• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP overwhelming

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hahaha, see, even using text you're still trying to radiate that feeling of excitement

oh no!! shit!! is it possible i'm overwhelming people right now and not know it!!! ahhh!!! i'm sorry!:blush::smile:

Wow, where do you guys get all your energy? Don't you suffer from burnout sometimes? I want whatever you guys are taking. Especially in the morning. :coffee:

And erinavery- I think your avatar illustrates ENFPs perfectly. I see.. a rainbow, sparkles, a house.. and alot of crazy stuff I can't even describe. Overwhelming, indeed! :D
and great...just frackin great...should i go back to my chic stuck in a jar? i was told that one was too emo for me!! haha

but for real in person...i'm mellow i think...like a quiet storm...or something...haha...or maybe not...maybe it depends on my company...i don't know! LEAVE ME ALONE!! :D

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Wow, where do you guys get all your energy? Don't you suffer from burnout sometimes? I want whatever you guys are taking. Especially in the morning. :coffee:

And erinavery- I think your avatar illustrates ENFPs perfectly. I see.. a rainbow, sparkles, a house.. and alot of crazy stuff I can't even describe. Overwhelming, indeed! :D

It's an explosion of happiness, I love it!

I know I burnout every now and then, and when you're high on life most of the time, crashing on life sucks. But I dunno why I have so much energy, I just feel like life is this big thing all around us, and I have to try--really hard--because I can't not! My best friend (ENTJ) told me once that I "try at life harder than anyone [she] knows," and while I'm not sure that's true, I think that's where my energy comes from, just 'going at' life.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...for real me too...and i'm way toned down at a house verses a night club...obviously haha

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Actually, I only drink water and fruit juice. I do take chocolate. Abuse it even, when in need of energy. I used to study on two hours of sleep, a big bowl of chocolate and a very flashy green-yellow lemonade in order to make up for all the time I procrastinated doing it. You did *not* wanna be in the same room as me then! I literally bounced off the walls at that point. Worked brilliantly though.

Other than that, we do get burn-outs. And then, like a young kitten after playtime, we look up a place of peace and quiet, crawl in our basky and sleep it off, or whatever the quiet activity entails. Afterwards, we're back with a vengeance :devil:

The only time this process gets interrupted, is if something gets us down for sustained periods of time, as we need time to sort out our feelings.

Other than that, bring it on!!!!!!

Once you grow up though, you learn to smooth out your energy a bit, as otherwise people keep running for the hills whenever they see you...

Priam

MBTI Type
INTP
Jesus Christ this thread is giving me a headache. ENFPs = The ADHD Personality Type. I say that with all love and affection, as sometimes the few of you I have in my life are all that get me to do shit, but there are days when y'all give me migraines. Being an INTP, I consider it worth the pain, though, as you seem to have an inborn talent for appreciating the hell out of who I am and what I can do. Plus, once the bloody "OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" is stripped away, every one of you that I've met is freakin' brilliant in a very skewed way. I like that ;)

EDIT: Though an emotionally damaged and insecure ENFP is perhaps the most frighteningly acidic creature mankind has ever created.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ha, we're rubbing of on you!!!! You've joined us in our ranting ways :devil:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha...funny...i should mention though that i have just had a whole pot of coffee...the really strong french press kind and some cookies so...i'm all hopped up a lil...i honestly really don't think i'm overwhelming at all....hehe

Priam

MBTI Type
INTP
haha...funny...i should mention though that i have just had a whole pot of coffee...the really strong french press kind and some cookies so...i'm all hopped up a lil...i honestly really don't think i'm overwhelming at all....hehe

It's the slightly random overuse of ellipses that makes me envision you speaking like a chipmunk. Oh and the "hehe"s/"haha"s scattered in for good measure!

Please note: this is not a derogatory post; rather it is explanatory.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...right i see that...must be totally annoying!

i don't know why i do that...but i totally don't talk like a chipmunk. :)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
ENFPs are overwhelming in a nice way. I like intense experiences.
As do I.

:smooch:

ENFPs can definitely be overwhelming. The one I know best can definitely project herself onto others in a way that can be uncomfortable for people who are not naturally adept at extroverted feeling. I also think that a lot of them can or are turned off by people who do not respond to their sometimes outlandish behavior with similar behavior.
I do not project myself onto others, rather I let people in, or soak them in, rather, kinda like a human energy sponge.

We don't have extroverted feeling, we use introverted feeling, fyi.

"I also think that a lot of them can or are turned off by people who do not respond to their sometimes outlandish behavior with similar behavior"

:huh:

What in god's name are you talking about?!?!?

I expect people to act as they are, in other words, for them to act naturally.

I do not, nor do I ever expect anyone to act like me, or to ape my sometimes "outlandish behavior" as you say.

Darling, your assessment is so off that I am going to have to assume that you are either confused, or that you don't know much about any *real* ENFPs.

Sometimes I see facts as just ways of convincing people I'm right? That sounds awful! Facts can be manipulated and changed to suit any purpose, drive home any point, and make anyone seem right. I throw them in because I know it's what people want/need to hear sometimes--know your audience, right? But that inarticulable feeling is what I always try to get across, that feeling where my argument just makes sense and clicks. So I can get overwhelmingly passionate about things in what I’ve just realized is an attempt to literally radiate my enthusiasm .

I know I’m being vague and abstract, buuuut… yeah?
Hmm, I do not believe that facts can be manipulated and changed to suit any purpose, if such were the case, they would not be *facts*. ;)

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I have a feeling that I overwhelm my introverted friends on a daily basis. I try to pick up on social queues they give, and back out when I feel it's needed. If they start giving short answers or make me 100% control the conversation, I generally think it's time to abort.

