User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 95

  1. #71
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    yeah...right i see that...must be totally annoying!

    i don't know why i do that...but i totally don't talk like a chipmunk.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  2. #72
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    ENFPs are overwhelming in a nice way. I like intense experiences.
    As do I.



    Quote Originally Posted by JonJT View Post
    ENFPs can definitely be overwhelming. The one I know best can definitely project herself onto others in a way that can be uncomfortable for people who are not naturally adept at extroverted feeling. I also think that a lot of them can or are turned off by people who do not respond to their sometimes outlandish behavior with similar behavior.
    I do not project myself onto others, rather I let people in, or soak them in, rather, kinda like a human energy sponge.

    We don't have extroverted feeling, we use introverted feeling, fyi.

    "I also think that a lot of them can or are turned off by people who do not respond to their sometimes outlandish behavior with similar behavior"



    What in god's name are you talking about?!?!?

    I expect people to act as they are, in other words, for them to act naturally.

    I do not, nor do I ever expect anyone to act like me, or to ape my sometimes "outlandish behavior" as you say.

    Darling, your assessment is so off that I am going to have to assume that you are either confused, or that you don't know much about any *real* ENFPs.

    Quote Originally Posted by aufs klo View Post
    Sometimes I see facts as just ways of convincing people I'm right? That sounds awful! Facts can be manipulated and changed to suit any purpose, drive home any point, and make anyone seem right. I throw them in because I know it's what people want/need to hear sometimes--know your audience, right? But that inarticulable feeling is what I always try to get across, that feeling where my argument just makes sense and clicks. So I can get overwhelmingly passionate about things in what Ive just realized is an attempt to literally radiate my enthusiasm .

    I know Im being vague and abstract, buuuut yeah?
    Hmm, I do not believe that facts can be manipulated and changed to suit any purpose, if such were the case, they would not be *facts*.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  3. #73
    Systematic chaos Cenomite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    623

    Default

    I have a feeling that I overwhelm my introverted friends on a daily basis. I try to pick up on social queues they give, and back out when I feel it's needed. If they start giving short answers or make me 100% control the conversation, I generally think it's time to abort.

    Even when it's not in conversation though, I'm generally the one to jump and get all intense and excited at everything. If they don't like it...well they can stop talking to me. It's who I am haha

  4. #74
    Member Lozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Overwhelming? Sometimes. I can tell when I'm getting too crazy with my sensor flatmate because he gets that look in his eyes that suggests that I need to be physically restrained. People tend to humour us, though, they know our heart is in the right place. I hope.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    Don't you suffer from burnout sometimes? I
    I do pretty often. I tend to run at very high speeds and then have serious downtime. I don't think ENFPs come with brakes attached, I feel like I have to run in to a wall before I can slow down sometimes.

    It's crazy fun though.
    We don't need reason and we don't need logic, 'cause we've got feeling and we're damn proud of it!

    Speeding Motorcycle - Daniel Johnston

  5. #75
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Oh mang, I really want to read and respond to this but not a lot of time right now. But a juicy topic to return to.

    I will second Captain Chick's statement about infusing even the most "logical arguments" (because I also try to keep my arguments very clear and even impersonal in content) with passion.

    It's true, I crave intensity, authenticity, "real"ness, and passion. "I love alive!" is something cheesy that an ENFP could say but mean completely.

    In its worst forms, wanting to feel "alive" or "real" lead to compulsive or addictive behavior, reckless or even self-harming behavior for that rush of "reality".

    Buuuuut, luckily I'm pretty healthy (I think?) so really I just like to dive into things and explore and I can get really focused or receptive. I like expanding my consciousness by going with the flow and letting my energy levels rise with my surroundings.

    ENFPs are constantly expanding and contracting as far as our moods and what we're "ready" for i.e. socializing or what not.

    I can get easily overwhelmed by crowds and such if I'm not in mindset.

    Otherwise, it's pretty hard for any person to be "too much" for me. I may not like them, they may rub me the wrong way, but not "too much".

    And I'm definitely an intense person. I would like to live with less of the mask on and more of people embracing things.

    That's why ENFPs are considered "childlike", when we like something, hate something, are angered -- we generally can't hide it or try to hide it. We feel what we feel and we feel it whole mindedly, and that directness and immediacy of feeling contributes to being "intense". It's a foreign concept to me to be pessimistic or play down my feelings, which is why I'm also a big ham, cheesy as hell, and super competitive and I don't care what people say!!! LOL. The very few times I've gotten angry around or towards friends I've been told it's frightening, not because I'm screaming and going crazy necessarily but rather the *intensity* of it.

    BTW, this has been discussed in other threads but ENFP and ENTP can both be "a little much" and wear other people out or get on their nerves when we are in super Ne mode.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  6. #76
    Senior Member aufs klo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    In its worst forms, wanting to feel "alive" or "real" lead to compulsive or addictive behavior, reckless or even self-harming behavior for that rush of "reality".
    To be fair, I think our mirroring skills also contribute to such behaviour.

    ENFPs are constantly expanding and contracting as far as our moods and what we're "ready" for i.e. socializing or what not.

    I can get easily overwhelmed by crowds and such if I'm not in mindset.
    I'm probably the only person in the world, but both Ben&Jerry's and Coldstone I simply cannot do. There's just WAY too much going on and all i wanted was some damn ice cream and i just kinda freak out and shut down whenever I enter either of the two establishments. All I wanted was some ice cream.........

    And I'm definitely an intense person. I would like to live with less of the mask on and more of people embracing things.
    get over the mask, life is so much more enjoyable without it!

    That's why ENFPs are considered "childlike", when we like something, hate something, are angered -- we generally can't hide it or try to hide it. We feel what we feel and we feel it whole mindedly, and that directness and immediacy of feeling contributes to being "intense". It's a foreign concept to me to be pessimistic or play down my feelings, which is why I'm also a big ham, cheesy as hell, and super competitive and I don't care what people say!!! LOL. The very few times I've gotten angry around or towards friends I've been told it's frightening, not because I'm screaming and going crazy necessarily but rather the *intensity* of it.
    Can anyone tell me what it's like not to feel feelings like we do? I just don't know what that'd be like!
    And while it takes a lot to really get me angry, I also can be... well, frightening... thankfully I think only one or two of my freinds have ever seen me that way, and they're still around.
    What's up universe?

  7. #77
    ~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    2,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Actually, I only drink water and fruit juice. I do take chocolate. Abuse it even, when in need of energy. I used to study on two hours of sleep, a big bowl of chocolate and a very flashy green-yellow lemonade in order to make up for all the time I procrastinated doing it. You did *not* wanna be in the same room as me then! I literally bounced off the walls at that point. Worked brilliantly though.

    Other than that, we do get burn-outs. And then, like a young kitten after playtime, we look up a place of peace and quiet, crawl in our basky and sleep it off, or whatever the quiet activity entails. Afterwards, we're back with a vengeance

    The only time this process gets interrupted, is if something gets us down for sustained periods of time, as we need time to sort out our feelings.

    Other than that, bring it on!!!!!!

    Once you grow up though, you learn to smooth out your energy a bit, as otherwise people keep running for the hills whenever they see you...





    yup yup yup what she said
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

  8. #78
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,667

    Default

    I think that ENFPs are overwhelming only for people that are shy and have social anxiety.
    (and I am not one of them)


    They can do a lot of talking and laughing, but I have found that with only one well placed shot you can completly knock them out of their balance completly. The more extroverted they act the easier is to do this.

  9. #79
    Senior Member Gauche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I think that ENFPs are overwhelming only for people that are shy and have social anxiety.
    (and I am not one of them)


    They can do a lot of talking and laughing, but I have found that with only one well placed shot you can completly knock them out of their balance completly. The more extroverted they act the easier is to do this.
    I think this is perhaps a thing of T vs. F. You know, ENFP are feelers and they need feedback more than anything other in social circumstances. And sturdy thinker often do not response to ENFP's feeling-based actions. And enfp, then, of course feel like he is wearing himself off, because there's not the feedback from the thinker.

  10. #80
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    ENFP's are Highly Awesome people. I am overwhelmed by the awesomeness

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!
    By findthejake in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1133
    Last Post: 12-08-2017, 02:44 PM
  2. [ENFP] Has anyone else experienced this? (ENFP growing up in an overwhelmingly xSJx family).
    By cattywample in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 02:03 AM
  3. [ENFP] Hello, fellow ENFPs!! Overwhelming enthusiasm, and bluntness versus tact
    By ChrisC99 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-2012, 04:50 PM
  4. [ENFP] To any NF, especially ENFPs - are you frequently overwhelmed or depressed?
    By SingSmileShine in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-26-2012, 01:29 PM
  5. [ENFP] enfp's fact or fiction
    By targobelle in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 458
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 03:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO