of the world around them it can become too much. They aren't used to seeing the world that way. To be honest, I feel bad for those who can't, seems so boring.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't know...i don't think i get overwhelmed by other types easily or often and i don't think i overwhelm anyone else...except for maybe in relationships...in the beginning...when i'm reacting to false intuition....maybe??
so...no?? i think

ENTJ-girl

My boss is like that, I always thought she was unstable.

LOL, have you ever been blasted by Ne dom?

Imagine talking to someone who is talking too fast to follow and who on top of that is jumping from one topic to the next in a desperate attempt to keep up with all the associations racing through her brain, with the most insane and ridiculous ideas being the first to be tossed out there...you too will feel overwhelmed (Unless you are in that mood yourself or have seen it coming and are therefore prepared)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My boss is like that, I always thought she was unstable.

Yeah, we make that impression as the thoughts are too incoherent to properly word :) If we slow down, and take the time to filter it, it's not a problem though. It's just not half as fun ;)

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
It's interesting, my best friend is an ENTJ, and when we talk about abstract stuff, or when i monologue how awesome everything is, we're totally on the same page. When I start to talk about people, she just gets lost, bewildered, and I guess you could say overwhelmed.

...but I love her anyway!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ oh yeah...that just totally made me change my answer! yeah...i totally overwhelm people when i'm excited about something...i can be a lil manic about it i think....or bad word choice...just really excited...haha but not in just normal conversations.

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think the intenseness of ENFPs, while it can overwhelm some people, is our best quality!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think the intenseness of ENFPs, while it can overwhelm some people, is our best quality!

My experience is that those that don't run scared end up loving it and are the people you wanna keep around :devil:

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only thing that overwhelms me about ENFPs is their flightiness. It's amazing.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just tell us it is hard for you to follow. We'll gladly tone it down a notch ;)

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
The only thing that overwhelms me about ENFPs is their flightiness. It's amazing.

I never thought I was until I started reading on this forum...... sorry, but if you're one of those people we really trust, you'll easily get sick of us because we wont leave.

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Is it only the Se and Ne that can overwhelme others, but what about Te?

All the extroverted functions can be overwhelming. Just like all the introverted functions can be underwhelming.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Nah, I love hanging out with my entp uncle when I do see him. My one enfp friend just radiates positive energy, which can get overwhelming but I've learned to deal with it (insert a dozen tears). Video of him singing:

YouTube - Thanksgiving -greeting-