Even when it's not in conversation though, I'm generally the one to jump and get all intense and excited at everything. If they don't like it...well they can stop talking to me. It's who I am haha

Lozzy

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Overwhelming? Sometimes. I can tell when I'm getting too crazy with my sensor flatmate because he gets that look in his eyes that suggests that I need to be physically restrained. :) People tend to humour us, though, they know our heart is in the right place. I hope. :shock:

Kestrel said:
Don't you suffer from burnout sometimes? I

I do pretty often. I tend to run at very high speeds and then have serious downtime. I don't think ENFPs come with brakes attached, I feel like I have to run in to a wall before I can slow down sometimes.

It's crazy fun though. :D :yes:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Oh mang, I really want to read and respond to this but not a lot of time right now. But a juicy topic to return to.

I will second Captain Chick's statement about infusing even the most "logical arguments" (because I also try to keep my arguments very clear and even impersonal in content) with passion.

It's true, I crave intensity, authenticity, "real"ness, and passion. "I love alive!" is something cheesy that an ENFP could say but mean completely.

In its worst forms, wanting to feel "alive" or "real" lead to compulsive or addictive behavior, reckless or even self-harming behavior for that rush of "reality".

Buuuuut, luckily I'm pretty healthy (I think?) so really I just like to dive into things and explore and I can get really focused or receptive. I like expanding my consciousness by going with the flow and letting my energy levels rise with my surroundings.

ENFPs are constantly expanding and contracting as far as our moods and what we're "ready" for i.e. socializing or what not.

I can get easily overwhelmed by crowds and such if I'm not in mindset.

Otherwise, it's pretty hard for any person to be "too much" for me. I may not like them, they may rub me the wrong way, but not "too much".

And I'm definitely an intense person. I would like to live with less of the mask on and more of people embracing things.

That's why ENFPs are considered "childlike", when we like something, hate something, are angered -- we generally can't hide it or try to hide it. We feel what we feel and we feel it whole mindedly, and that directness and immediacy of feeling contributes to being "intense". It's a foreign concept to me to be pessimistic or play down my feelings, which is why I'm also a big ham, cheesy as hell, and super competitive and I don't care what people say!!! LOL. The very few times I've gotten angry around or towards friends I've been told it's frightening, not because I'm screaming and going crazy necessarily but rather the *intensity* of it.

BTW, this has been discussed in other threads but ENFP and ENTP can both be "a little much" and wear other people out or get on their nerves when we are in super Ne mode.

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
In its worst forms, wanting to feel "alive" or "real" lead to compulsive or addictive behavior, reckless or even self-harming behavior for that rush of "reality".

To be fair, I think our mirroring skills also contribute to such behaviour.

ENFPs are constantly expanding and contracting as far as our moods and what we're "ready" for i.e. socializing or what not.

I can get easily overwhelmed by crowds and such if I'm not in mindset.

I'm probably the only person in the world, but both Ben&Jerry's and Coldstone I simply cannot do. There's just WAY too much going on and all i wanted was some damn ice cream and i just kinda freak out and shut down whenever I enter either of the two establishments. All I wanted was some ice cream.........

And I'm definitely an intense person. I would like to live with less of the mask on and more of people embracing things.

get over the mask, life is so much more enjoyable without it!

That's why ENFPs are considered "childlike", when we like something, hate something, are angered -- we generally can't hide it or try to hide it. We feel what we feel and we feel it whole mindedly, and that directness and immediacy of feeling contributes to being "intense". It's a foreign concept to me to be pessimistic or play down my feelings, which is why I'm also a big ham, cheesy as hell, and super competitive and I don't care what people say!!! LOL. The very few times I've gotten angry around or towards friends I've been told it's frightening, not because I'm screaming and going crazy necessarily but rather the *intensity* of it.

Can anyone tell me what it's like not to feel feelings like we do? I just don't know what that'd be like!
And while it takes a lot to really get me angry, I also can be... well, frightening... thankfully I think only one or two of my freinds have ever seen me that way, and they're still around.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
Actually, I only drink water and fruit juice. I do take chocolate. Abuse it even, when in need of energy. I used to study on two hours of sleep, a big bowl of chocolate and a very flashy green-yellow lemonade in order to make up for all the time I procrastinated doing it. You did *not* wanna be in the same room as me then! I literally bounced off the walls at that point. Worked brilliantly though.

Other than that, we do get burn-outs. And then, like a young kitten after playtime, we look up a place of peace and quiet, crawl in our basky and sleep it off, or whatever the quiet activity entails. Afterwards, we're back with a vengeance :devil:

The only time this process gets interrupted, is if something gets us down for sustained periods of time, as we need time to sort out our feelings.

Other than that, bring it on!!!!!!

Once you grow up though, you learn to smooth out your energy a bit, as otherwise people keep running for the hills whenever they see you...

:hug:

:heart:

yup yup yup what she said

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think that ENFPs are overwhelming only for people that are shy and have social anxiety.
(and I am not one of them)

They can do a lot of talking and laughing, but I have found that with only one well placed shot you can completly knock them out of their balance completly. The more extroverted they act the easier is to do this.

Gauche

I think that ENFPs are overwhelming only for people that are shy and have social anxiety.
(and I am not one of them)

They can do a lot of talking and laughing, but I have found that with only one well placed shot you can completly knock them out of their balance completly. The more extroverted they act the easier is to do this.

I think this is perhaps a thing of T vs. F. You know, ENFP are feelers and they need feedback more than anything other in social circumstances. And sturdy thinker often do not response to ENFP's feeling-based actions. And enfp, then, of course feel like he is wearing himself off, because there's not the feedback from the thinker.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
ENFP's are Highly Awesome people. :nice: I am overwhelmed by the awesomeness :worthy: